Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Do you like the new NPC changes?

Question: Do you like the new NPC changes?

• YES!: 23 / 31 74%
    74% Votes
  • NO!: 1 / 31 3%
    3% Votes
  • Could be better: 4 / 31 12%
    12% Votes
  • Feeling indifferent: 3 / 31 9%
    9% Votes
Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 01:12:07 )
WARNING! ABSOLUTELY NO FLAMING OR ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER!!!!
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and there should not be ANY shaming or negativity towards anyone based on what they feel.
If for any reason, you feel too strongly and don't trust yourself to leave a good reply, simply tick a poll answer and head off to some other wonderful part of this site.
You are welcome to share or not, even simply saying yes or no as to whether you like them or not and not put any reasoning behind it. No shame.
Thank you and please try to have a wonderful day.

~~~
* These are all just my personal opinions! I am not saying that the site is wrong for doing changes. In fact, I generally do welcome when we get new changes here. *
I do like that they NPCs get a refreshed look every so often. However, for me, I think it could be better with this current new look.
I do love the diversity of all the NPCs. I love that there are all kinds of different races, genders, sizes, ages, and romantic affiliations. That is indeed how it should be. All inclusive and freedom to express themselves as they are.
While the artwork itself is done impeccably, I don't find that it really works with the NPCs. Naturally, they are all welcome to get a fresh look in terms of hair style, clothes, tattoos, or any such statement piece. To me, it does feel that Vanora has somehow gone back in years and looks much more like a teenager close to 14 years old.
The change that I like best is Velvet's shop look. She looks rather smashing!
Some of the NPC avatars themselves are a tad frightful.
Overall, I am eager for a few years from now when another change happens.
Therefore, my own reply to the poll would be "Could be better".

* Again, these are just my own thoughts and opinions, you are welcome to view things differently and express them in your own right. Just remember, do not let it lead to any heated discussions! *

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 01:18:51 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
I dunno man I think they look really gorgeous. Happy to see them getting some love! Voltra has always been very good about their npcs having personality

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 01:20:26 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I really love the new designs.
I feel their personalities really come alive. I absolutely adore vivienne and Vanora's designs so much!

I feel the artists did such an amazing job!
and the colors really pop!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 01:27:10 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

Honestly, I thought Vivienne and Vanora were teens. *^*;

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 01:57:49 )

Fresh new looks for the NPC's isn't a bad thing, it's nice to shake things up a little; bring in something new and keep that Spark () of interest up and active.
      However, I'm not a huge fan of the new redesign they have gone under.
      I'm not saying it's bad, I'm not trying to petition for a reversal of designs, I'm not saying my opinion is more important than anyone else's, I'm just stating my opinions and offering my own feedback to the situation.
      I say this to be clear because I don't need someone coming after me, trying to put words in my mouth or trying to make me out to be someone who thinks she's more important than others. Your interpretation of my words is not the 'truth' of them. You don't have to agree with my words, and that's fine, but your opinion also isn't going to make me change mine. Just like my opinion isn't going to make you change yours.

I feel like Vanora and Vivienne's character designs have been de-aged quite a bit, they no longer look like young adult women who own and run their own shops. To me, they now appear to be young teens. And I certainly don't want a fifteen year old with scissors anywhere near my head.
      I also feel like the removal of Vontell's kick ass afro was a bad move. (And idk if it's just my eyes or the angle of the art itself but his feet look like... clown shoe big. >_> Y'all tryna tell us something?)
      Virgil and Violet aren't all that terrible either, but what happened to the purple color scheme of Violet's dress? It was bright and fun, like her sparkling personality. The brown and beige of her outfit now makes her look... Unremarkable and boring, which - to me - fits with Virgil and not her.**
      Vyctor looks okay, but the colors of what I assume are supposed to be flower tattoos on his chest (?) match too much with the jacket. I had to really look at it because at first I thought his leather jacket had fur, which was weird. (Also there are a few lines from those tattoos (?) crossing over onto the jacket.)
      I praise Velvet though. She looks the best out of everyone, but her shoes just... Don't look good at all. I'm sorry.
      I'd offer an opinion on Valentina, but in all honesty I never paid much attention to her before. I kept forgetting her shop actually has things now, so I never looked farther down than Vyc's Mods.

**EDIT: I don't mean to say Virgil is unremarkable and boring! Oh god, I just reread that and it sounded so bad.
      It's not that! Anyone who knows my history knows Virgil is my fuckin' BAE dude, I love my lil grump ass. I just meant that the muted colors and stuff just match his personality and not Violet's.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 04:24:18 )

I reeeeallly adore Vanoras new avatar! Thicc bodies make me feel included <3

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/21 10:36:05 )
After not being here for 3-4 years it’s really amazing to see they actually are updating the NPCs. I’ve never seen an avatar site really refresh their characters like that before. I don’t remember too many details on how the art was previously but I do like how they revamped them from what I remember in general.
If this is something that has happened even before this I look forward to the next iteration!
I will miss Vanoras design though. :vanora_smile:

art by me
My Deviantart

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.