Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Have you been vaccinated?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 16:22:42 )
I've had my first shot. I get the second one at the end of this month. From what I hear the second shot wrecked people. I'm nervous.

Questions:
How did you do after the first and second shots?

What were your symptoms and how bad were they?

Would you do it again or did you regret everything?

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 17:01:45 )

How did you do after the first and second shots?
What were your symptoms and how bad were they?

I already answered these questions in the other thread about this topic, so I'll just link those posts:
First shot
Second shot

Would you do it again or did you regret everything?
My symptoms weren't really that bad, so they wouldn't deter me from doing it again. I don't see any reason to regret it.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 17:28:33 )

I'm fully vaccinated, as of 2 weeks ago. After the first shot I felt like I had the flu for about a week, after the second shot I felt absolutely fine, didn't even get a sore arm. I had the Astra Zenneca vaccine, if that makes any difference. I would 100% do it again!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 17:32:12 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I've been fully vaccinated since mid May and I have zero regrets. I had zero issues with the first shot besides the sore arm, and the second shot gave me a bad headache the next day but that was it. Mind you, I have a huge fear of needles so getting it done was terrifying, but I know its important to not just myself but everyone else to have as many vaccinated people as possible.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 17:46:21 )
@sunny: I'm told we don't have Astra Zenneca in my country. We have Pfizer and Moderna. We did have Johnson & Johnson but the FDA just ordered the company to immediately dispose of 80 million shots. I haven't heard much of anything about other vaccines like Atra Zenneca.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 17:53:28 )

@Vampiretaco: yeah it's actually linked to quite serious (but rare) side effects, but I already had the first dose before they knew that so I still had the second. I would have preferred the Pfizer tbh.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 20:34:10 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I haven't but we're setting up my first dose on Monday.
As we are unsure if it'll be a walk in or if we need an appointment.

but i am so nervous. Not for the shot itself but getting lost.
//not good at directions

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 21:26:11 )

I hat my first shot today and it was Pfizer. I got an upset stomach earlier but that was it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 21:28:12 )
@MoodyB:
If it makes you feel better, you can't be worse than my mother at following directions. We once went on vacation at a lakehouse. The drive was supposed to take 2 hours. We had been there before many times. But this was the first time my mother drove us there herself. And now I understand why my other family was insistent on me telling our location every 15 minutes.

I kid you not my mother got us lost because of her bad directional skills for 11 hours. We stopped for directions 3 times, attempted to rondevu with the rest family 4, stopped at the same Taco Bell 2 times, 6 gas stations and after that we had the cops track us down.

Never again

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/11 22:05:18 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vampiretaco: idk. i don't drive. and i dont trust myself to drive.
but got lost at my own graduation. it was only in ONE room.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 06:02:00 )

Not yet, but at least I have a date finally.
Kinda nervous, tbh. I'm getting Pfizer, since I can't have JJ due to previous blood clot.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 07:27:18 )

How did you do after the first and second shots? Just fine!

What were your symptoms and how bad were they? Honestly, nothing noticeable save for a sore arm.

Would you do it again or did you regret everything? Even if I had gotten sick, I'd do it again. I'd say it's way better than the full-blown illness and it's possibly permanent repercussions.

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 09:08:32 )

I'm fully vaccinated as of yesterday! Woot! I'm in the U.S. military, stationed in Germany, and we are not allowed to travel unless we are vaccinated. Now that I am fully vaccinated, hot girl summer can officially begin! Palma de Mallorca here I come!
I got the Moderna vaccine For my first shot, my arm was sore for ~2 days. For my second shot, I got it in the morning and was fine all day. I drank lots and lots and lots of water and also gatorade, and went to bed early at ~6pm just in case. Around 3am (I couldn't sleep anymore), I woke up with a slight fever (100) and chills. One of my friends had symptoms the day of instead of during the night/morning after, and one of my other friends had no symptoms at all. We all got our first and second doses at the same time and from the same place, so it really just varies.
I have an abnormally weak immune system, short of having an immunodeficiency disorder, so I was fully expecting to have terrible symptoms and be sick for a week. Every single year, I get the flu three times during flu season. Once the first day it rains, once the first time I get off of a plane from travelling (I'm always travelling), and once when I get my mandatory flu shot.

Voltie — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 12:14:21 )
i've only gotten the first shot and am waiting to be scheduled for the second. i got a sore upper arm with some muscle twitching almost immediately and it was hard to raise my arm above my shoulder for maybe two days? i didn't have any other symptoms though i found it kind of odd/amusing that despite the mild physical discomfort, i was in a really good mood (and thought it was a mania episode since i wasn't sure where it'd come from). i would definitely go ahead and get the second shot over with, even though i've heard a lot about how people tend to have more noticeable side effects from it and i already have preexisting chronic fatigue issues, and most of the people i have seen talk about side effects are also chronically ill so it seems like such a random grab bag on how long or how severely those symptoms will put them out after they get it. while i am worried about how it will affect me, i'm still gonna go through with getting the second shot for the sake of safety and prevention. otherwise in general i tend to feel avoidant of shots since i have a phobia of needles so it was honestly a pleasant surprise that i barely felt the needle and the injection was done quickly enough.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 13:20:25 )

I'm fully vaxxed! My 1st moderna left me sore and achey almost immediately. I was was kinda just headachey after the 2nd one until the 24hr mark and then it was like full blown flu symptoms (fever, body aches, nauseous, etc.) the next 24hrs. Would absolutely do again though.

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/13 18:56:50 )

I will be considered fully vaxxed on Wednesday because it will be two weeks since my 2nd shot!
It was very hard for me because I have a strong phobia and I was working with a therapist on being able to get needle in my arm before the pandemic. I didn’t get to finish my therapy but luckily on my 2nd try at getting my 1st shot there was a nurse who was able to work with me. I asked for her for the 2nd shot too.
After my first shot I only had arm soreness but that’s because I was so tense.
After my 2nd shot it was worse but only lasted about 16 hours. I also read that it could have been bad because I was about to start my period the next day and more estrogen in your system can make it worse (I take estrogen BC too).

I’m very happy and proud on myself that I was able to get the two shots. I would do it again if I had to. I look forward to being able to travel again and see friends and family again.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Damned Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 07:17:13 )

I've been fully vaxxed for nearing a month. I had my second Pfizer shot on May 22nd.

After the first shot I had nothing but minor arm soreness.
After the second shot I had more uncomfortable arm soreness, sluggishness, slight chills, a light fever and a headache. Nothing that was unbearable.

Now that we're all vaxxed I'm starting to see my friends again therefore it was absolutely worth it and I would 100% do it again though I'd probably go for Johnson & Johnson and I am now hearing that it's supposed to be the best and that it has no side effects.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.