Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Said Goodbye to my Best Girl.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 16:28:46 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

I made the hardest decision of my life yesterday.

I had to say goodbye to my best friend of 14 years.

It's hard not to think of the what-ifs, the could-haves. But she was old, and tired. And as soon as the vet began her procedure, I could tell she was ready.

I will miss you so much, Sandy. You took a part of my heart with you. But you have given me so much, taught me so much; always so patient and loyal. Always there for me, no matter what. I will always have the gift of the memories we made. I'm so blessed to have had you in my life. <3

An Angel returned to heaven.

// AI-COM : return // end of line

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 16:48:30 )

@Vii: What a sweet girl. I'm sorry for your loss. -hugs-

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 17:01:37 )

@Totalanimefan: Thank you <3 She truly was such a perfect dog. Hindsight is always 20/20 and all that. I'm kicking myself for all the hours spent playing video games / wasting time on the internet and not doting on her. But I can't think like that. She had a good, long life. And she went in peace and dignity. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 17:03:26 )

@Vii: Don't kick yourself about it. We all love our pets but also we have lives to live. You are/were allowed to do other things besides just dote on her.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 17:28:58 )

@Totalanimefan: That's true. She just deserved the world and I wish I'd have given it to her. <3 But I know I can't change the past so I've been trying to focus on all the joy we've had. After all, fourteen years is practically ancient for a large dog like her! And her last years were spent on a nice big property with lots of room to roam and lots of bushes to sniff. c:

Thank you. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 18:12:28 )

@Vii: 14 years is really good for her breed! I'm glad that she got to live such a good life with you and your family.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 14:53:31 )

@Totalanimefan: That is true. I'm thankful to have had the gift of knowing her, especially so long! I can't wait to see her again someday. <3

@KDA Drew: Thank you <3 It wouldn't be so hard if we could just talk to them but...alas, that's just the way things go. She is no longer in pain and now she can eat all the eggs and pork loin she wants. <3

It must seem very strange having the house get emptier every time you visit; no doubt it's tough for your parents, too, having all their "kids" go away. :C

Time honestly sucks. Even if you do your best to make the most of it, it all just slips by too fast.

Thank you for your kind words. c: I wish the best things for you too!

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 16:44:22 )
Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss. </3 At least you'll always have your memories with her.

It's hard putting pets to sleep, but it helps to know they're not suffering anymore. I have to catch myself from saying my hedgehog's name when I say goodbye to my cats when going anywhere. It's been almost a year since we had to say goodbye, but my brain still wants to include her name in the everyday goodbyes lol. Not that I feel bad about it, but just trying to say it's normal!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.