Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It's finally getting cold~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 03:30:21 )

@squishy sloth: it’s normally warm here in the early fall. In the winter we can and will get snow. But only a few inches. (Unless we happen to get a random blizzard but that hasn’t happened since 2016 here)
The leaves don’t finished falling off the trees until sometime in Nov.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 23:29:27 )

@MoodyB: ksjhddjh gOd i cant even imagine 90+ degrees i think i would literally die omg

@Purpsy: mother nature would you please turn down the heat enough for everyone to wear FLOOFY SOCKS please thank you nature

@Kory: akjshjdh sadly wales' summer was the opposite, it got WAAAAAAY too hot and i melted like 10 times rip x_x
it's funny how the uk had a super hot summer but some places in america had a mild summer, it's like the opposite akjshjd
i hope u get rain tho!! *hands you our rain*

aaah i hope your lil hammy is okay in the long run ): if you need any support we're all here <3 i don't know much about hamsters but i'm sure she'll be okay :3

@Totalanimefan: man i miss snow i'm jealous >w< it hasn't snowed properly in a couple years, and it probably won't now ):
a warm autumn sounds nice though, not too hot but also not too cold~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 00:02:19 )

@squishy sloth: snow is really pretty but if you have to go anywhere I hate it.
Fall is pretty nice in DC. Not going to lie haha

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 00:06:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@squishy sloth: it was not fun.
and we also have no A/C at all so summer is just us suffering LOL

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 06:38:33 )

@squishy sloth: Yes yes.
Maybe not too cold enough to turn us into humancicle but just cold enough.

Sincerely, the rest of the humanity~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 07:57:07 )

Gods I can't wait for colder weather. Here in Florida has been miserable.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/5 02:34:19 )

@Totalanimefan: ah yeah my mum hates it too akjshdjhf
probably because she drives? although it hasn't snowed enough to hinder driving in a while >w<
i kinda wish we got a nice autumn here but right now it's just raaaain

@MoodyB: aaah that's not good ):
also we don't have a/c here either so i feel you rip
it got WAAAAAAY too hot omg

@Kory: oh god same!! i hate summer in general so this summer was the absolute worst i'm just so glad it's over oml
it's raining now but i'd take rain over heat any day (plus it's nice to listen to :3)
*hands you the rain* it's been raining for like 3 days straight take it AKJSHJD

also yeah i'd definitely get a second opinion!! i don't know much about hamsters but surely the vet would try out everything else first BEFORE recommending surgery? that's what they did with our cat's at least
i thought vet's would always offer things like medicine first before surgery so it sounds kind of weird to me aaaa

@Purpsy: yes pls don't turn us into a humansicle!!
pls be nice mother nature we love you ):

@Another Movie Addict: *hands you some rain* BEHOLD
RAIN!!
aksjhjd it's been raining a lot here we have some spare

also your signature is so cute omg

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/5 03:09:28 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@squishy sloth: it was horrendous.
and where i live fires happen a lot. Not super bad like CA.
but sometimes the smoke from their fires come into my state so then we cannot open the window.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/5 12:45:53 )

@squishy sloth: Thank you. My signature is actually friends and I at a convention doing the caramalldansen.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 01:58:45 )

@MoodyB: you know, that sort of thing is why i'm glad i don't live there,, you would think that people would be trying to fix the climate with the amount of fires that happen jesus
i'm glad it doesn't happen as often as CA at least but still can the government do something pls!!

@Kory: yay!! thank you mother nature!! akjshd you're welcome i'm glad i could share my rain~
also again, i'm not a vet and i don't have extensive knowledge on how vets operate, but it's definitely weird that they didn't just offer it right away and went straight to 'give her surgery' :/
HOWEVER it does sound like it'd be best to just do the surgery now before it gets any worse bc i imagine having a lump doesn't make pea very happy ):
we kind of had this dilemma with both tiger and megan, it was hard to decide what to do for both but in the end it was the right decision, and i'm sure whatever you choose will be the right one~

