Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unholy Connection

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 22:17:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"...." Dean was stunned to hear such a thing. So much so, he set the clothing down, and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. She winced and recoiled out of instinct, but when she looked at him, she saw nothing but concern.

Concern for her well-being and safety. For HER.

Such an answer is truly heart breaking. he signed.

Is there anything you wish to get off your chest? he asked her.

I promise you that you are safe here, and no matter what, this is a judgement-free zone. he then assured her further. If you feel you need to hide anything, I promise you there's no reason to hide it here. he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 22:26:32 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree couldn't help but laugh internally at his assurance that she didn't need to hide anything. She already knew that she was a problem, and knew that it was something that wouldn't change any time soon. If at all.

What she could do was unnatural, as had been beaten into her skull for the first few years of her life. She had no idea how he would takethis, but she just sighed, that breath heavy, before just flicking her wrist away from her. As she did so, a small mini twister formed, but there wasn't much more damaging than a decent breeze.

She let it hang there for a few seconds before canceling it out, ready for him to lash out at her as her family had.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 22:47:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean looked surprised for a moment... before he had a proper reaction. And it was one of a wider smile, and a look of almost being... impressed?

"Oh!" he exclaimed, before shaking his head.

The ability to conjure wind. Such a rare gift. he signed to her.

And it seems like you've managed to teach yourself quite nice control of it. Or had a good teacher. I do not know of the details of your past. he continued.

But if that is what you think you need to hide, then I assure you that there is no need for that here. he promised her.

Feeling ashamed of such a thing is not something you should feel, and whomever taught you that is in the wrong. he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 22:59:53 )

Deisree was silent before sighing, again, and signing something.

..... My very genetics tell me that it's wrong, that I can't exist, that I shouldn't exist. She told him honestly.

Every day is a task, a challenge. I'm at war with myself, and I mean that in the most literal way. She added, knowing full well that she wasn't giving all the information.

So... while I hide what I CAN do, I also hide what I am.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 23:29:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean looked understandably confused by that.

What do you mean? he asked her.

You say your very genetics are at odds with each other, what does that mean, exactly? he asked further.

He was unsure as to what she was referring to, but something inside him had a feeling. He wasn't going to say anything as of yet, as he didn't want to presume, but he had... some suspicious.

But he wasn't going to bring it up. Not yet, anyway.

He wanted to see if she would volunteer the information first.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 23:39:18 )

Desiree hesitated before just looking away for a moment. She didn't know what it was that she could say exactly, and she knew that she had to - he had a right to know, considering how she could see how he wasn't completely human himself - before hooking the hair she kept in front of her face behind her ear. She paused, hesitating, before looking back to him, showing him what she hid.

Her right eye was notably lighter than her eft, almost a white.

Because my bio-dad she started, having picked the term up over the years, is a hunter.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 00:09:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean paused as he saw the eye, almost caught in it, like a deer in headlights, before he shook his head lightly.

I see. he signed.

So you were born with the ability to manipulate mana, and with the genes of a hunter. Very potent ones as well, considering the trait you have inherited. he continued, sighing quietly.

I can only fathom the internal conflict you must feel. he lamented.

But know this. You will not be judged here because of your mana, nor your hunter genes. he assured her.

And you know there is more to myself than meets the eye because your eye as well. he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 00:16:30 )

Desiree nodded, the hair she'd hooked loosely behind her ear falling back to where it naturally wanted to sit, hiding her eye.

"I do." She confirmed.

It's why my family is after me. Because of what I can do. She continued, signing now though. She wasn't sure why she was opening up to him so much, but certainly wasn't going to complain. Maybe it was because she knew he wasn't entirely average, maybe it was because he was a man of the cloth, she didn't know.

what she did know, was that it was quite a relief to have someone to talk to - as best she could, of course - for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 00:36:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean merely nodded in response.

I'm sure there's a storied history to that, but I shan't pry, if you don't wish to go into detail. he responded. If you wish to share more details, I will happily listen to you. he then told her.

But it matters little what you are, or what you can do, you are safe and welcome here. he then assured her further.

I live in this building temporarily, as my current house is undergoing renovations, and I am unsure as to when it will be done. Not for another few months, at least. he informed her. But there is always room for someone else. he continued.

So you are free to live her for as long as you wish. he finished, before going back to her clothing, and continuing to repair it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 01:03:38 )

Thank you. it was simple, it was succinct, and he could tell that there was genuine sincerity to her movements, her meaning. She did hesitate for a moment though.

I... she paused a moment before thinking about how to'word' what it was that she was going to say next. I actually don't have anywhere to go. I'm new to the city. She added.

