Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 03:07:42 )
I didn't see anything that was missing, but I'll check it out again tonight.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 03:18:32 )
Thanks!

I'm working on a character right now. :3

Character so far. (Loosely based on a raven mocker)

True name: Kanokalia
Nickname: Kal
Sex/gender: male
Appearance:
Fae form: His torso and chest are that of a normal human man. His neck and head are that of a raven. His arms are feathered wings. He stands erect on two feet bird. He can speak clearly in spite of his beak. He's a towering 7 feet tall, but his slight frame weights almost nothing.

Human form: his skin is a medium brown color, his eyes a glossy black, his hair a tussled mass of black that shines like oil. Even as a human he looks tall and thin, almost frail. He looks to be in his late 20s.

History: Born to the Light Court. His mistrustful and mischievous nature made him an ill fit for Light, and he soon joined the Dark Court. He has spent most of his life without a permanent residence, instead choosing to move freely around court and earth. He doesn't really fit in at Dark either, but no one really cares there. He nevertheless spends most of his time on earth. A few hundred years ago, tiring somewhat of his nomadic life, he opened an inn where Fae would come to him and he could watch the world without leaving. The inn is now a well known Fae club, neutral ground for dark and light to mingle with their chosen humans. He is prone to leaving unexpectedly for prolonged times, however.

Personality: playful and mischievous. He loves teasing people or playing jokes on them. Although he doesn't lie, he is rarely straightforward about himself unless he has come to trust someone very much. He's very curious and loves watching people and animals. He loves finding "interesting" humans and befriending them, and learning everything about them over the course of years. He's generally happy and good natured.

Abilities:
1. Flight, even in "human form"
2. Mentally communicate with birds
3. Absorb illness from a human and store it until released onto another human.
4. Heightened instincts, allowing him to assess if a person or situation is dangerous/trustworthy/etc. (???)
5. Touched air becomes solid if desired (???)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 04:17:16 )
Ah, that reminds me, I need to get my character info documents converted. They're the wrong file type, so I can't open them on my laptop currently.
XD

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 04:24:28 )
Busted edited my last post to include my character so far.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 06:07:04 )
Eliminating Fae needing to be invited inside.

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 06:18:16 )
Dawee

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 06:41:11 )
I'm not positive you said a word there :vanora_worried:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 06:51:11 )
Okay, one thing I would maybe suggest editing on the front page is adding the [ img] and [ /img] brackets around the Light and Dark fae images you have on the front page. Or at least making them clickable links.
I can't speak for everyone, but it's a pain in the butt to try to copy and paste those into a new tab on my phone just to see the images.

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 06:52:07 )
Dawe? Is toats a word well its a noise

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 07:02:31 )
I'm hoping to buy art for the light and dark instead of stealing images for them.

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 07:51:21 )
She is basically the scavenger from the emilie autumn song scavenger

True name: Tyveri
Nickname: Ty
Sex/gender: Female
Appearance:

Fae form:

Human form:

History: When Ty was younger she was a doctor in the human world then she got tired of not being able to save anyone and she left the light court and moved on to the dark court so she could try to do some good

Personality: Ty is fairly cold and always looking to get to what her next order needs and she is kind to people who pay her and the people she values as friends

Abilities:
1. Invisibility
2. Muffled Movement
3. Absorb illness from a human and store it until released onto another human
4. Materialize a knife
5. Disguise self

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 21:05:46 )
You taking my disease power? /pokes :vanora_worried:

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 05:17:58 )
Thining about it no it would be better if she could poison people so she can kill if she needs to
Dressed as goblins!
Do it all again!
See the friends all again!

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 07:54:21 )
That's a cool ability!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 06:44:10 )
@Lina: I will be working on fae worksheet as well

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 02:02:11 )
So awesome! Glad to have people interested!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 02:01:10 )
True name: Viralise
Nickname: Vira
Gender/Sexuality: Female, Bisexual
Appearance:

Element: Cold
Court: Dark
Personality: Vira indulges in her desires. She loves bringing home items she takes from the humans, even if she might not have any immediate need of it. She has need to gather more power and find a way to improve her abilities. She does not like having weaknesses. She will not divulge her secrets willingly, but rather answer in a way that may be puzzling.
History: Born in the dark court, she has rarely visited the light court. She spends most of her time in either the dark court or the human realm. She has brought many humans into the faerie throughout her lifetime for no other reason than "she felt like it". She has hurt others with her abilities, but does not feel remorse for them. She found that butterflies were often attracted to her, but she cannot control their actions.
Abilities:
- can create and form a small amount ice
- can lower temperatures
- can draw power from her surroundings to power her ice abilities, but may cause those things to die as a result. (flowers, grass, insects, etc.)
- can transfer some energy into the butterflies that follow her for later use. When she takes the power back, it kills the butterflies and she has to gather more.
- can scry on the human world or the faerie from the other as long as she has a pool of water nearby or a mirror. Doesn't always work or shows her what she wants. Iron bound mirrors work best, but being iron, it weakens her greatly.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/17 00:51:27 )
dragoness: I love the butterflies and iron mirrors. Clever details.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/17 02:16:24 )
Thanks. I wasn't wanting her to be too powerful. Gotta have a good balance. ^_^

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/17 03:00:37 )
I agree! I'm not a fan of super powerful characters. They need room to grow.

I making a light Fae today
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.