Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unholy Connection

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 04:13:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Dean could see that her stutter bothered her, but he never called attention to it. He didn't mind it, and didn't want to call attention to it, for fear of making her more frustrated. But something had been bothering him since he'd heard her stutter. Or, more specifically, speak at all.

This way. he told her, as they started to walk.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you go deaf? he asked her.

And just how bad is your hearing? he asked further.

Do you have no hearing entirely?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 04:18:10 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree quickly fell inti step beside him, following him as she was led where they were going.

I was born deaf. She sighed.

It's part of why Mother hates me so much. She continued. And I am almost completely deaf, however, I can hear... Very very very little. She paused a moment.

Why do you ask?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 04:37:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Oh, I noticed that you can speak, and figured that either you weren't completely deaf, or that it was something that happened later to you in life. Dean signed in response, before sighing.

I did not realise that I was both right and wrong at the same time, and that it would lead to more unpleasant discoveries about your family. he admitted.

Much like the scars over your eye. It's never been said, but I can only assume that those were a result of your family. he went on.

Normally when people spoke of her family, or learned of them, she was used to 3 reactions. People were either apathetic, angry, or the worst part, empathised with them. But with Dean, she saw sadness.

Genuine sadness.

He was sad that Desiree had had to go through all this, and sad that her family were such horrible people, and lamented what their future in the afterlife held for them if they kept up as they were.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 04:41:54 )

Desiree just shook her head.

If you can imaging it having been done to a person, I can almost guarantee I've likely gone through it. She told him honestly before pausing.

... Well, aside from drugs. Haven't been down THAT rabbit hole yet. She assured him

And I certainly have no intentions of it, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 05:17:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean nodded in response.

Your strength of will is nothing short of admirable. he responded.

The fact that you've been through so much in your life already, yet here you still stand, is a testament to your strength. In every aspect. he went on, as they reached the room he was using as his bedroom, and stepped inside.

He made his way to a desk and opened a drawer, pulling out a small felt jewelry box and walking back towards her.

Let us go and bless this, before I pass it to you. he told her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 05:22:05 )

I... am really not quite as strong as you think I am. I've done dark things, I've gone down such a path, I just am able to actually move past it. Desiree signed.

And of course. Lead the way She added.

Also, I should ask this. Is there somewhere that my friend can safely mana into? I do believe he will be arriving via water mana.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 05:48:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Being able to move past it is important. Dean responded. It means that you are not shackled to your past. he told her.

He then paused and nodded.

And yes. he continued, in response to her question.

We have a room specifically for incoming individuals. he informed her, before pausing and opening a door, revealing what looked to be a storage area, but had very few boxes in it.

This one. he revealed.

However, you should tell him to announce himself as soon as he gets here, just so there's no confusion about who is here and why. he then suggested, taking his phone out again, unlocking it, and giving it to her so she could tell her friend.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 05:57:53 )

Desiree accepted his phone.

oh right, of course. Desiree said with a nod before accepting his phone.

'Hey, me again. Just... Announce yourself in some way when you arrive. Perhaps a phone call?' she sent as a text before having Dean follow up with the exact location in question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 06:18:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Once Dean had given further clarification, she had sent the information to Leo, and Leo responded that he got it, and would do so when he arrived there. She then handed the phone back to Dean and he pocketed it, as they reached a small pedestal with a bowl on it. Dean grabbed a small glass bottle from a box at the base of it, and then opened the jewelry box he had, revealing a stunning silver rosary, gorgeously crafted down the the smallest detail. The chain itself looked to be silver as well, and constructed to be strong, to boot.

Dean held the rosary over the bowl, opened the small bottle, and then proceeded to drizzle the water over it... and as he did so, Desiree could tell that the item was being infused with a sort of mana.

Dean closed his eyes, and spoke, her barely able to hear it.

"Oh Lord in Heaven... please bless this rosary, a symbol of your faith. Have it protect the wearer from here on on, and may she always be under your watchful and protective eyes." he said.

"Amen."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 06:26:07 )

Desiree didn't even notice he was saying anything. She was too taken by the rosary that he was working with, for she could see more than what it was that he could see. More than he could possibly feel, even.

Nevermind the fact that it looked to have been expensive and such. However, that would likely click later.

She was too taken by the honestly glow she could see around it. The almost angelic glow, at that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 06:57:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean had finished what he had said and looked over towards her, only to see her fascinated by the rosary, and what she saw in it. He chuckled a little, before she 'came to' and looked at him.

"Here." he said handing it to her. He then waited until she accepted it, before signing again.

Very nice, isn't it? he asked.

May it protect you for when you strike out into the world next. he told her.

And may the Lord ever have their watchful eye on you.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 07:03:33 )

Desiree accepted the rosary, before looking to Dean.

"Th... Th... Thank you." she said after a couple of seconds, gratitude in her voice and face.

She could feel a warmth, a comfort, from it as she held it close.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 07:25:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean could see she felt a LOT better while holding it, and he was happy with what he saw.

"You're very welcome." he said to her.

Keep it close, always. he then signed, handing her the box.

And you can have that to keep it in as well, should you require it. he went on.

But that should provide some light, even in the darkest times. he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 07:28:35 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before biting her bottom lip.

This... Doesn't look cheap, not like the common rosary one can find. Are you sure about this? It looks lie it could be something akin to a relic of some sort? She asked, the rosary wrapped around her right hand and wrist in a very natural way.

She almost seemed hesitant about it, about accepting it proper.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 07:48:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

A relic? Perhaps. Dean signed back.

If it IS, it's far from an ancient one. he told her.

But do not feel hesitant of accepting it. It is for you, it is yours now. he assured her.

Take good care of it, and it will take care of you. he promised her further.

Also, if it is a relic, it's not a unique one. Or, rather, that one may be. I have other rosaries with slightly different designs on them, but they are all of the same quality. he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 07:53:15 )

Desiree was silent before sighing.

You're too good to me. She signed.

And... Thank you. Immensely. She added after a couple more seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 08:05:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

I treat others as I would like to be treated. Dean signed back.

And you're very welcome. he added.

A few more hours had passed, and just as Desiree had finished sweeping up the carpet near the front doors, Dean approached her, tapping her on her shoulder. He didn't sign anything until she looked at him.

I received a call from your friend saying he's arrived. he told her.

He's waiting for you to come and get him, as he says he doesn't want to get lost. he informed her with a chuckle.

Shall I go get him, or will you? he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 08:08:01 )

Desiree looked to the floor, taking stock.

Would you be so kind? I want to get that doorway done while I have it on my mind. She told him honestly

[b]"Please and thank you.[/i] She added, a soft smile to her face.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 08:28:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Very well. he responded, before heading off.

He hadn't been gone for longer than 3 minutes, when he returned with a young man she was quite familiar with. Her friend, Leo. She looked over and saw them, with Leo looking at her and waving with a smile.

And here he is. Dean said.

Is there anything else you need right now? he then asked Desiree.

If not, I have some books to balance in regards to some finances for the church. he informed her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 11:48:23 )

Desiree looked over and saw the one she was looking for. She just waved before they were close enough, at Leo.

Hey there, cutie. She greeted him as she usually did before looking to Dean.

Go do what you need to. I'll find you if I need you for whatever reason. She signed.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.