Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forged in the Soul

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 04:30:03 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Estranged. Tch, can't say I'm surprised." Mira commented, trying to keep the venom out of her voice.

"However, I'm not sure I can be protected from this." She added.

"I mean, I was there, in body anyway, right?" She asked.

"How do we know that she won't try and use that to drag me through the dirt to? And if she does... what's my protection that will actually fly?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 04:52:32 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I fully expect her to try and drag you down with her." Hal responded.

"...however... um... well... let's just say you have someone very powerful willing to testify on your behalf." he told her, clearing his throat a little. "It's hard to contest the word of a retired God." he said further.

"...yes, I refer to Hephaestus." he then clarified.

"Seems he's left a way for Lady Remmington to contact him if need be. And yes, it's extremely limited use." he added, rolling his eyes.

"Regardless, your body and soul were disconnected. That is protection enough in Council and Triad court cases, and you know it." he then reminded her. "Have a little faith." he said.

"Nobody blames you for all of this, you shouldn't either."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 04:54:46 )

Mira just sighed, heavily.

"My blind ambition with the damned spear is what caused this mess though. And please, don't try to argue it, you know it's true." She commented.

"Sure, I wasn't directly responsible for everything, but had I had the brain power to realise that the shock I felt from the damned thing when I first touched it was a warning, that would have REALLY helped shit." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 05:19:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I won't deny that." Hal responded.

"However, 'you should have known that a mana shock from a weapon in a hidden armoury would lead to bloodshed down the road' is... kind of a flimsy defense." he then told her.

"Hold yourself accountable if you want, but I am 99% certain the law won't." he continued.

"And I'M not, either." he said further.

"If you want to go down THAT road, the rest of us should have realised something may have been up, too." he then reasoned.

"So if you're to blame for this, we ALL are as well."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 05:21:05 )

Mira just sighed.

"I know. But as I said, it was my blind ambition with it that really is the root. I'm not saying anything beyond that, just that I REALLY should have backed off with that initial shock." She then said.

"Honestly, even if I were to be reprimanded or charged or anything... I"m just happy that Pey's going to be all right." she then admitted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 05:43:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just shook his head again.

"Look, if it's insisted that something be levied against you, I'll see if it's nothing more than a temporary suspension from your work." he told her. "That's all." he said further.

"And yes, Peyton WILL be all right. And that toxic bigoted xenophobe will never darken our doorstep again." he assured her.

"I just need to find a NEW head for the Media Department." he then muttered.

"Regardless, overall, how are you feeling?" he asked her.

"Physically, mentally, and emotionally."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 05:48:01 )

Mira paused.

"Uh... good luck with that one." She commented in response to his comment about finding someone to take over the Media Relations.

"That's all I can say." She added.

"And... I'll be all right." She answered, biting her lip slightly.

"It was ... so damned cold though. I didn't think I'd ever get back to being complete like this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 06:08:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal made grumbling noises in response.

"Trust me, I know it's going to be a task and a half." he said.

"But I could NOT keep her here. Not after this. This was just TOO damn much." he snarled, before he calmed himself down and looked at her again.

"I'm sorry you went through that." he told her.

"That had to have been miserable and harrowing." he said further.

"And you have Izea to thank for finding out that you were trapped in there as well." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 06:15:28 )

"I'll have to thank her, then." Mira commented.

"I know that ... it? ... was planning to destroy the spear, so that a swap couldn't be done again. I was aware of THAT, at least." She added.

"However, that would have most certainly not been ideal." She paused here, sighing lightly.

"I realise that I'm not entirely to blame, but... thanks." She then said. "And I'm sorry."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 06:51:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, it." Hal responded.

"It had a vague sentience, but... well, it was not a soul. More like an aspect of one, I suppose." he muttered.

"And your apology is accepted." he told her.

"For now, we just need to keep moving forward." he reasoned. "Dwelling on the past is a good way to lose sight of the present, and the future." he went on.

"Still... you are, even if barely, a descendant of Hephaestus." he then commented.

