Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 16:58:35 )
@blue: What espresso machine did you get? I want one but the good ones seem so pricy...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:01:03 )

@Razz: I just love a good white tea. I subtle-ness is good. It's so light. Also makes a really refreshing iced tea (with no sugar). Do you mostly have hot tea? Do you like to make iced tea? I was making a tropical green iced tea but then I ran out so I stopped. I would make a whole bunch at once and then have it for a few days.
Your avatar looks so cute with it's lemonade stand!

@Another Movie Addict Yes those Admins went power crazy. Nothing says a healthy community like banning people for having an opinion. I remember that happening too.

@koneko I'm that way too. I want to share the things I love with everyone. ^^ What's for lunch?

@blue: Yes Chai is a tea with spices added. It's the word for tea in Indian and it's from India. :) They mix a black tea with lots of spices on the stove. And then most add milk but not always. Sometimes it's lightly sweetened sometimes it's not. In India because it's such a huge place, people tend to have their own recipes that vary slightly. I think I've heard of Jasmine giving some people headaches. It's a flower so maybe that's why? You could try a plain tea. Like a Japanese green tea or a Chinese Oolong tea.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:02:57 )
@Totalanimefan: I typically do it hot, I uhh...have never made iced tea outside of brewing Lipton and putting it in the fridge. I just always wanted it hot. Tropical green iced tea sounds like a DREAM though....

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:03:23 )

@Totalanimefan: The drama over there was just so exhausting, as was trying to get items during their events. I remember staying awake for 10hrs to get one of those finish in 24hr for an exclusive event item. Like Case pointed out to people that it was possible because I did it. But the thing is, I hurt my body doing it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:04:42 )

@Razz: I live in a place that gets hot in the summer and I'm from Florida. Iced tea is a way of life but of course hot tea has it's place too.
It was soo good. I think I got it from T2. I'm going to look it up for you lol
It's good hot but in my opinion even better iced.

@Another Movie Addict That's so messed up. They were always trying to use FOMO to get people to spend more time or money or both on the site. Like events are supposed to be fun!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:05:00 )
    @Razz: I have the De'Longhi Dedica model, which was probably around $250 - $300 when I bought it. It's considered one of the 'mid range' models for espresso machines. Although it seems like an expense at first, I drank enough coffee in college that I probably would have needed a separate loan just for that expense, hahaha.

It's something you have to kind of evaluate on your own. There are cheaper models and other brands that work great, you just have to comb through youtube and see what people are using. For me, I knew that I would either end up walking up the street to a coffee shop and spend $5+ a day on coffee or I would try to restrain myself and keep the expense lower by making it at home.

Oh, iced tea is great! Especially in the summer. I will brew a large pot of mint tea (Bigelow has a tea called "Perfectly Mint") and then pour it into a pitcher when it cools and pop it in the refrigerator. Very refreshing mint tea for a summer cooldown treat.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:05:45 )

Whelp there is a new restaurant opening up in DC and it looks amazing. I don't know if I'm going this weekend, but it seems like a must try!
Eater Article for Cracked Eggery

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:07:19 )
@blue: Even that is a bit pricy for me rn, but maybe i'll save for one or see what I can find. I'm a bit of a cheapskate.
@Totalanimefan: I moved around way too much but most of the places i lived in were mostly hot. I'm settled comfortably in the PNW now but evne when i lived in the South i just...never thought of icing it you know? I'd love to hear how you make it.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:07:49 )

I'm excited for the new south asian grocery store that opened next to where I work. >w< Get my asian noms without having to go entirely out of my way.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:08:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Their events were ridiculously hard.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:09:41 )
    @Totalanimefan: Ohh! It does look pretty good.
    It looks like they ran with the Eggslut success and brought it to the east coast.

@Another Movie Addict: Ah, I'm envious. The grocery stores close to where I live are Jamaican-Italian-centric, which is a cuisine I'm not entirely familiar with. I grew up with a lot of Korean grocery stores so to struggle to find sprouts or tofu is enough to give me frown lines, hahaha.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:12:42 )

@Razz: I found it. I forgot that they call it Rose even though that's only 1% of the drink and you can't even taste it. It's mostly green tea and tropical dried fruit. But it's not too sweet or overwhelming either. Link to T2
I can understand that. Everyone has their own way of having tea. The baseline for making a tea iced is that you double the recipe and then ice it after you are done brewing it for instant iced tea.
You can also do a cold brew method which I really like but is overnight. So make use the same amount of tea you would for hot, which is normally something like 1.5 tsp per 8oz. Get a bit glass jar, and a large mesh infuser. Then put the right amount of tea and cold (filtered) water. Then leave it in the fridge overnight and take out the strainer in the morning.

@Another Movie Addict Awesome you are getting one of those near you! They are great. You should also be able to buy things like Soy Sauce, Mirin, Miso, Rice Vinegar, Fish sauce, etc for cheap!
I agree. They just really ruined everything there and didn't make it fun anymore. It was just stressful.

@blue: Heck yeah. That's exactly what it looks like and I'm here for it lol. They also have bowls. I don't know if you saw the menu at the end of the article. It looks really good, and they have so many flavors of Tots. That looks really interesting to me too.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:14:53 )

@blue: I'm hoping they have a good selection for instant curries. >w>
@Totalanimefan: ^
But also some of the new rpg events were fun. Like killing turkeys for feathers. But by then Solia had pretty much died.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:15:04 )

@Razz: I use this to make cold brew tea.Amazon link here It can make 1.5 litters at a time or 1500ml. So you can have cold brew iced tea all week. Obvs also works for coffee. My husband has used in a few times to make cold brew coffee with it but he likes to have hot coffee.
So I would use this and then the T2 tea I linked, with no sugar added and it was so good! Especially when it was hot outside!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:16:30 )
@Totalanimefan: I will try this, and let you know when i do my own cold brew for the first time. also i know whats going on my amazon wl.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:19:08 )

@Another Movie Addict Oh they will totally have that! Yum!
I consider Solia to be dead. Like even though you can log in pretty much all of the items are gone and your account is new again.

@Razz: Haha it's really great. Do you have a cold brew coffee maker already? It's nice that you can use this for either, but also you could have one for tea and one for coffee. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:20:38 )

@koneko Well damn that sounds good. Let me just come on over for that haha.
I don't know what I should make for lunch today. I will probably just have the left over Mac and Cheese I made yesterday? Yeah probs.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:26:37 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't! I should though, I do lvoe some cold brew.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:26:51 )

Adding veg and not using the whole packet of seasons makes it more healthy. There is still the fact that the noddles are fried. There are some brands that don't dry their noodles first. Normally only in the big asian groceries tho.
Also I am having Mac and Cheese so I'm not one to talk. Although it is the Annie's one.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 17:28:04 )

@Razz: Amazon wl it is! Luckily it's not that expensive, but it's even better when someone else can buy it for you haha. Do you have a Birthday coming up or will you have to wait for Christmas? Christmas isn't really the best season for cold brewed drinks lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.