Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Curtain Call

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 01:48:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The two females stood there, on the large stage, in front of hundreds of empty seats. The building was eerily quiet, and there seemed to be a creepy aura around it now. Had been for close to 10 days or so. They weren't saying much to each other, and were looking around, checking for... they weren't sure what. They didn't even know what they were looking for. They didn't see anything, which made the situation even worse. They had no idea what was happening.

However, before one of them could say anything, they heard a male voice call out as footsteps rapidly approached.

"Kiah! Yuki!" the toned, tanned man with short messy black hair and golden eyes called to them as he approached. He then stopped as he got close, heaving some heavy breaths.

"Gordy's gone now as well." he told them.

"...and yes. It's suspicious. It's scary." he then said. "I knocked on his door and got no answer, so I stepped inside." he continued. "I... he's gone. But his stuff is still here." he said further. "His shoes are still here. His clothes. His phone. His wallet." he told them. "All there. It's like he literally just disappeared. Like everyone else. Not even any SCENT of them left." he finished, which was alarming, considering he was a lycan.

"I don't know what's happening here, but this place isn't safe. It can't be. There's just the three of us left." he muttered.

"What do we do NOW?" he asked. "What CAN we do?" he asked further.

"Just... this... I don't... I just..." he then stammered, before shaking his head and hanging it low.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 02:07:27 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"... what...?" Yuki asked, seeming a bit on the scared side - then again that wasn't too surprising considering what was going on. ".... Dad's gone now too?" She asked.

"Seems so." The one addressed as Kiah said with a light sigh. It wasn't hard to tell that there was stress to her face, her features. She'd lost a couple of extremely good friends from this, and all of them were almost family, as well.

"What I want to know.... is what the hell is HAPPENING!" She half exclaimed, a small pulse of mana came from her. It wasn't too surprising, however, her temper tended to do that. The two there knew that , extremely well by this point.

"We should get out of here...." Yuki then said after a moment ro two.

"Stay at a hotel or something, until we know..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 02:27:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male shook his head.

"That'll be expensive." he said.

"I know we're not hard up for cash or anything, and we're all doing well for ourselves, but a hotel would be expensive as heck." he reasoned. "Even a MOTEL could get costly, depending on how long we'd need to stay there for." he went on.

"But... but I can't see any other option..." he admitted.

"We've all been disappearing. One by one. And there's been no evidence as to WHERE or HOW or anything." he lamented, looking around.

"...even now I feel like no matter where we go here, we're not safe..." he mumbled, his nose sniffing the air. "But I can't smell any intruders. There's nobody here but us." he said further.

"But... that can't be right. I can't help but feel there are eyes upon us..."

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 02:34:08 )

"..... I..." Yuki started, biting her bottom lip.

"I don't know... We can't... can we?" She asked.

"... Oh yeah. You've never been out of the theatres, have you, Yuki ?" Kiah asked as she looked over toward the rather uneasy woman.

"No... no I haven't. Too risky..." Yuki answered

"You hate what you are, don't you?" Kaia asked after a second. Yuki didn't say anything, before nodding.

"I'm going to go call my sister. She works and lives in San Diego... we might be able to stay with her, and I know that where she works can definitely help find the others... olr at least find what the hell is going on." She added.

"Are.... are you sure...?" Yuki asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 03:05:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male just smiled.

"If anyone can help us, it's the ones that her sister works for." he assured Yuki.

"Remember when she was saying how her sister told her about a Gorgon that they stopped, and a girl they rescued from being petrified?" he asked. "That was them." he said.

"They're amazing from what I've heard." he continued.

"So if they'll help us, it's a ray of hope. And a bright one, at that." he added.

"You go and call her." he told Kiah.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 03:15:03 )

Kaia nodded before waving and heading off to another room, knowing that she didn't want to do this conversation with the others there - it might stress Yuki out, and that was definitely not something that was good to do.

---

About fifteen minutes later, Kiah made her way up to Hal's office and knocked on the door, ignoring the recptionist.

"Sharp! Any chance you got five minutes?" She called through the door as Arryn just sent a message.

Dr. Remmington is being ... more than a little insistent. The elf sent over the messaging service.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 03:37:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp looked at the message that Arryn had sent, before sighing and sending a response.

So I noticed. it read.

He then shook his head and looked at the door.

"If it's a choice between 5 minutes of my time, and listening to you knocking on the door and asking if I have that five minutes, I choose the former!" he called back to her.

"So come in!" he finished.

He then just shook his head and started to organise the papers on his desk.

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 03:39:44 )

Kiah made her way into the office with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, but ... my sister is in trouble." She told him honestly.

"Apparently the members of her company are going missing, and there are only three left. They don't feel safe where they are... is there any chance at all that we can have them stay here for a bit until it's figured out what the hell is going on at the theatre?" She asked, not giving really thinking to give any extra information for the moemnt.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 04:01:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Sharp was silent for a moment.

"Ah... right." he said.

"I often forget you even HAVE a sister." he told her.

