Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat got my first covid shot

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 04:30:58 )

So far, so good. Not we wait a month for the second dose, then I think it's supposed to be another 2 weeks after that before you're considered "fully vaccinated". Glad I'm finally getting it out of the way, but dang now my arm hurts.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 05:03:19 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Count Trashula:

I recommend headache medicine as soon as you wake up tomorrow! I got mine back in April/May and it gave me a gnarly headache.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 14:28:57 )
@count trashula:
Congrats on the first shot.
When I got both shots, my arm was super sore for a few days and I had a really bad headache and body aches. The second shot I also had a fever of 101 for a few days.
I'd recommend having some pain meds on hand, drink lots of water, and rest.
^^
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 15:44:26 )

aye, I've been a little sore and fatigued but luckily no headaches. My friend got hers same day and didn't fare as well (headaches, fever, etc). I have heard the second one is more likely to cause issues than the first. I guess we'll see how that one goes...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 16:17:27 )

@Count Trashula: Congrats! I'm really happy for you. And yes it is 2 weeks after your 2nd shot you are considered fully vaccinated. ^^
My first shot I only had arm soreness, but it was a lot and lasted a while. I think it's best I was so tense when getting the shot. I don't think it was actually from the shot.
I've heard the 2nd shot is different for everyone. I know someone that was so worried about 2nd shot side effects and then she was totally fine and had nothing! (Lucky!)

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 21:43:55 )

@Totalanimefan: dang, I hope I can get that lucky the second time around. ;v; I wish they didn't have to be so far apart; I'm ready to have this stuff over with. p sure we're the only people in town who still wear masks...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 21:50:56 )

@Count Trashula: Yeah I feel you! Do you know when your next appt is? Some places make it for you when you get your first shot.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 23:22:23 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah, they gave us a date and said we could show up any time on that day. which I'm glad they did it that way, cause I'm both very forgetful and prone to running late lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/13 23:36:04 )

@Count Trashula: Save it in your phone's calendar. That's what I always do to remember.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/14 02:32:44 )

Ayyeee

My arm felt sore after my 1st shot and I felt a level of fatigue I've never felt before in my life. The fatigue lasted about 4 days.

After my 2nd shot I woke up feeling hot for a sec, but went back to sleep. I didn't have a headache or a fever or anything.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/14 02:40:05 )

Was hoping I'd be over the fatigue and whatnot after yesterday, but I feel the same today. So much for doing my yardwork...

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.