Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Seasonal Exchanges

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 14:40:16 )

I can't even remember how I came about this awesome seasonal event, just kinda seemed like the admin Elissinia appeared out of nowhere and welcomed me in. I'm usually quite shy on discord but this one felt oddly... not cliquey! It has been SO NICE participating with them :D

Here are the entries I've done

This next one was part of the "mini" event tier, where you're only required to draw something of about $25 minimum value.
The other two were to be $75 minimum value, so a lot more to them :D

I always love drawing things for others, but with something like this where there's some motivation for it and I dont feel like I have high pressure. Usually theres about a month and a half to the deadline.

https://artexchange.carrd.co/]exchange carrd - I know autumn exchanges will be starting up again soon. I'm debating on taking a break or not, knowing there wont be a winter exchange (they take a break then). But I might end up moving maybe, so..? :vanora_upsidedown:

Anyway-- any of you join exchange/secret santa events kinda like this? OR THIS ONE?
:D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 14:54:04 )
    I do story exchanges on Archive of Our Own, they're written fiction :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 22:22:48 )

@Jolly: Wow your art is so beautiful!
There is a secret art exchange that happens every year around Christmas time! I think that you sign up in Nov. @Hachi: hosts it every year and it's wonderful. ^^

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 22:26:17 )

@Jolly: omg your art is gorgeous! :o wonderful work!
I’ve never joined anything like that cuz my art sucks xD I used to do avi site gift exchanges during christmas season tho those were fun :3

You’re moving again? :o

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 05:23:36 )
@jolly: Stunning pieces! The digital sketching/colouring is really beautiful, calming and eye-catching ^^ I love the use of purple too (my fave colour xD) I've tried doing experimental digital (traditional sketching and then scanning it into Photoshop to then attempt to colour with mouse haha xDD). I now just stick to traditional, as I find it easier to control.

I've never joined that particular seasonal exchange, but it looks cool~ :) I'm thinking of joining the Voltra seasonal exchange later this year.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:07:49 )

@Jolly: I've done Secret Art Exchange here hosted by Hachi and that was a lot of fun! :3 I have heard of Seasonal Art Exchange before, but never participated. I'm am seriously considering it though.... :>

please @ me

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 23:18:42 )

@sunny:
That sounds really cool <33 how does it work with the writing? Are you given a prompt or something? O:

@totalanimefan:
Thank you! Yeah I think I've heard about that one before, but hadn't joined it.
Could be fun if its active this winter <3

@ruby:
Thank you <3
Do you by chance go on artfight? (I feel like I've asked before, but I've been gone so long i forget!) thats a big exchange concept that doesnt matter what drawing level you feel you're at--everyone is accepted! It's so much fun to use as a motivation for practice ;v; or in my case, to shake off rust when I dont draw enough.

and yeah I MIGHT end up with one more move. I have an audit style interview with a regional manager to be promoted at my job. If she chooses me over the other 2 candidates, that means I'd be moving to san antonio :> only 2 hours away.

@jessamine:
Traditional art is so satisfying imo <3 its how I started and spent half of my artsy career XD
I didn't go digital until after I was already 20.

@vixen:
Its a ton of fun and the mods are very sweet <3
they take a break for winter this year so if you did join it, you'd still be free for Hachi's :D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/12 23:21:16 )
    @Jolly: yes, people sign up to give a story and receive a story. They write what kind of story they would like to receive and then you write it :) it is mostly for fanfiction which I don't partake in, but most exchanges allow original works! It's a bit complicated to explain lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 02:52:48 )

@Jolly: Hopefully it will be running again and you will be around to enjoy it ^^ I don't draw, but I do like to see people happy to get awesome art from others.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/13 08:40:11 )

@Jolly: idk if we’ve talked about it before but no I’ve gone on there lol tbh things like that put a lot of pressure on me even if its just for fun, so I tend to stay away from them lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/20 18:56:50 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah hopefully! I get overwhelmed pretty easily lately so we'll see where I'm at by then :D
Things are gradually getting better and more stable (sort of--I did just end up with extra hours at work starting yesterday when a coworker walked out on the job sdkjfh) so I feel like I'm able to relax a bit more and draw things properly <3

Last week I managed to finish two arts in one day and I was like daaaaaaaang I'm comin back XD

@ruby:
Ah, yeah that makes sense! It can be a lot of pressure, especially when you talk to the community sometimes. Its meant to be a lowkey art gifting game where you aren't obligated to draw anything, but some do put a lot of pressure to draw back or "revenge" and stuff so >> I get intimidated sometimes too.
tbh this year's season was kinda lame compared to normal. I think life has everyone so stressed as a default, that everyone got massive burnout very quickly from drawing o:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/21 01:48:51 )

@Jolly: hey that’s pretty good ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.