Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:04:15 )
I am curious as to what type of time period you are planning for this. More modern or older?
And also, do you have some examples of what specific powers could be? Just sort of a "for example" to get a better idea of limits?

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:22:27 )
Ah, thank you! I thought of time earlier and then forgot again. :vanora_sweat:

Now time. And it will remain "now" regardless of how much time passes in Faerie. So even if it's hypocritical years passing in the human world, to keep things simple it's just always going to be modern times. (And never the future)

As for magic and ablilities, I was planning to say like, nothing world changing. But otherwise I don't really care? Each person is welcome to make up anything they want. But they must explain it thoroughly and include what limitations it has.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:28:15 )
So basically, modern/present time period. Perfect! I'll have to dig through my characters when I get home.

Is there any major plotline currently or is it just sort of a generic "tavern rp" style open plot where characters meet, interact, then plots develop around that?

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:33:05 )
I have no clue yet. I'm really bad at plots myself. So if anyone has a plot idea, that's great! But I'm equally happy with no plot or one that develops organically.

I also need to decide if the courts are places the rp actually takes place in, or only the human world. Because 3 different realms might be a little much ?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:39:48 )
I think that the fae realms would be fine as sort of "home bases" for any characters that don't reside in the human world, but that the human world would be the main location for characters to meet and interact in. And then private/side interactions between characters residing in the same world location could be in the separate fae worlds.
Which sounds confusing.
Basically, characters A, B, C, D, and F all encounter each other in the human world. Characters A and B are from the Light Court and characters C and D are from the Dark Court and can interact in their respective locations while they are in said courts apart from the rest of the group.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:44:49 )
Makes sense to me. As long as anyone wanting to join is okay with it. Maybe we can have location as a post title.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:47:16 )
That should work. Or even just text colors for certain locations. Just something to easily identify where each character is at the time so posting doesn't get too confusing.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 05:48:48 )
Color is a good idea.

Working on light and dark court descriptions.

Also need to come up with the basic laws for both... :/

I want a bunch of laws and rules for light. Like it's a fancy royal court.

Okay, I think I got basic laws and rules down.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 12:04:37 )
Nice everything sounds good so far.
I do have a question. Say, a fae child was raised in the human world and is ignorant of fae rules.
Would that be an acceptable character or would you prefer that fae characters specifically have been raised in their court until they at least learned the basic fae rules?

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 20:28:55 )
@kaderin triste: That would be a totally acceptable character! I imagine there are many Fae that choose to live in the human world and not a court. If they were raised by humans, they'd have to be nearly perfectly human looking though.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 22:59:06 )
Bahaha, I may just have a character or two...

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 20:24:47 )
@kaderin triste: I'm so excited you're interested in joining! I'm not sure how active I'll be, so I might only take on a hosting role if someone else joins. This is the season work gets busiest for me.

Need to get the front better organized. I'm always on my phone though. >.<

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 03:01:29 )
I totally don't mind a slower moving rp. Both my jobs are about to get pretty hectic. Holiday season at a craft store and Christmas parties to set up and clean after at the museum.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 03:08:06 )
@kaderin triste: okay, cool! I'll try to clean things up and see what I'm missing.

(I also want to work on a character) :3

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 03:10:58 )
@Lina: Well, take yout time. I'll have to get my characters organized and ready. And try to track down their original character profiles so I can figure out a few things.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 03:22:18 )
@kaderin triste: let me know if you think I'm missing anything important. ^^

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 03:24:53 )
@lina: I'll look over everything tonight and let you know!

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 04:16:58 )
@kaderin triste: no hurry, it's still a disaster until I can get on my laptop and actually see it. On my phone it's too hard to read. XD

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 01:07:19 )
Currently working on making the character sheets. Anything I'm currently missing?

Also, anyone willing to look over the front and tell me if I'm missing anything important?
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 02:50:35 )
I usually start with basic profiles and add on things as I develop my characters over time. ^_^

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.