Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat this heatwave sucks

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/27 17:19:22 )
it's impossible to sleep

my mom had her window open and there were like 10 disgusting giant ant-looking things with wings crawling around. NOT OK.

all we have is a portable AC for the living room, so it doesn't reach our bedrooms.

idk how the fuck people without any cooling are gonna survive. this fucking sucks.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/27 22:05:37 )
Yuck, I hate that sticky heat! I remember one time my parents' AC stopped working in the middle of summer, and it was torture, even with fans going in every room. Just pushed around more hot air than anything.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/27 22:24:03 )
It is soooo hot.
I have air conditioning but it's only reaching the upstairs and it's making me mad lol.
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/27 23:32:15 )

Yes I heard it's supposed to get really hot in your region. I know someone with a farm in Oregon and I don't know how she is going to keep her animals ok in this heat!
Maybe you should try sleeping on the couch where there is AC? Even though the couch isn't as comfy if it's too hot I know I can't sleep.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 00:37:18 )

Sounds like termites maybe; I think this is the time of year they tend to 'swarm.'

And yeah, I'm with Total, maybe it's worth sleeping on the couch?

Please ping me!

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 18:24:18 )
just gotta get through today and tonight.... ugh

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 19:43:53 )

@Shark: You can do this! Take all of the cold showers you need! (And keep up with drinking cold water).
Did you sleep in your bedroom or on the couch last night?

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 20:12:13 )
my room with the door open

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 20:30:00 )

@Shark: Maybe if you had a fan in the hallway to bring that AC living room air into your bedroom it would feel better in there when you are sleeping?
What's the temp out right now near you?

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 20:31:40 )
yeah we got lots of fans. they don't help much.

it's 99 right now

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 21:40:26 )

@Shark: I've been in 99 with no AC before and it's hell. Be strong. I know that you can get through this! Even though it freaking sucks!

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 22:00:40 )
yeah it's just not livable.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 22:05:29 )

It's not. It's one of the reasons I moved out of CA. Climate change is making the west unlivable at times.
How many cold showers are you up to just to cool off? lol That's like the only thing that works. You don't even use any product, it's just to get cooled off.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:05:20 )
like what are the homeless supposed to do? yknow?

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:09:24 )

Yeah that's the first thing my husband said too. It's horrible. I hope that they can go to a library or a cooling center. No one can live outside in that heat. We had cooling centers open in DC too because it was 95 today. Which is still way better than the temps near you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 17:30:42 )

I really hate the heat. I hate hot weather in general, but this heatwave is too much.

A few people have dropped some good suggestions so far. When I was a kid, during the summer I'd sleep with a wet pair of socks on to keep myself cool. (I'd let my feet hang off the bed so my mattress didn't get wet). Maybe you could try that if you think you can get past the weird feeling of laying in wet socks? :o

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.