Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What's your favorite season?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 01:14:26 )
Winter and autumn/fall are my favourite seasons, despite not having seen them in person (only in pictures and videos). I adore the former since childhood, the snow is really pretty while I also enjoy how the leaves changed colours in autumn/fall.

Rain (not too heavy) and windy (again, not too strong lol) weather are my favourite as well. (Do they count as seasons since they're considered as weathers lol)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 01:48:08 )
@totalanimefan:
I'm in New York.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 03:36:36 )

@Totalanimefan: Ooh that sounds like a really nice bike ride! I live in Florida currently, so we don't... really have fall, lol. Not a pretty one anyway. And yeah I'm not a big fan of when the trees are totally bare either.

Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 05:13:50 )

@ArsenicAttitude: oh cool. Not too far from me. I’m in DC
@CooperationIsKey: oh yeah. You had said that before. I grew up there so I totally understand. Maybe you could bike a little bit in the ‘winter’

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 10:52:07 )
@Totalanimefan: I also love iced chai lattes!! I also got really excited 'cause I learned that Starbucks can do an iced chai frappe!! Which is awesome because I can't have the coffee frappes.

I'm really excited because we're starting to prep for reopening the college campus I work at for September, and the Starbucks on campus is gonna reopen on July 5th or so! Which means I can have Starbucks again for the first time since the Pandemic started!!!!
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 14:45:16 )

@Alchemists Fire: that’s pretty cool. I don’t drink coffee so I always do a tea based drink.
Wow that’s a long time no to have Starbucks. I don’t have it that often but I definitely had it during the pandemic lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/25 21:47:11 )
@totalanimefan:
Oh nice. I've been to DC a few times when I was younger. My aunt used to live up there for college.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/26 00:18:28 )

@ArsenicAttitude: I just moved here last year and I like it. It’s very pretty here and there are lots of jobs. Have you always lived in NY?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/26 02:45:16 )
@totalanimefan:
Yeah, I have.
I'm in Western New York which is completely different from New York City lol.
I'm like 8 hrs away from there.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/26 05:02:19 )

@ArsenicAttitude: yeah I know that NY state and NYC are different lol. I’ve been to NYC lots.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/26 05:09:56 )
@totalanimefan:
Oh okay cool! Sorry about that lol.
Usually I have to people that I'm not in the city is all.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/26 05:59:32 )

@ArsenicAttitude: I completely understand. When I said I studied in England people just assumed it was London and I was like there is a whole country there. Not just one city. Don’t assume lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/27 22:04:09 )
@totalanimefan:
Right, I usually never assume when going to a new place.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/27 23:29:29 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Yeah that's totally me too. I hope that you are able to keep cool this week. It's suppose to get hot in most of the US. (I think included NY). In DC it's going to be in the 90's everyday!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 04:32:32 )
@totalanimefan:
Omg this heat has been unbearable.
I've basically been downstairs the past few days because the air doesn't go up to the 2nd floor of the house.
It's been really annoying lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 16:19:42 )

@ArsenicAttitude: It's been super hot. I've had my AC on 24/7. My house is also two stories. Downstairs we have bad foundation to our house so it lets the winds/air from outside under the house. It makes it freezing in the winter (even with the heat on) and warm on your feet in the summer. Not good. We got a guy to fix it back in April but they are so busy they can't do it until August.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 19:38:53 )
@totalanimefan:
Oh that sucks.
We need new windows for the house. We have the original windows which is like 100+ years old lol.
Replacing windows is expensive but we need to get some done by winter though.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 00:24:17 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Yeah it does and it was a really expensive repair.
If you want to get them done by then, maybe reach out and get quotes in the next 30-60 days. A lot of places are really busy because of the pandemic and backed up. We are getting new windows too but they won't be here until Oct.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 00:33:15 )
@totalanimefan:
I think I will do that cause my electric bill is so high because of these windows omg.
We had a guy come and do something for our roof because the attic was not getting any air whatsoever in there.
I think for all the windows it was gonna come out to be like $6k with him. I obviously don't want crappy windows but I also feel like I can get someone to do it for cheaper XD.
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 00:48:30 )

@ArsenicAttitude: I don't know how many windows you are getting done but that sounds cheap? I'm getting 10 new windows and it was like $850 a window or something like that.
My electric bill was super high in the winter because of my crappy windows but mostly because of the missing foundation like I had said before.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.