Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unholy Connection

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 04:48:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

That's a very pretty name. he responded, before the two of them slowly made their way through the church, and into a decent-sized room that looked to be a combination kitchen and dining area.

She looked at the table and saw that, indeed, there was a meatloaf in the middle of the table, a bowl of mashed potatoes, and another bowl of mixed vegetables, mostly peas and carrots.

Come and have a seat. he offered.

What would you like to drink? he asked.

There is not much for variety... there's milk, water, and cranberry juice here. he then admitted.

I have yet to do the grocery shopping this week. he admitted, as a sheepish look adored his face.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 04:52:59 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree looked at the spread, obviously a bit surprised. She hadn't seen that much food on one place like that, ever. It wasn't hard to guess that she was impressed. When Dean told her what he did at the end, she just shook her head.

It's ok. Really. She told him honestly.

I'm good with water. She added, since he did ask. She didn't want to use too many of the resources there, especially since he'd said that he hadn't a chance to restock.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 05:14:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean nodded and led her to the table, and got her a tall glass of ice water as she took a seat. He returned with it and handed it to her, before putting a couple of slices of the meatloaf on a plate, a mound of mashed potatoes and a large scoop of the vegetables. He handed the plate to her, alongside some butter and gravy.

Here you are. he told her.

Take as much or at little as you desire. he informed her further, before sitting down across from her at the relatively small table.

He then looked upwards for a moment, shaking his head.

Such dreadful weather. he sighed. Storm doesn't seem to be letting up at all. he added, indicating he'd heard some thunder.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 05:25:58 )

Desiree allowed herself to be led to the table, and accepted the food. When Dean had signed what he did, she sighed lightly.

I rather like storms. She told him.

Easier to avoid being heard.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 05:47:55 )
Forgive, O Lord,

I see. Dean signed in response.

I admit, I am curious as to your reasonings, and I am willing to wager it has to do with the state you were in when you showed up, but such topics are not proper dinner conversation. he told her.

Eat first, and we shall chat later. he finished.

She then saw him lean down and place his hands together, as his lips moved. It wasn't hard for her to guess that he was saying grace. Which made since, he was a Father, after all.

But for now, she couldn't ignore how good the food smelled. It seemed he was a man that knew how to cook, and cook well.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 05:54:50 )

Desiree, of course, didn't say anything fo a moment before smiling softly. She knew that it smelled amazing, but she wasn't going to interrupt or insult him by ignoring what he was doing. Plus, she tended to, as well, since she'd encountered someone, another father, a few years back while she was hiding, and he'd introduced her to the world of religion.

She followed suit, letting him say his piece, and not interrupting since she realised the importance of it. She appreciated that he was, as she knew she certainly couldn't, at least not well.

After he had finished, and took the first bite, Desiree followed suit. She didn't say anything, however that wasn't surprising, at all. However, she would respond to anything he might ask, and she knew there would likely be questions coming, but didn't know what.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 06:15:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

If she expected questions during the meal, she would be surprised to learn that not many came up. Most just pertained to the meal itself, asking if it was all right and such, to which she assured him it was. There was a little bit of small talk, but overall, the meal was eaten with minimal conversation. When he noticed she was finished, he offered her seconds. She was reluctant at first, but after he assured it it was fine, there was plenty, she accepted, and he dished out more of everything for her. He then paused for a moment, thinking about something.

I will be right back. he told her.

I need to see if I have something. he said further.

Will you be all right for about 5 minutes? he asked her.

When she nodded, he nodded in response and left, leaving her alone in the room with her second plate of food.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 06:20:04 )

Desiree wasn't sure if she could eat all that he'd dished out, but guess probably half, at the very least. However, as he walked off, she felt her nerves twitch a little.

... Is he working with Deryck..? She couldn't help but wonder. Was he actually a Father?

No... he had to be, right? There... she couldn't let her fear of everyone working ith her family get the better of her. She knew that there were good people out there, people who wouldn't hurt her, but ... with what she'd grown up with, what she was living through at the moment with her family... she couldn't help but wonder.

Nothing she tried would shut those thoughts up for the moment, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 06:41:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Just as she finished half of her plate, and her thoughts continued to race, Dean returned with what looked like a large shirt, a pair of flannel sleep pants, and a pair of rubber flip flops in his arms. He set them down on one of the chairs, and looked at her.

Your clothes are soaking wet, stained, and torn. he signed.

There is a washer and dryer here, so if you like, you can change into these and I can clean your clothing for you. he offered. There wasn't much in the donation bin right now, sadly, but these should fit. If anything, the shirt may swim on you. he added with a small laugh.

But if you like, there are beds here as well for those in need. I would hate to think of sending you back out into that storm, and it looks like it will last for the rest of the night. So you can sleep here if you wish. he offered her further.

Of course, if you would rather leave, I shan't stop you, but with such frightful weather out there, I hesitate to think what would happen to you, considering your injuries as well. he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 06:45:08 )

Desiree looked almost warily at the clothing before looking to Dea, almost as if she was weighing the possibility that he'd be planning something. Every minute that ticked by though, it helped.

Her family was not known to play the long game, they went in once they had a chance. Or more specifically, her brother did, but even her mother wasn't one to wait.

