Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Is it me, or is online gaming..

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 05:04:29 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
... Becoming more toxic? Lol.
I play a lot of overwatch, so maybe that's a good reason why I think this way, but wow. I've heard so much vulgar harassment on Xbox live lately (even personally targeted), and it's making me lose faith in online gaming now.
I know this has been around since cod and halo, but since covid it's been overwhelmingly terrible. Can't play without someone getting extremely vulgar any more.
And it doesn't seem the platform gives two shits either. I've reported and reported and reported.. No notification of bans. These bans are always a day of muted chat too, very lenient for the things that are being said tbh

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 05:13:11 )

@KDA Drew: oh yeah, leauge is terrible for it. I quit over the toxicity a long time ago :(.
I'm really sick of it tbh. Yes, it's just the internet and all, but it's difficult to avoid while it's the only thing that I can do lately due to covid and my pregnancy

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 05:30:59 )
Thats the nature of humans.... destroy the things that should be fun
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 13:20:46 )
Toxicity in online gaming (or anywhere in general) knows no bounds. I too hate encountering players who are being toxic or harrassing others for no reason or something minor (ex: team/party losing, player did poorly on their team/party, etc.)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:51:06 )

It's so toxic. It's not just you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:22:28 )

I wonder if it's because of the tension lately? Or more people playing, or taking it too seriously bc there's nothing else to do

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 01:25:07 )
Milkshake, It is, probably.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.