Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Kad & Min's Craft Room

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 07:28:37 )
@apollo im burning: Of my book binding or my chainmaille stuff? Either way, I'll dig through my phone and see if I can find pics.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 07:57:13 )

[x]

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 08:03:55 )
@apollo im burning: Haha, thanks! Most of my gauntlets have been gifts for friends except the super long black and silver ones. I need to make a better pair for myself though. The long ones are excellent, but they're a little too long at the hand/fingers area and a little too snug.
I've got a few more chainmaille pics very slowly uploading.
I mainly do a lot of Byzantine weave stuff (bracelets and key lanyards) but I want to learn more stuff.
I do have some scalemaille shaping instructions that I want to make a bra with eventually.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 20:33:47 )
Everybody is so good with the crafting and here I am going 'All I can do is follow a pattern. And not every well at that.'

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:00:05 )
@aellotyphoeus: No! You're good too! Better than you believe you are!
And honestly, a lot of my good stuff is either years of practice or really easy stuff. I firmly believe that after a month or two of practice, you could be just as good as me doing chainmail stuff. I still am struggling with certain weaves that I'm learning, and I have scratched or over-bent more rings than I can count. But I had managed to figure out the Byzantine weave in under a month. Still working on figuring out multi-color box chain, but it's similar to the Byzantine weave, but with one step removed.
And my loom knitting? That's 7 or 8 years of working on projects. My first couple years, I had no clue how to do color changes correctly. I only had enough confidence in my skills to actually attempt stuffed animals last year. And the scale gauntlets were a project born out of a half-assed Halloween costume idea, but I had to adapt the way of adding scales myself because it can't be done the same as for knit and crochet or the scales end up sideways. I should probably make a tutorial for it someday...

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:09:45 )
@Kaderin Triste: It doesn't help that I can never find the time to actually commit to learning more. It's so time consuming to crochet a blanket.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:15:39 )
@aellotyphoeus: Yeah...I totally understand that. You should give loom knitting a try! No need to worry about you work coming undone and no worries about tension! Blankets can still take a while, but they're not too bad. Depending on how busy I am, I can make a cabled baby blanket in 2-6 months.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:23:51 )
@Kaderin Triste: Idk. I think it'd be good to actually get better at crochet before I do much else. And I finished that one blanket in a month while watching TV. It just means I wouldn't be on here posting as much because I'd be crocheting more.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:28:05 )
@aellotyphoeus: Lol. You're already faster than I'd be! That's pretty quick iny book! I did make one large/adult blanket in 2-3 months once. For a Christmas present. But it was a super easy pattern.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:31:03 )
@Kaderin Triste: It helped that it was a big weave and the yarn was super bulky. Then to boot, I got some super comfy new hooks that have nice handles on them!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:35:03 )
@aellotyphoeus: I have seen the ones with the nice handles and I want them! Even though I have no crochet skill!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:38:17 )
@Kaderin Triste: They're soooooooo comfy. Like it takes well over 5 hours of crocheting for my hand to cramp when using those. With the regular ones, I could only go an hour or so.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 04:39:10 )
OKAY GUYS, I NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH ME TO CROCHET BECAUSE I BOUGHT A SUPER CUTE AMIGURIMI CAT PATTERN BOOK AND I NEED TO MAKE THEM ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE SOOOOO CUTE!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:38:40 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 09:54:32 )
@apollo im burning: My phone is being super slow with uploads tonight, so I will only share one.

But the book is called Dumpling Cats if you want to look it up and find more images.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 02:38:55 )
Hope that Granny returns! But I do have some pics to update with soon!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 06:19:16 )
Those are adorable banners!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 17:32:53 )
Yeah, Granny made them.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 17:40:56 )
-gives a big thumbs up-
And that you and Derpy art in your signature is great!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 17:44:39 )
Lol. It's actually one of my bitchy OCs and Derpy. XD
An art prize from the Halloween event and actually one of my fave art pieces.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.