... Thank you. She signed, some hesitance to her movements.

I hate to be a bother like this. I'm sorry.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 07:06:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean shook his head.

It is no bother at all. he assured her.

All are welcome in the house of the Lord. he went on.

There is plenty of room here, and it's no imposition at all. he went on. We also have showering and bathroom facilities here as well, but if you don't feel comfortable showering here, I understand. he continued.

You can use the bathrooms here to change. he told her.

And I'll tend to your clothing.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 07:12:45 )

Desiree nodded.

"Th... thank y-you." he said, gratitude in her voice.

Could you point me in the right direction? She then asked in sign. She could guess, but she didn't want to risk getting lost or somewhere else that she wasn't supposed to be in that building.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 07:32:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Of course. Dean signed in response.

He then gave her comprehensive directions to where the bathrooms were, pointing out one was just a toilet and sink, while the other had the bath and shower in it as well.

The shower one is on the left. he added.

If you wish to take a shower, feel free to leave your wet clothing outside by the door. I'll come get it and run it through our washer and dryer. he informed her further, pausing again.

Oh, and those have been run through both as well, if you were concerned about that. he assured her at the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 07:39:39 )

Desiree nodded, confirmed the directions, said a grateful thank you, before grabbing the clothes and heading off, fully intending to shower. It really had been too long since she'd last been able to bathe, and she realised that she'd need it. Walking from Stratford had taking awhile, and certainly wasn't ideal.

However, she was happy to be in a new city, even if she wasn't sure how long she'd be there. They'd found her already, after all.

Desiree made her way to the bathroom, made her way in and closed the door. She stripped out if what she had on, did as she was told and left it in the hall, before getting a shower going and climbing in.

She couldn't deny the pain at the water hitting everything, but there was a part of it that could be taking as a 'good' pain. As if it was being cleaned, and she knew that'd be good.

However, she may have been silent, but it still hurt like a bitch.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 08:00:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean, meanwhile, had put away the leftovers, put the dishes in the sink, made his way to where her clothes were, gathered them, took them down to the machines, and threw them into the washer, alongside some detergent.

He was silent as he turned it on, watching it start up, before pressing his hands together.

"Please help me give this girl some real comfort." he said quietly.

"It seems she has been through so much already. Please allow me to make a real difference in her life." he prayed further, before sighing.

He would wash her clothes and dry them, and then repair the tears he had noticed. It was all he COULD do right now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 08:12:23 )

Desiree spent a while in the water, longer than was likely expected, before she finally managed to convince herself to leave. Granted, that was largely because the water got too cold for her to stay in there.

She climbed out, dried herself off and got dressed into what he'd handed her before, carefully, before leaving the room. She had no idea where it was that hecould be, but she was finding herself to be not super worried about it anymore. Surely if he was working with those that wished her harm, he'd have done something, right? Perhaps poisoned the food? Cornered her in the bathroom?

That thought was banished as soon as she thought it though. If hew as working with those that didn't like her, then surely they would have told him what she could do. Cornering her somewhere like this wouldn't be a good idea, right?

But at the same time, she didn't even know if she could do anything, for that matter. She was on holy grounds, after all. Sure, the man she'd met before, that had helped her out much as Dean was, had assured her it wouldn't be a problem, but she hadn't ever tested it.

And she didn't know if she was brave enough to, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 08:35:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She made her way back where the kitchen area was, but she saw he wasn't there. After wandering about a while longer, she found him in the larger area with the pews, seeing him sitting in one of the front ones, doing... something.

When she approached, she saw that he was sewing the rips and tears in her clothing, now washed and dried.

He looked over towards her, and smiled when he saw her.

You look MUCH better now. he signed to her after setting the sewing supplies down.

I'll bet it feels good as well. he then added.

Take a seat if you wish. he offered, gesturing to the rest of the pew he was sitting in.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 08:40:00 )

Desiree didn't say anything, hesitating for a moment before taking the proffered seat.

Are they actually salvagable? She asked as she looked to what he'd been doing. She had barely even noticed how torn and cut they had gotten to be in the scuffle, so had no idea what kinda of savability they had.

It would suck if they weren't something that could be saved, but she did have some money to get some new clothing in the event she needed to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 21:44:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Dean nodded in response.

Yes. he signed. For now, anyway. he continued. There were a lot of tears and rips, but none seemed to be too bad. It'll just take a bit of time to sew everything back up. he continued.

There were a few blood stains, and while I managed to use some stain remover to mute them and get rid of most, there are a few places that I don't think will ever be really clean again. he then added.

But these are definitely salvageable. he assured her.

What happened to cause you such injuries? he then inquired, before going back to repairing her clothing.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 21:51:51 )

Desiree was silent for a moment, looking away. She didn't like how the truth was that it was her own family, but she knew she couldn't hide from it. That would not go well, at all.

"... Family." Was all she said after a moment or two, some hesitation to her voice. She knew it wasn't enough information, it didn't say anything, but she wasn't going to give more information if he didn't want it. She knew that she wouldn't want to hear about how someone's family was forsaking them in such a way.

Who would want to hear that?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.