Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Just bought plane tickets!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 19:19:17 )

Today to go and see my friends and family in Florida! I grew up there, some of my family still lives there and lots of friends and I haven't been since 2018! That's the longest I've ever gone in my life without being in FL.
I was going to go in April 2020, but we know how that worked out lol. Now I'll be there in mid to late Sept. ^^

I'm so excited! My husband and I are starting out in Disney to see some friends from England that will be there at the same time. Then I'm seeing a bunch of family and friend that live in South FL. I wish that the train station was already open in Orland cause then I could just take the Brightline (A new train service) from Orlando to South FL. I'll do that next year since it's opening in 2022.

Is there anywhere you are traveling to near the end of this year or next year? It can be to see family, or just for fun. I want to know where you are going post-COVID!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 20:16:49 )

How exciting! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 00:52:28 )

Oh yeah coming to enjoy the Florida heat! Haha, but no that's really cool!! And, A trip to disney sounds like a really good first jumping off stance! I've only been to Disney once and it was during a teen youth concert thing so it wasn't a true Disney experience since the magic kingdom was mainly set up for bands :/

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 21:44:22 )

@sunny: Thanks! Glad to be able to see some of my British friends again.

@NixieFae: Ugh I know why couldn't it at least have been Oct (not that it's much different) but the British couple that are going already booked the vacation way in advanced and they picked Sept. Like damn bros, Orlando in Sept sucks. Better than Aug tho. Disney can be a lot of fun if you know how to plan it and all that there is to do.

@Q t e a p o n: Yeah it's tough. I know that I'm a lucky one being able to do this, and since my family in FL is old they already have their two shots (and the younger ones work in healthcare so they have it too). I don't think I would be able to fly to England this year either, even though my husband wanted to do that for Christmas. I think that there are too many unknowns with that one. FL is easy because no one seems to give a shit there and everyone will be vaccinated. What about in like 2022?

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 01:46:20 )

@Totalanimefan: haha I love when people are like "we're going to vacation down in fl this summer" I'm always thunthinking king, yeah you won't last a week before your wanting to go back home lol. It was nice just being there kinda but yeah, not actually getting to actually do the things that's normally there was a bummer.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 14:45:13 )

@NixieFae: ugh I know. Why can’t they want to go in February lol. People not from Florida can’t even imagine how hot it is there.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 19:45:25 )

@Q t e a p o n: I'm sure you will be able to in 2022. I don't remember if I said this to you or another Canadian but maybe Biden will give you guys a batch once we are mostly through with the US?

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 20:59:15 )

@Totalanimefan: Exactly, I think they think the heat is nothing, or rather more similar to some other states. But it really doesn't prepare you for how hot it can get here. I love hearing about how people move down here from the northern states, experience their first FL summer. Then later you hear they're wanting to move back or actually move back up north because they couldn't stand the heat.

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 21:57:12 )

@NixieFae: Yes I tell people to move down in the winter if that can, and no matter what your first summer is going to be hard. Just like it would be for us to move to NYC. Our first winter would suck.
But over time your blood thins and gets used to the heat.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 23:48:57 )

@Q t e a p o n: Oh my gosh that's awful. I didn't know it was that bad there. I'm sorry. :(
Which vaccines are approved in Canada?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 23:09:04 )

My boyfriend's family invited me to go on vacation with them in September, and while I really want to go, a part of me is weary because of the pandemic. I guess there's comfort in knowing that by then we'll all be fully vaccinated, and they're renting out a beach house in a spacious area so there won't be too many people around. I guess we'll see how things go.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.