So any help is greatly appreciated.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 01:26:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean looked over towards her, and just smiled again, with a nod. He didn't sign anything to her, but his look said it all.

It was a look that said she was very welcome, and that he would do all he could to help her.

The main reason why he didn't sign was because he was in the middle of some delicate stitching, and he took a minute or two to finish it, before he signed her again.

I'll have a room made up specifically for you. he told her.

We have bunks here for people that need to stay overnight and such, much like a homeless shelter, but no permanent accommodations. And the washing facilities here are often just used for emergencies, or for situations like my own, where I need to live here. he informed her.

However, I am the Father here, and what I say, goes. And I say you are welcome to live here for as long as you need to. he then continued.

Also, these should be done in 10 minutes or so. he added, before returning to the sewing.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 01:45:04 )

Desiree nodded before sighing. At least she had a roof over her head, and that was something she was absolutely thrilled about.

---

A few days later, Desiree was still at the church, and was helping out wherever it was that she was needed. It was mostly cleaning, but she didn't complain. It wasn't in her nature to complain about things, as she was just appreciative of having somewhere to call something akin to a home for the moment. She sighed as she checked her phone. It had been in a bag of rice, and she was hoping beyond everything that it'd dried out, and was still alive. Sadly, when she tried to power it on, there was no life to be found.

So she plugged it into the wall charger that Dean had said she was free to use, hoping it was just a case of low battery.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 02:16:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Just as she plugged it into the wall, she saw Dean heading towards her, looking like he wanted to speak with her. She went from where she was and made her way over, and he smiled at her.

I have a question. he signed.

While I was repairing your clothing, I noticed a broken piece of jewelry in one of the pockets. he told her.

Or, rather, before I ran your clothing through the washer and dryer, I checked for loose items so they wouldn't get destroyed, and noticed a broken piece of jewelry he then corrected himself.

It looked like it had been a rosary? he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 02:17:41 )

Desiree just sighed, before nodding.

It was. She told him.

Was broken about a year ago, carried the pieces with me as, well, I felt it offered me some protection from the ones who seek to hurt me She added.

You didn't toss it, did you?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 02:45:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean shook his head.

I did not. he sighed, before withdrawing a small satin pouch from his pocket and handing it to her. When she took it, she could feel the loose pieces in it.

Sadly, I an not well-versed in repairing jewelry. he lamented.

But, may I offer you a new one? he asked her.

I would be more than willing to give you another to wear. he offered.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 02:47:35 )

Desiree didn't say anything for a few second sbefore sighing.

... likely wouldn't be best for me to continue to carry the pieces around, I can admit. she signed.

Oh, do you have a mobile? And is there any chance I could use it to text a friend? I think mine might be dead. She added, motioning to where she had her phone plugged in, but nothing on the screen.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 03:16:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean looked at the blank screen on her phone, before nodding.

Firstly, there is nothing wrong with carrying a broken rosary with you if it has sentimental meaning. he told her. But if you wish for another one, one that is whole, I can definitely provide for you. he informed her further.

Secondly, of course. he continued.

He then dug into his pocket and pulled out his own phone, unlocking it with his fingerprint and handing it to her.

As he did so, he smiled again, showing he trusted her completely.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 03:19:00 )

Thank you Desiree signed before accepting his phone. She didn't go anywhere with it, aside from over to where she could take a seat, and paused to remember the phone number. After a few seconds she navigated to the texting app and sent a quick text.

'Hey Leo. It's Desiree, my phone is probably dead - water damage.' she started.

'Yes it was my family. Yes I'm all right.' she continued, making sure to tell him where she was, 'If you would be so kind as to bring my gear here once you finish fixing them I'd be supremely appreciative.'

Once she finished, she sent it, and handed the phone back to Dean.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 03:54:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean accepted the phone and was about to put it away, when it chimed. He looked at it, before showing her the screen.

Will do. I'll be there in a few hours, most likely. Almost finished with the work. the text read.

When she nodded to show she understood, Dean put away the phone.

Anyway, would you like another rosary? he asked her.

And would you like it blessed as well? he then inquired further.

Faith can be the ultimate shield at times, and having a blessed rosary can truly be formidable in some dire circumstances. he reasoned.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/26 03:59:54 )

Desiree was silent before smiling softly.

"P-p-p----please." She said after a moment, having to take a couple of seconds, and tries, to get it out. Her stutter really did bother her, but it wasn't anything too surprising.

It would really help, as I do not like how mine has been broken. She told him.

And having it blessed would be lovely.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.