"NEVER would have guessed that."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 06:55:52 )

Mira paused when Hal mentioned the last part, before just laughing.

"You and me both." She agreed with a nod.

"I'm a dwarf. As far as I know, we're Norse - hell, my family is from Norway. Apparently I've got Greek in me somewhere to. Never would have guessed THAT."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 07:19:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, it's there." Hal chuckled.

"Anyway, if you want to continue to hang around the medical wing, the staff there will understand." he told her.

"Peyton will be wanting to see you when she wakes up, I'm sure." he went on.

"And Mira?" he then addressed her.

"Don't be TOO hard on yourself." he said.

"All right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 07:23:12 )

"I ... am not, will not, can not and flat out do not guarantee or make any promises of that nature." Mira told him honestly.

"I can try, but who knows if I'll succeed?" She asked.

"And even then, I'm just happy that Pey's recovering, if nothing else."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 07:48:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal sighed.

"...fair." he said.

"I suppose that's all I can ask from you at this point." he reasoned.

"Regardless, I'm glad we got you back." he then said.

"...nobody would have forgiven themselves if you had been lost to us." he went on.

"We can't picture this place without you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 07:50:46 )

"Who would sharpen the blades or repair the firearms?" Mira asked with a smirk.

".... Although to be honest, having some help would be nice some days." She added.

"It's a one woman show down there,and while it's usually not an issue, sometimes... I get bogged down."

"... if... if it wouldn't be an issue to possibly put out feelers for someone who might want to, and is able to, help out during busier times?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 08:06:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal paused for a moment, as what she said clicked in his mind.

"...I hadn't thought of that..." he said.

"I can most certainly try." he told her.

"And by that, I mean I'll make the position known." he went on. He then stopped again and thought about it, before looking at her again.

"Are there any specifics?" he asked.

"Are you looking for someone already well-established and trained, or is someone looking for an apprenticeship acceptable?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 08:09:19 )

Mira paused to think about that before shrugging.

"So long as they actually prove to be someone who can handle the heat, so to speak - even though I don't have a furnace in there - they're good. I'm willing to do a learning thing with someone, yeah." She answered.

"I'm mostly just hoping for an extra set of hands for when it gets busy, at the very least. Or even just to make it so that if I have to fill in for security MY work isn't put on hold quite as solidly as it is now." She added

"So long as they're cool with taking direction from someone who is most likely going to be a couple feet shorter than they are, I'm cool with it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 08:25:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Duly noted." Hal responded.

"And keep my name out of it." Mira then said. "I want people that genuinely want to work with weaponry, and have a passion for it... NOT someone that wants to pal around with 'the woman that discovered Aegis', because they think it'll look good on their resume." she stated.

"...another very good point." Hal admitted.

"Done, then." he said.

"Thank you." Mira responded.

"I'll keep you updated on applicants." Hal told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 08:28:34 )

Mira nodded before just heaving a heavy breath, slowly.

"Thanks." She said after a few seconds.

"... For everything. Just... ugh. Sorry this mess came up." she added, knowing she was repeating it, but she was kind of stuck on it for the moment. Perhaps after Peyton was out of the medwing she'd be dealing with it better, but for now? It was kinda what was at the forefront of her mind.

"Anyway, I'll clear out, you've probably got a lot of paperwork to deal with regarding the bitch" She added as she got to her feet.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 21:42:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I do." Hal lamented.

"Go on. Take care of yourself. And make sure Peyton is doing good." he told her with a smile.

Sure enough, a couple of days later, Peyton had woken up and wanted to see Mira first thing. It was clear that things would be all right between the two of them, as Peyton didn't blame her at all for this... and Mira couldn't bring herself to keep up the self-pity with Peyton back in her life. Some minor news was brought up about legal proceedings, and Mira would be required to testify at a future date, telling them exactly what happened. But as far as she knew, nothing more was going to come of it.

She was making her way back to her office, when she noticed the door was very slightly ajar. On guard, she defensively opened the door more fully... but she saw nothing was different in there.

Other than a plain white envelope on her desk that hadn't been there before.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.