@Another Movie Addict: ajshdj i love it so much omg
i wish i had the money and confidence to cosplay, it seems so fun~ also i'm glad caramelldansen never died because i love the song and dance so much akjshd

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 03:55:21 )

@Kory: yeah thats the problem, vets are SO DAMN EXPENSIVEEEE
also if it helps her its worth it!! if thats the case then surgery would definitely be the best thing for her, it'd be better to get it removed sooner rather than later

she'll be alright afterwards, give her lots of pets too, she deserves the love :3 <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 03:57:02 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@squishy sloth: sometimes the fires just don't go out that easy.
that's the problem. some fires just are really stubborn.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 04:53:08 )

@MoodyB: yeah i can imagine, i remember there being a fire years ago and it took a while to put out
it didn't take as long as the ones i've heard about that happen in america though, those can take forever omg

@Kory: no you're right, i feel like that too sometimes ): i feel like vet's should be covered by the NHS and whatever other places have since pets are family
honestly i feel like there should be some kind of medicine to help her before the surgery, that would make sense in my eyes, theres gotta be something to help her out until then >~<

also good!! she deserves the kissies :3 aksjhjd she'll definitely like them after surgery

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 04:59:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@squishy sloth: we had one where i live a couple years ago, and it took ages to actually get rid of.
it just kept burning.
and now there is like a scar kind of from where it was.

i don't live super near CA. but we get smoke from practically everywhere.
it's also hard when our windows are like....so cheap and falling apart but nothing seems like it will fix them
cause stubborn land lady won't lift a finger lol

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 02:43:52 )

@MoodyB: aahh thats not good ):
the land lady should actually do something kjdkj why are landlords so crappyyyy
seriously though i really hope the fires can be kept under control soon, from what i've seen it's getting ridiculous ):

@Kory: RIGHT AKJSHJD i swear vets are so expensive and for what??
like obviously if we can pay we will bc our fur babies are family but for those who can't it's not really a great system,, why are there no payment plan options???

also thats good!! i imagine she'll be super happy to be rid of the thing~ (and also be willing to accept kissies KJSAJDH)

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 03:34:01 )

@Kory: right!! everything else has a payment plan option so why not vets smh (i mean idk if hospitals do but in the uk it's covered by the nhs anyway aksjhdjhb)

also i'm glad she can get it done so soon~ she's a real trooper being able to go through this!! also she deserves the sleep time aksjhdj sleep is great >w<
i bet she'll love the kisses tho, she's done well so she might want them as a little gift ashjdhgj

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 03:40:32 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@squishy sloth: last time she legit accused my family, full of people who are allergic of smoke,
as smokers saying smoking is not allowed.
Like gurl...you are asking the wrong fam. LOL.

my dad sent over the leap application as leap can help assist fix windows and such to assist those
who need help surviving the cold weather.
i doubt she'll do anything about it tho. :/

Yeah in the summer smoke gets so bad.
and then in the winter i just smell cigarette and firewood smoke

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 03:46:02 )

@MoodyB: man she sounds terrible who tf let her be in charge of anything?????
also i hope the windows can be fixed, i have asthma so i know how bad it can get when smoke is around oof

seriously tho someone needs to fire her she sounds like a menace ew

also electric fires are a blessing to have bc smoke in general is just the worst

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 03:51:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@squishy sloth: she ended up buying the place so this other person wouldn't who would've hiked the rent from $950 to 1400.
but then she just started to act very nasty to us.
she was nice but then when we would mention things needing to be fixed began to act so mean toward us
and very grumpy.
even my grandma calls her a bitter old woman. and my grandma is literally the nicest woman you'll meet.

i get severe allergies with all kinds of smoke.
tho in winter it's so hard to stay warm because our place lacks insulation, and because of that the heater
will be tricked to thinking the place is plenty warm when it's far from it.
and windows are falling apart and even getting stuck when we open them.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 04:30:43 )

@MoodyB: aaah i really hope you can get the windows fixed!!
also i wonder what happened for her to get like that... or if she was just hiding it until then
i swear most landlords are like that, it sucks :/

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.