Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Kad & Min's Craft Room

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 04:55:23 )

/bats ball of yarn around like a cat

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:03:48 )
No! Bad Anarchist!
*sprays you with a water bottle*
You leave my yarn alone!
lol

But seriously, welcome!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:05:32 )

/hisses and swats at
i will remember this when my next hairball arrives

How goes life?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:07:46 )
Eh. It's not great. But slightly better than last week, so I guess that's a good thing.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:09:15 )

I feel that in my soul.
Actually having a bit of a crappy night right now.
A Thing happened and I'm what the kids call "#triggered", crying all over the place and shit.
65% because I'm on my period and 35% because I'm a lil cry baby.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:13:55 )
Similar here I guess. Except it's more like 50% started by my period, but now 100% brain saying "you need to feel completely emotionally numb and empty right now".

Yay for having issues! *high-fives*
I hope you feel better soon.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:18:31 )

Heck yeah! lmao
I feel you, but I read something that apparently that's the point of crying.
It releases all them emotions and shizz and leaves you feeling blank.
So, like, god bless crying..?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:21:18 )
Too bad my emptiness is less cathartic than that. It's like, I know I should be happy or sad or angry about stuff, but the emotions just aren't there. Like, I can't even cry.

But ah, yay for crying then, hopefully it works out well for you!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:27:37 )

Ah, do you have the Depression™, too?
I go through those phases.
Sometimes I just bawl for hours, other times I stare into space wishing I could do anything at all that resembles an emotion.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:37:07 )
I can't claim that I do because I have never been officially diagnosed, but odds are extremely good that I do.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 05:49:25 )

I've never been officially diagnosed either, but I don't need a doctor to tell me what I already know.
Didn't get glasses until 3rd grade, but my eyesight still sucked before then.
Kinda feels like the same shit, you know?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 06:01:54 )
Yeah, I just feel like almost a fake if I say I have something that hasn't been given an official diagnosis even if I display 99-100% of the symptoms. Especially since so many people I've experienced in the past who have it were the "if you haven't been officially diagnosed, it doesn't count and you're just doing it for the attention" type people.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 06:05:26 )

Literally screw those people.
Not everyone has quick, easy, or affordable access to medical professionals who can say "yep, u have the depression".
And you don't exactly need one unless you desperately need to get on medication for it.
Looking up things online might not always be the best but when you come across 500 different lists and you have 70-100% of every symptom listed on those lists, it's pretty safe to say that your self diagnosis is valid.
I would literally punch someone for trying to tell me my self-diagnosis didn't count because suicidal ideation isn't something non-depressed people deal with on the daily.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 06:08:36 )
You make a lot of good points there. It's good to have someone who understands.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 06:16:16 )

I've put up with a lot of crap in my life, and for a long LONG ass time I had no idea what the hell was going on with me.
I never really had big access to doctors and my family used to be one of those "what do ou have to be depressed about" families and still kind of are, but through the internet and places like tumblr I finally figured out that, hey, I'm not actually a piece of crap broken human being.
I'm depressed and it's a real and legit issue, and I'm working with myself to try and stay alive.
I realize now that I probably do need to try and find a doctor to diagnose me so I can get the proper medication, but that's still tough because I don't know what is or isn't covered on my medical insurance, since it's the government stuff that more or less comes with the food stamps I'm on.
So through all of that crap, I fight for others to accept these things, too. With or without that magical Official Diagnosis, because invalidated someone's experiences like that is straight up BULLSHIT.
I didn't need a doctor to tell me I needed glasses, I didn't need one to tell me I broke my toe last year, and I don't need one to tell me I am depressed. I already knew all those things, and some lil punk ass isn't going to tell me otherwise.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/13 23:47:29 )
Yeah, my family was more the "depression is a made up ailment that people claim they have so they can get doped up on drugs" type. So I have never felt like I could even have a theoretical discussion about depression with any of them without them getting all judgemental. But I had been cutting off and on, like when I was really bad and just wanted to be able to feel something, anything I would cut. Sort of. Actually, I would take a pin or thumbtack and just scratch myself over and over until it would bleed because I figured it probably physically hurt more than just cutting with a blade would. And then I would pick the scabs over and over until it would scar. Most of them have faded enough to barely be visible except for my "sucide" cuts that I did down my forearms. But I have not been that bad since around 2010. Part of which was finding a few really good friends and partly now I have cats who, while they don't prevent my issues, they give me the love and affection and just generally give me a reason to get up each day. And because I have not been that bad, I am at least partially covering my scars with tattoos, just symbols really, but they hold meaning. I have the one on my right done, but the one on my left probably won't be done until possibly this spring/summer or maybe next year depending on a few factors.
Ah, but now I'm rambling.

tl;dr: Family can really suck, but I'm better than I used to be and have furry support babies that I am eternally thankful that I have.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/14 08:57:31 )
a colorful unicorn
@Apollo Im Burning: how do you make the bunny envelopes, sorry to be asking there cute. And well before Easter time gets closer, I'd like to make some and sent them out to family that are wondering on how I am doing and why I didn't make it to Christmas last year.
without a horn!
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/14 17:37:25 )

[x]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/14 18:52:08 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/14 20:32:53 )
@Apollo Im Burning: That box is so cute! I love that paper! You could put some candy in it and give it to a friend maybe.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.