Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event I think I ran out of titles

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 01:35:01 )
*rolls around* Hmmm..... though I don't know how I feel about heavy metal but I'll might check it out later lol

As for the embed not working, I think it has to due to the feature being unavailable :o

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 02:18:29 )

@ChiffonOrange: Huh, I just kinda assumed if there was a button for it, it'd work. But that's fair.

Love the new avi, btw!

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 03:18:04 )
@cooperationiskey: Mmhmm. *nods*

Thank you, even though I still think my avatar doesn't look too nature-ish/plant/flower or countryside/rural themed lol. I might change it again if there's another new event item comes out.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 03:39:43 )
That's an adorable chibi! ^^
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 11:04:41 )
KittyBeary, Thank you

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 01:20:31 )
@Kory: Hey there! And that's alright, I don't mind tbh since it's only a minor thing. :o

How are you doing today/tonight? Hope your day was going well.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 10:11:19 )
@kory: *waves back* :3

Ohh I see. That's great to hear! :D And yeah do get some sleep for energy for the next day. Sleep is good. ^^

And I'm fine, and it's 5:10PM for me since it's getting closer to evening/night time (Yes, in Malaysia lol) :o

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 11:47:47 )

@ChiffonOrange: hello! it's been a while
it's a similar time for me too, 4.17 pm, because i'm in india.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 01:10:30 )
@whimsy: Hey there! *waves* And I see, that's understandable since everyone has different or similar timezones depending on which country they live in. :o

@kory: Ah I see. That's understandable and oh, I see. :o
Same, I don't have a great memory either unless I had to jot down some notes on my phone.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 01:29:47 )
@kory: Mmhmm. :3 Wishing you getting lots of good sleeps while having sweet dreams.

Woah lol, same about forgetting to look at them notes after jotting down. Or if I memorize them, it would work but still I would forget about some of them. The weather in Malaysia is tropical since it doesn't have four seasons and it's hot and humid in day/afternoon times though it does rains from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 02:35:38 )
@kory: No problem ^^

I see lol

Same about humid and aww thank you, you too <3 Ohh I see. I heard California is popular for beach-goers hence the sunny weather as you mentioned unless some beach-goers prefer a not-so hot and sunny weather. And the funny but silly thing is I used to think California or most cities/counties/towns/etc. in US have four seasons together or having the same weather despite the continent being bigger ahaha. ^^;; Though I did my (small) research on it on the internet fortunately lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 02:53:36 )
@kory: Lmao thank goodness for the internet.

I see. *nods* That sounds pretty interesting to know every state has different weather. Does it get colder in Minnesota? :o Sorry if I had little to no knowledge of snow since I never seen it in person except in pictures and videos from Youtube. ^^;

Well damn, only for a couple of seconds then stopped? o.o That sucks. And I used to really dislike the rain as a kid but slowly starting to appreciate it in my early 20s. The only good thing about rain is you can get to be cozy while inside of your house unless you're at outside. ^^; I do hope you'll get rain soon.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 03:25:00 )
@kory: The internet is a good thing but some people might use it for bad things. ^^;

I see. :o That's very interesting and yeah me too even though I never experienced it lol. *researches what drought is* Oh no, I hope it doesn't get really worse and hope it'll go away. D:

Unrelated but nice username btw ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 03:52:38 )
@kory: Unfortunately that is true. There's bound to be someone who would use anything for bad things.

Oh dear D:

No problem. And I see, that's understandable since not everyone is comfortable with a feminine or masculine name (even I'm kinda struggling to choose a proper gender netural name as well), even the ones that used to be gender neutral (ex: Morgan, Taylor, Shannon, etc.) somehow got turned into a very feminine name for unknown reason.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 09:51:39 )
@kory: Same. My guess it has to do with popularity and how people think a certain gender netural or "feminine" names that used to be masculine back then and thought "But (insert any gender netural names) is for girls!", I also hate that people think gender neutral (or unisex) names are only restricted to girls when it can be for anyone regardless of gender. (;¬_¬)

I see, that's really interesting and same although it's in Chinese characters written in my case since my (birth) name can be gender neutral or feminine depending on how its written though I prefer the former.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:45:23 )
i don't like society gendering things period. :viodone:

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 01:14:00 )
@kory: Ooh I see. And I agree with you, I hate it too when names that were gender neutral/masculine back then are now considered a "girl's name" despite the names' origin/history. It does annoys me when people don't do their research on those names before spouting nonsense, and I really wish gender neutral names are for everyone of all genders, not just for girls.

Sort of unrelated but there are times where I do give my OCs with gender neutral names whether they're a guy, girl or etc. and if the name suits them or their personality.

@whimsy: Same. *nods in agreement*

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 01:35:41 )
@kory: True, it definately didn't feel creative when everyone does it as soon as they heard a girl with a gender neutral/masculine name. People think it's "cool, trendy or edgy" when girls have a gender neutral/masculine name but they hate it when it comes to a boy with a gender neutral name (or a "feminine" name that used to be masculine years ago) because they think boys shouldn't have gender netural names. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ And yeah, people should take their time before naming their kids.

Letting their children picking their names sounds like a better choice. And... wow lol. That's very unusual but interesting regardless, I think there are some people name their children with very unusual names or after fictional characters but that's the minority. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Oh, that's really interesting and cool! You should use your old username for your OC (if they're still unnamed) :o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 02:17:32 )
@kory: Yeah, that really sucks tbh. Even names like Shirley or Leslie which are also historically masculine sound "feminine" nowadays and yes, you're right *nods in agreement* Most people don't even realise when their children grow up into a young adult and wanted to change their name legally by choice. Though some parents might try to control their kids' naming even if the kids hate the name their parents given them since they were newborns. And true, there's a difference between naming your children and naming your pets. The latter is well, since they're pets as in domestic animals they wouldn't care as long they have a name but the former is when parents name their kids after (or before) they were born, the name will get stuck with them for the rest of their lives 'til death (unless their children want to change their name legally but that needs a lot of resources and paperwork to do so).

Ooh, that is definately a very nifty idea in my opinion! :D At least the child will be able to choose a name (as you have mentioned above) they feel like it's the best for themself rather than having a name given by their parents. That way the child will be satisfied by their (not parents) choice of choosing a name.

I see. :o As long as you're happy that is ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 02:45:58 )
@kory: Mmhmm. True. This is why doing research on names is a better way before naming their own children. And yep, what if their adult children don't like the name even if their parents liked it? lol

Yes, normalize children picking their own names or that alternative you mentioned above as well ^^ Haha true, at least no one will be stressed out or disappointed in the end. c:

No problem. ;3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.