Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event I think I ran out of titles

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 03:09:18 )
@kory: 100% agreed. I hate it when parents think they can control their own children or have the audacity to say something like how they don't deserve to have privacy and all. And yes, definately agree with you about children needing to be nurtured and support! There are good parents out there supporting their children, there are bad parents who don't deserve to be called parents and have kids in the first place if they're not willing to nurture/support their own children.

Yep! At least it's better than their parents naming them without choice of their own.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 10:11:15 )
@kory: Oof. The so-called parents having kids to turn them into their slaves then making them do all the work and not even bothering to give them freedom or having fun (ex: good childhood, etc.) like every other children is just really depressing and frustrating, then there are some "parents" think they have the rights to manipulate or indoctrinate their own children and decide to live through their children's lives (A big example would be those.... Blegh!... child "beauty paegants"... Eugh) that they (parents) didn't have as children. And when their children reaches early 20s and starts to feel helpless all because of the way their parents treated them as kids.

I see, at least your mom did learned a lot from her mistakes and trying her best to be a good parent. (sorry if I'm not very good at words) And I agree with you, everyone knows the whole world can be cruel but that's not the case as parents can't just keep sugarcoating them no matter how old their children are (even if you are an adult, you are still a child from the perspective of your parents regardless of age). And yes, teach them how to make smart decisions so they will decide on their own once they reach at the age 20 or early 20s to be specific.

Mmhmm. *nods* #LetChildrenHaveChoices

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 00:39:43 )
@kory: Gaining "confidence" and "public speaking" my a**. I can't believe why would anyone think that in the first place. *smh* And so 100% true, little girls/children in general shouldn't have to worry about their appearance at a very young age, and yeah I agree with you about the "sexy" outfit that has been shoehorned to the children by their parents who are enabling it. Kids don't even know what's the meaning of the word "sexy" or any other adult word nor do they know about the true intention of those "beauty paegants". As for the responsibilities, I definately agree! If they think they are old enough to handle things maturely then it's fine and yes, children this young should be learning as much as they can (ex: education, etc.) and I see, that's understandable. *nods*

Yeah, it definately is. 100% agreed on the whole learning from mistakes, no one is born perfect when they came to the world and everyone does mistakes no matter how old they are as long as they need to learn from them so they don't repeat it again (or more than twice or so). If parents don't allow their children to learn from their mistakes, not only it will hinder them from learning but they will end up repeating the same mistakes a lot in the future. Ohh I see! That sounds like an interesting fact. Animals on the other hand, are strange but fascinating since they're... well animals, so that's really true about the animals' parenting as it's most likely the whole nature/survival thing that surrounds them.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 01:22:14 )
@kory: This. 100% agreed. It's true most children tend to see their parents as their examples and learned their behaviours from them, and school is probably the only place where children can discover and learn on their own. But, the school systeming is flawed on some parts of education and other serious issues such as bullying. Then there are some children (and teenagers as well) skipping school and thought it's cool without knowing the consenquences or even if they know it, some might repeat it again.

True. *nods* It can be a very hard call or choice to make as you said. And yep, animal parents are oddly interesting. :o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 01:55:05 )
@kory: I know right? They don't even bother to teach their students about how bills/paying taxes/money work, financial management or things are that important to life. And yeah, I hate it when they turn to a blind eye when it comes to abuse and bullying and they don't even move an inch to help the victim or dispute the fight or stop bullying. All those anti-bullying/abuse posters don't really work to some unfortunately and I see, I really agree with you about teachers being underpaid and stressed out which is really sad. :c

Ah I see. Considering how territorial most animals are, seperating them is the only way so they don't end up killing each other when they're nearby. ^^;;

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/11 02:38:33 )
@kory: Definately! *nods* Puberty and cooking lessons, those are the things that I completely understand. But what about basic math like plus, minus, multiple and divide? (I'm not a math expert nor am I good at math) And who's using calculus or x/y/z or subjects that has little to no use after high school/college unless it's for a job field that requires it. And for real though, I think schools should teach children/teenagers about paying taxes, bills and stuff that are important in life and... less giving them homeworks and exams. This. I 100% agree with you, encouraging kids to seek help and when to seek help are better solutions to prevent those issues when they grow up than "encouraging" them to keep silent. Yeah, that's what I really thought about anti-bullying stuff in school when I was a kid in primary/elementary school. :I I still lowkey remember how often I would get bullied and no one helped me, it doesn't really help that I'm also really shy and don't really talk much/afraid to speak up since I can't trust anyone.