"Also, only 3 members left of her company? What company?" he asked. "Why do they not feel safe, specifically? Stay here? Why here?" he asked her further. "You know I'm not a callous man, but why is this OUR jurisdiction?" he then inquired.

"I need something to rationalise this in our budget report. You KNOW I'm good with spinning when I need to, but what is stopping your sister and her coworkers from going to the police about this?" he asked.

"As in, the average police? Or are there suspicious circumstances surrounding these disappearances?"

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 04:05:18 )

Kiah paused a moment, puzzling as to why he needed more information before shaking her head.

"Right, I did not give enough. Sorry about that. Anyway, Kaia's company is made up of strictly non-humans. Currently, who is left, is Kaia - a vampire, Adam - a lycan, and Yuki - a ... well, snow woman." She told him.

"And she can't be in the sun. At all." She added.

"And if that's not enough, Kaia was saying that she's tried scrying for them, but it just keeps circling THERE, and they've reportedly looked everywhere. Apparently the others aren't there, they don't feel safe, and as if someone, or something, is constantly watching them." She paused, again, before sighing heavily.

"The long and short of it... is really? Yuki. The other two can blend into society, she really can't."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 04:25:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, all right then." Sharp said.

"That's all I needed." he told her.

"This is most definitely within our jurisdiction, no rationalising needed." he reasoned.

"I shall arrange for safe transport here, as well as anything else they need, while I get a team to check this building." he told her further, before checking something on his computer screen.

"I assume your sister is the head of it all? Or at least the one in command currently?" he asked.

"I'll need to speak with them all, but specifically her, if that is the case." he told her, before pausing. "Well, I'll need to speak with the one in charge, is what I'm saying."

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 04:27:23 )

Kiah nodded.

"Yeah, as far as I'm away, Kaia's the head of it all, and most definitely at the moment." She added.

"Here..." she stepped up and wrote something on the notepad he had there.

"there's her number. Give her a call when you can. And... thanks." She added, gratitude in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 04:47:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp looked at the number, and nodded.

"Got it." he replied.

"I shall call her ASAP. As in... well... now." he said.

"If they truly feel unsafe, and cannot turn anywhere else, that is what WE'RE here for." he assured her.

"Thank you for coming to me with this."

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 04:50:25 )

"Thank you, so so much. I really didn't want to need to pull the family card." Kiah admitted. If anything, it made it more apparent that she was serious about this, and she cared.

"I'll leave you to make that call." she added after a moment or two.

"Thanks again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 05:10:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just nodded as Kiah left, before calling the number she'd given him.

"Yes, am I speaking with Kaia Remmigton?" he asked when it was answered.

"...I go by Fyrane, but yes." was the response.

"Ah, my apologies." Hal replied. "But I am Agent Hal Sharp of The Unit in San Diego." he introduced himself. "Your sister has told me you are in need of assistance." he went on.

"Would you prefer to come here to discuss it, or have myself go to where YOU are?" he asked.

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 05:11:39 )

Kaia just sighed.

"well, none of us are leaving until nightfall." She answered.

"One of the three of us cannot be out in the sun, so if you'd prefer not over the phone, then ... you'll have to come here. I refuse to leave the other two alone." She added after a moment or two.

"Do you need the address?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 05:30:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, that would be helpful." Hal responded, before grabbing a pen. He then wrote down the address she gave him, before getting a few other details. Once that was done, he nodded to himself.

"I shall be there in a few minutes." he told her.

"You'll be looking for a bald male in a business suit, wearing sunglasses." he informed her.

"If you are unsure as to whether or not it is me, yell out the phrase 'Hey look, a fox!'." he said further. "I'll shall respond by immediately looking skyward." he continued. "I realise this sounds nonsensical and unnecessary, but give the nature of this situation, ambiguity is best." he then reasoned.

"And if there is nothing else, I shall be there very soon." he finished.

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 05:35:21 )

"Nonsensical is about right, but I'm reasonably certain it'll be easy enough to identify you." Kaia commented.

"I'll see you when you show up. I'll be just outside." She added.

"Long Fyrane hair, you can't miss it." She added before there were confirmations and she ended the call.

".... I hope we can find out what the hell is going on." she muttered before heading to the door out after assuring the other two she would return. She was just stepping outside, and nothing had stopped THAT so far.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 05:55:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, after a minute or two, she saw Hal's familiar form step out from across the street, from a nearby alley. He crossed the street and looked over towards her when they locked gazes, and headed right towards her.

"Ah." he said when he saw her.

"It's YOU." he commented, much to her slight confusion.

"Your interpretation of Mrs. Lovett was remarkable." he complimented her. "But now is not the time for such things." he then said.

"I'm here to speak with you, and those that remain here."

Why can\'t I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 05:58:57 )

Kaia just laughed.

"Hello to you too." She said simply.

"And come on. The other two are inside still." she added before motioning for him to follow as she turned and made her way back inside the depths of the building.

"Yo! Yuki! James!" She called out into the large auditorium.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.