Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Curtain Call

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 03:47:47 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." he was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"So you can see them, huh?" he asked.

"You got time?" he asked her.

"The short answer is... yeah. I know they're there, they're always there, I need them there." he said further.

"If you want an explanation, get something to eat and take a seat."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 03:49:03 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Well, no?" Kaia answered.

"I can sense their presence, but I can't actually see them." She added honestly.

"Probably because I'm a Fyrane, and dead." She added with a laugh.

"And I'm not here to grab food for myself, grabbing food for my roommate."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 04:04:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhh, I see." he responded.

"Well, if you have time for a bit of an explanation, be my guest to have a seat." he told her.

"Otherwise, well, yeah, they're there. And they're kinda supposed to be." he went on.

He then sighed, and shook his head slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 04:07:03 )

Kaia just chuckled lightly before taking a seat.

"I admit, I'm definitely curious." She then said.

"So spill. I'll return the favour if you want to know anything about me.... or Kiah."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 04:27:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just chuckled in response.

"Well, the first sentence will answer a lot." he told her.

"I'm a Conduit." he informed her. "Natural born, legit, and a prodigy of a Conduit, at that." he went on.

"Didn't always know that, though." he then said. "Until very recently, I thought I was... legit crazy. I thought I was hearing audio hallucinations, and no medication was helping me." he said further.

"I had very few friends, and people looked at me like I was a dangerous psychopath." he lamented.

"However, your sister found me as she was lecturing at my University, and gave me mana blockers to see if they would help. They did, and I didn't hear the voices any longer." he continued.

"...which was when we learned that I am SO good of a Conduit, I am actually in touch with... well... Older Gods." he revealed. "And the souls you see around me are legitimately, a shield to silence them and stop me from descending into actual madness and becoming a meat puppet for... them..." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 04:30:45 )

Kaia just sighed, heavily.

"You're lucky, you know." She commented.

"I was friends with the last one in your shoes. She didn't live to see her twentieth birthday. The fact that you have your protection in the form of the ring, along with people who honestly care about you... you're lucky."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 04:50:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." he responded.

"Believe me, I know." he repeated. "I'm well aware those like me tend to die early, due to the madness caused by those beings." he continued. "And every day, I'm thankful for it." he said further.

"But... yeah, that's my story." he told her.

"The ring around me changes every so often, as they come to terms with being dead and pass on, but they're always there for me." he smiled.

He was then silent, before he realised something.

"Oh!" he exclaimed.

"I'm Levi." he introduced himself to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 04:52:54 )

Kaia paused a moment, blinking.

".... I didn't even realise you hadn't given your name." she admitted with a laugh.

"Good to know though." She added.

"I've heard Kiah talk about you, too. Not much, admittedly, I'm not super close with her, but ... you've come up a few times."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 05:13:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi chuckled a little.

"Well, hopefully it's not been TOO bad." he told her.

"But I am grateful to your sister." he said. "She listened to me when nobody else would, and helped me come to terms with what I am, and helped me find a place in the world." he told her further.

"Sadly, she's hard to shop for." he then muttered.

"I know her birthday is coming, but I have NO idea what to get for her." he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 05:16:37 )

"Ususally when I happen to call at a time where she's stressed as fuck about you." Kaia admitted.

"Like when she was first finding out just how bad those mana blockers she gave you were." She added.

"Girl's still beating herself up for that one." She muttered before pausing.

"Birthday? Get her a new kalimba. She was just telling me that hers was caught in a mini explosion from an experiment, and was destroyed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 05:36:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi just sighed and hung his head a little.

"She has no reason to beat herself up." he said. "She had no way of knowing what would happen. Nobody did." he reasoned. "Damn it, I'd talk to her, but... well, I've said before I don't blame her and it's not her fault." he went on.

"Suppose it can't hurt to say it again at some point." he admitted.

"And a new kalimba?" he asked.

"Ooooh, thanks!" he said, perking up.

"I'll be sure to do just that!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 05:40:50 )

"Yeah, well, Kiah's a stubborn mule sometimes." Kaia commented with a light laugh.

"Which isn't too terribly surprising, but I grew up with her." She added.

"I can see if there's anything else, if you have a hard time with that, but if not? You got a very effective thing you could get her." She continued.

"And generally? They won't break the bank either, if that's a concern. I don't know what kind of finances you have."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 06:04:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm doing all right for finances." Levi assured her. "My girlfriend and I both work in the Media Relations department here, and share a house together. So... well, the fact that we're paid well, combined with sharing costs and such, means we're both doing well." he chuckled.

"But if you see if there's anything else, lemme know." he told her.

"A kalimba's a very good idea, though. I'll remember that." he then said. "Look around for one." he went on.

"And yeah... I know she can be stubborn at times. Amazingly so." he then mumbled.

"But she's brilliant and caring, and we can't see the lab without her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 06:08:03 )

"Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised she's done so well int he lab." Kaia admitted. Before Levi could ask anything about why she said that though, she continued.

"She's paid her way through University like what? six? Times in the past few decades, and continues to do it, still. all to 'Further her knowledge' when she really doesn't need to. Most of what she's learned is via her own experimentation." She told him.

"She used to be a bartender to make the money for school, when Mom would have totally paid for them, and made every bar she's worked at WAY too much money."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 06:28:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

"Yep, that checks out." he said.

"She's making drinks from time to time for the bar near here, Helscape." he told her. "And because of that, it is one of THE best bars in the area. Probably the city. Maybe even the state." he went on.

"She truly is amazing." he continued.

"How are you doing for a living?" he asked. "If that's not to personal to ask. I've heard you're part of a well-known theatre company. I'd imagine that pays the bills nicely, yeah?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 06:35:00 )

Kaia nodded.

"Yep." She asnwered.

"We bought out a theatre, renovated it and repaired it a few decades back, and live in the basement." She told him honestly.

"There ... are.... a number of the group who literally cannot be out in public, or in the sun, or something. Yuki, the woman I came here with, for example. The sun will, quite literally, kill her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 06:56:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi nodded as she said what she did, pausing at the end.

"That's... wow." he mumbled.

"Literally? She will die in the sun?" he asked.

"She will." Kaia confirmed.

"That... doesn't sound like a good way to live..." Levi then said.

"But I assume you all make it work?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 06:57:57 )

Kaia nodded.

"We do." She assured him.

"Although, Yuki's never been outside." she added. "At least, not around here. She was, then was taken in, and has shut herself away to protect everyone. She's a yuki-onna, if you know what they are."

"So, yeah. She tends to avoid people, and sunlight ain't good for her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 07:19:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A snow-woman?" Levi asked.

Kaia nodded.

"I've read stories about them. I've never actually MET one before." he admitted.

"But at least you make it work. Seems sad that she doesn't see the outside." he mumbled. "But as long as she's happy, I suppose that's what really matters." he reasoned.

"And she has you and everyone else." he continued, before pausing.

"Or, rather, she will. Again. We'll make sure of it. We're making sure of it." he told her.

"...trying to, anyway..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 07:24:20 )

Kaia didn't say anything for a moment, before sighing.

"The worst part? The one that I think COULD most definitely help, is gone." She admitted.

"Vaeri is... was... whatever the context is, a somnafae." She told him. "And would be able to go between the planes with no difficulty at all. She likely could have found them and at least told us where they were, so as to give us all an idea as to how the hell to find them all."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.