And I also remembered back in primary/elementary school while I was walking my way to class, there's this kid (that turned to be my former classmate) pulling my shirt for no reason as he ran passby which caused me to fall onto the ground and it hit my chin really badly to the point when it started bleeding and I ended up crying because it hurts so much. Luckily there's someone else helping me out but still, I wished I didn't exist in this world sometimes. Though bullying continued (although not as much as it used to) 'till I was around 15 or 16 in high school, I'm not saying I don't get bullied anymore but I did remembered there's a former classmate of mine did "joke" (it came off as a lowkey minor threat imo) about how she and her friends will beat me up and my reaction is like "Go ahead. If you guys did that, you all will get into trouble anyway", and they didn't do that in the end.

Sorry if I got a bit personal and went off a little tangent. *nervous scratching*

Oh no, that sounds like a horrible nightmare to have! ( 0A0 III ) And yep, my guess is they tend to rely on their own instincts and their ability to survive. :o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 04:09:21 )
@kory: That's alright lol, I don't mind so no worries!

True, whoever invented homework and exams should reconsider (>. < ) Basic math, daily words and phrases (languages) that people tend to use often in real life and all the adulting stuff are necessities. And yep, no one use geometry or something really complex in their life and I think the subjects in school need a change in my opinion.

Thank you (sorry if I don't know what to say) and yeah it does really sucks when no one helps the person who is bullied. Yeah, that is very true about bullies themselves as you said no one truly wants to be a bully for the rest of their lives after high school and the whole not realising the damage they have done until someone points out or called them out. Unless the bully kept denying the things they've done.

Hmmm..... I guess some pets tend to fight for attention of their owner maybe due to jealousy? But I'm not sure why. :o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 11:07:43 )
@kory: Mmhmm. *nods* And yeah I really agree with you about career choices after high school or so. Students/kids/teens are allowed to choose which career are they're interested in or simply graduate from high school and take some time off before preparing to go job hunting. Depending on their own decisions and no one else is interfering them that is.

Yeah, I do think parents like that are to blame for enabling their children and not willing to teach their children some basic manners or decency outside of school. I know it sounds "crazy" but I think there should be some sort of parenting school or planned parenthood for those who are (willingly) planning to become parents if they are finanical ready and fully prepared for having children in my opinion. And okay, I understand. *nods*

Haha definately. It can be a little daunting to focus more than one pet depending on the person. Yep, two or three is fine for most pet owners and did you say 40+ pets? Holy moly! They must be a muggle version of Hagrid or maybe a beast master in their past life. xD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 05:09:02 )
@kory: For sure. *nods in agreement* Letting kids to take time off after graduation from high school and parents not rushing them is a lot more better than forcing or rushing them completely unprepared.

Yes 100% agreed with you! It made me wonder if people think parenting is easy as pie but in reality it's not since it takes a lot of effort and time to become fully responsible parents to ensure they teach their kids so they don't end up taking the wrong path or the path they (kids) hate.On a side note, there are some parents (whether older or younger parents) having more than 2 or 3 kids and thus they have to spend more money on them otherwise they'll end up in poverty or having no other choice but to "give" their kids away because they can't take care of them. I think it has to do with lack of education on sex ed, even then said education is very vague on some points (Women's health in general, etc.) which made some women feel clueless about their own health, especially their reproductive/sexual health.

Ah I see, hmmm I don't watch pet Youtubers though since I tend to watch gameplays, listening to music and watching random funny/wholesome videos on Youtube when I'm bored lol. And oh my, I hope she made notes on her pets in case if one of them.... well gets lost. ^^;

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 07:37:47 )
@kory: *creating #normalize-kids-taking-a-break-after-high-school tag in my mind*

True, parents like that are considered narcisstics for those reason you've mentioned above and same about the "unconditional love" thing as well. Oh no, that's so sad that your cousin ignores them even if they happened to be her kids just because she thinks children are some sort of objects and don't have basic needs. ( q^ q ) And yeah I agree with you on it! Better to "give" a child away to someone who is a better parent than to selfishly keep them and give them a terrible life that no child should deserve.

Ooh I see. :o Ah, to be honest I don't have a favourite Youtuber lmao. And I see, good for her though xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.