Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forged in the Soul

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 05:00:14 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Sounds good. See ya" Mira said before waving and heading off. She wasn't sure who would be interested in the information of her finding it, but she didn't really care, if she was being honest. She was just thrilled to have it, and since she knew that her workload right then was rather light, she could spend a couple of days making sure it was in perfect condition, along with the others.

And that's exactly what she intended to do, and what she set to work doing when she reached her office.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 05:20:36 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Over the next few weeks or so, things had settled down for her, mostly. She'd shown Ilias the spear, and he had been thrilled to hold it. Proceedings with the court case were slow, but they were happening, and Mira seemed to be in no more trouble than previously stated, which was a massive relief for her. And she and Peyton had confirmed with Jaden where they would like to eat, and he'd gotten them a reservation for in a week from now. That was one thing she was truly looking forward to. But through all that, she was relishing having Gungnir, and caring for it... and THIS time, her spear hadn't changed her for the worse, or seemed to be trying to take over her body so it could murder someone, which was a plus.

However, at this moment, she had been specifically called up to Hal's office, and he had greeted her when she arrived.

"Hello again." he said.

"I figured that, though it's only been a little over 3 weeks, you should know that we've made some progress on getting you someone to work with in your department, as you mentioned that a bit ago." he informed her.

"Care to look at what we've got?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 05:24:50 )

"Gladly." Mira answered as she closed the door behind her.

"How many?" She asked, her voice curious as she took a seat.

"I hope it wasn't too brutal to narrow down."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 05:46:25 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just paused and exhaled a little.

"Well, to start, we got 178 applications." he told her. "I was able to quite easily narrow that down to around 90. It was clear that a lot of the applicants were NOT what we were looking for, or did not have the necessary knowledge or experience for this specific sort of work, or some were just handing out resumes because they could, and did not give a flying heck about the work itself." he explained.

"Now, because you are part of R&D, Kiah then stepped in and further helped pare things down." he then said. "After all, she... is technically your superior, because of how this works." he continued.

"And we managed to get THAT number down to a nice dozen." he finished, before handing her a folder with the resumes inside it.

"You have clearance to hire 4 more people, if you find that many in there that you think would be an asset." he then informed her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 05:49:30 )

Mira accepted the folder.

"I will definitely take a good look through of these." She commented.

"Thanks. I ... wasn't entirely sure if you would put that out or not. At least not quite as quickly as you did. I know you're usy and all." She added. "And I would not have faulted if it took awhile." She got to her feet with a chuckle.

"I also assume that I don't need to hang out here for it." She said. Hal shook his head.

"Not at all." he assured her.

"Look through them at your leisure." He added. Mira just nodded, said her thanks again, before heading off. She knew what she'd be doing for the next little bit it seemed, and if this went well... chances were that she'd end up having some help in there. Which was fantastic, as there were days she really needed it.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.