Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Newbie with a Newbie Art Shop

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 00:07:17 )
Hello!

A little about me:
*Gaiaonline and Tinierme veteran
*Art college dropout (lol)
*Currently attending college for Social Work
*9 months pregnant and engaged
*28 years old

I have been drawing seriously ever since I was about 17 years old.
I still have A LOT to learn when it comes to art, color, backgrounds--etc... but I'm generally self-taught.

I'm trying to build a new digital art portfolio and am most inspired by peoples individual creativity.
:>
Which is why I am making this shop.

_______________________________ * __________________________________

Art Examples

Above is my new Facebook art shop. I have all my recent pieces on there for examples.

BECAUSE I'm both new to this community AND I don't know how the pricing/currency works...
I'm solely going based off what y'all think my art is worth.
BUT if you are art pricing-educated.. I'd REALLY appreciate some help on this so I can have a more solid price-point.

Thankies!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 03:58:36 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Hello welcome!!!
So first off, i really like your art!

Pricing wise:
There arent set rules to pricing your art so in general you should do what you think is good.
Now ill tell you what i do so you atleast know where to start lol
I first looked at the minimum wage of where i live (about $11.50 or 9.60 euro per hour)
Then i roughly looked at how long i take to make a drawing and priced acordingly. So if something takes me 2 hours the base price for that would be $23 and so on.
However thats the minimum! Dont go lower but higher is always posible!
On top of that with each commission theres an included "fee", since ive been drawing all my life, spent money on art suplies ect. So in short a lil fee that kinda compensates my time and effort.

Thats however only for digital art. For traditional id add to it for aditional material, like markers, paint, papern postage ect.

On another note, im curently saving up for some stuff and since i already been bad and spend too much this month i cant go spending more ;-;"
But if you would be willing id love to make an art trade with you? (examples in my signature)

And lastly, i wish you alot of luck ^^

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 11:29:05 )
you can do two ways of attempt pricing art commission request

1.) pricing based from other artist's commission sheet and how they divide the request feature

2.) knowing how long do you finish 1 piece and decide its price base on art piece's complexity.

3.) based on 2.), but its priced per hour.

my end, i used 1 and 2. I am also open to negotiations as I explain which is takes longer and which can be budgeted to their needs.

--

if you dont have a pool of fan base or customers (first time art commission with irl currency), I recommend doing some small art trade (with limited numbers cos they can attact fans but also it is time consuming cos you are doing it for free) and free art (or virtual currency like voltra)

in time, you will have some that might be your potential customers.

The number of followers can be overwhelming for twitter/insta artist users. But I would like to note that numbers dont reflect number of commission that you get from paid clients. So its okay to have small amount of followers from the beginning.

---

How to get yourself market for art commissions: (easy versiom)
+ join discord servers / forum
+ follow the server/forum's guidelines before posting your commission ad
+ make some small social interaction. it didnt have to be regular thing. only the thing that you can do within your capacity.
+ posting your current works on server/forum or in app insta/twitter
+ follow back your followers (i know its not important but it is a social ettiquette that makes the follower to feel the respect)
+ dont delete your follow unless you have a reason
(some from my insta followed me just to unfollow later is well.. off putting. they do that assuming you dont notice and still see their works. but thats bad follow manners. Only unfollow if you dont like the person or any other reason.. not for intent to scheme like i mention earlier)
+ kindness and respect gives you long mile run for art commissions. people tend to get big headed when they have big follow count for some odd reason. Dont forget that followers followed you cos they are interested on your works. they are human also.

but regardless as they are human, dont forget that you are one too. if any of your followers hurt you, you will feel the hurt. same goes vice versa.

---
i hope i help >u<
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 05:27:20 )
Good luck on your art shop

And I like your art, it's rather unique in my opinion.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/26 06:41:05 )
I Loved your art! Do you mind I request some art from you? I need to do art of OC of {{Female Protagonist}} and Creusa in MUV suits.
My Store

there's a Hunter who killed the queen of all gaia...whoever you are you will be known as "Killer of ALL gaia" and Have no respect. I know who you are! everyone will know that you killed my 17-year old account. what next? go after my friends? It's over, Killer Queen of All gaia...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.