Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Curtain Call

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 07:49:24 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"That was very nice, yes." Ilias agreed.

"Oh, so, what do you like to eat?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Anything in specific?" he asked further.

"Or any number of things?" he went on.

"Our cafeteria is pretty well-stocked." he chuckled. "I'm sure they'll have what you'd like."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 07:58:17 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"I am one with the cold, I tend to not do so well with heat." Yuki answered.

"Don't take that to mean I can't eat something hot though." She added. "But... sushi is absolutely fantastic."

"Salads, sushi, sashimi, some ramen's... generally if their colder, they're better for me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 08:21:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Makes sense." Ilias responded.

"And sushi, huh?" he asked. "Our cafeteria does that, yep." he assured her.

The two then made their way to the cafeteria, where she was greeted by a rather large room, that was empty, save for the night staff working at the counter. All 1 of them. They approached him, and he smiled.

"What'll y'have?" he asked.

"Triple-berry smoothie for me." Ilias said.

"Sushi, if you have it, please." Yuki answered.

"Any kind you like?" the man asked her. "Or just go for a variety platter?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 11:38:33 )

".... You might be surprised how very not picky I am. Sushi, sashimi, doesn't matter the variety." Yuki answered.

"With with most Ramen. Most Asian dishes, actually." She added.

"I just ask that it's not something that is hot. I don't get along well with high heat foods or areas." She paused a moment.

"So.... make me your best."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 21:58:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man nodded in response.

"You got it." he replied.

And, after about 10 minutes, he returned with a platter of about 30 sushi rolls, and Yuki could see that there were at least 5 different types within. He also had a large smoothie for Ilias.

"Anything else?" he asked.

"I'm good." Ilias responded.

"Somethin' to drink for you?" he then asked Yuki.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 22:23:06 )

Yuki paused at the inquiry.

"Some water would be lovely." she answered after a moment or two.

After he'd handed her that, the pair headed off to find a place to sit.

[b]"If you have any questions, now might be the best time to ask."[/by Yuki told him honestly as they sat down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 22:48:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I admit, I have had some questions on my mind." Ilias admitted.

"But the big one would be... how you got involved with Kaia's theatre... troupe? Company? Whatever you wish to call it." he said.

"How'd you become such a thespian?" he asked with a light chuckle.

"Because, thinking about it, I now remember you in some of the shows I've seen in France." he recalled.

"Wonderful work."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 22:51:17 )

"Came along with the man who took me in." Yuki answered.

"I look rather young, so he claims to be my father, and it's grown to me looking at him as such." She added after a moment, a bit of something to her voice.

"He is one that went missing, as well. Before you ask."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 23:12:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh... I... I see." Ilias responded.

"Well, if it's any consolation, neither he, nor anyone else that's gone missing, is dead." he told her.

"Kaia's scrying proves it. They're still there at the building. We just don't know what, exactly, happened." he continued.

"And we'll find out. I promise." he said further.

"I'd imagine the man that took you in is very nice, too." he went on. "But that goes without saying, too. He took you in, as you said. Already that puts him in the 'very nice' category."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 23:14:13 )

"Nice? Well, certainly grew to be, yes." Yuki agreed.

"Since he originally took me in to take advantage of what I am." She added with a light laugh.

"He was deep in debt and was running into trouble. Wanted to scare his creditors."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 23:34:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Almost instantly, Yuki saw... a strange, but quick, succession of emotions in Ilias' eyes.

There was anger... straight anger... from when she told him the man had taken her in just to scare off creditors because he was deep in debt. Then came a look of realisation when the 'grew to be' part she said kicked in. Then there was a little confusion, and some unsureness, before there was a bit of an ambiguous look to his eyes, and he cleared his throat slightly.

"I... ah, I see." he said.

"Well... so long as he treats you well and... doesn't keep you in to be little more than a scare tactic." he said further, venom in his tone.

"..." he was then silent for a moment, before sighing heavily.

"I'm sorry." he apologised. "Hearing about those that aren't human being used because of what they are is... a hot-button topic for me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 23:37:35 )

Yuki just laughed.

"I agreed to it in the first place. I never liked what happened to me, and while I had embraced it, it was only because I had to, not because I wanted to." She told him.

"As a result, I was happy to be used as a scare tactic. At least then I could do something." She paused a moment after saying that though.

"And... I know. Same with Kaia." She added. "The woman will devour anyone that is attacking - unjustly - someone who isn't human when it's JUST because they aren't human."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 23:58:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded, and had calmed down a lot. He still thought it was sad that Yuki had been happy to just have a use, to do something, even if it meant that one that had taken her in was just using her. But he could understand it. He'd felt the same way in the past. Or a similar way, anyway. Regardless, he took another drink of what he had, and calmed himself down a little more.

"Ah, yeah, I've heard that about Kaia." he said.

"She REALLY has a low tolerance for that kind of discrimination." he commented.

"I need to be careful about my temper flaring." he then said. "It transfers to my snakes a little, and if any of them bite someone... well... yeah." he mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 00:03:53 )

"... that has to be irritating from time to time." Yuki commented.

"Although, I can understand it. If my temper flares too seriously, the entire area within about a mile or two drops about twenty degrees - celcius." She added.

"Kaia, meanwhile, has way too little patience for that kind of thing. Which I find... a little unusual. She hates what she is, often borderline starving herself, and yet goes out of her way for others."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 00:25:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"She's... a mystery, she is." Ilias agreed.

"But I think part of her hating what she is.. lays in the circumstances on which she was turned." he said.

"I don't know the WHOLE story, and I don't know how much YOU all know, but I think that might be part of it." he went on. "Then again, I don't know the entirety, and I'm no psychologist." he shrugged.

"I just hope she's not being too unhealthy with herself." he then muttered.

"Kiah does worry about that sometimes."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 02:05:51 )

"Well, she keeps herself alive and mostly well. She's just doing the bare minimum she needs to, to keep herself in acceptable shape." Yuki commented with a light sigh.

"However, I really do think that could be far better."

---

She sighed as she made her way down to the cafeteria. Her and Yuki had been there for about two weeks by this point, and there had been basically nothing found so far.

"Ugh." she muttered, running a hand through her hair as she made her way to the cafeteria. It was the middle of the day, plenty of people, and the sun was streaming in through the windows down the halls. She was on a food run for Yuki.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 02:32:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias shook his head in response.

"Better than nothing." he said. "But she really does need to take better care of herself." he agreed.

---

Suddenly, as she approached the cafeteria, she felt... something. Something off. Something... vaguely ominous. She couldn't tell WHAT, exactly, but she then saw a young male sitting at one of the tables.

And she could sense that there was something around him.

Multiple somethings.

Souls.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 02:38:21 )

Kaia was silent for a moment.

"..." She started before approaching.

"Hey there." She said. "Everything ok?" She asked, her voice curious, and a bit concerned.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 02:55:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm?" he muttered when she asked her question.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah I'm havin' a pretty good day, actually." he told her with honest sincerity in his tone, and a smile in his face.

"You're Kaia, right? Kiah's sister?" he asked.

"Have a seat." he offered, before her concern clicked with him, and he quirked an eyebrow.

"...wait, do I look like I'm having a bad day or something...?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/25 03:34:47 )

"More... is the dead surrounding you a normal thing?" Kaia asked.

"And yeah. I am Kiah's sister." She added after a moment or two.

"But... yeah. That," she motioned to all the 'air' around him, to those that she could sense, but not entirely see "collection arround you. Is that normal?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.