Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forged in the Soul

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 21:57:46 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Mira was most certainly puzzled, as she hadn't been expecting any letters of any sort. She had no idea where this was had come from, so she did the expected checks to make sure it was just that, a letter, before taking a seat and grabbing the dagger she used as a letter opener. With that in hand, she opened the letter.

"To Mira,

My apologies for everything that has happened. It was all because of myself, and my shortsightedness. Because of this, I have caused you and your loved ones undue and unnecessary pain. While there is very little, if anything, I can do to fix this, I have done something already for you. When I patted your head that day, I unlocked your potential more fully. As such, your work should improve even more, as long as you apply yourself and never rest on your laurels.

Also, as something more of an apology, you'll find coordinates. They will take you to a location in Norway. The other number is depth. That's how far down this little trinket is. It belonged to a friend of a friend of mine, and I think you'll appreciate it. Hope you like digging, or know a portal user!

-H"

"... what the hell?" Mira wondered before shaking her head and getting to her feet.

"Right then ... portals..." She muttered as she left the office, thinking about who she could ask for help with that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:00:11 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

As she left the office and started to move about, she saw Ilias out of the corner of her eye... and he saw her as well. He looked over towards her, before making his way over, a quizzical expression on his face.

"Hey, Mira." he greeted her.

"...something up?" he asked.

"You look... well... confused and a little befuddled, if I'm being honest." he then commented.

"Something happen?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:02:15 )

Mira was silent for a moment before passing the letter over.

"Found this one my desk." She told him honestly.

"And I'm just... wondering if I eve know any portal users." She added with a light laugh.

"Since ... well, sure, I'm all for digging, but I'm not sure if I have the time, as the depth is ... well, pretty deep."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:05:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias accepted the letter and looked it over, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... for starters, grats on the power boost." he chuckled.

"As for a portal user... ummm..." he then mumbled, before snapping his fingers.

"Oh! Kiah knows Jaden! Jaden Sherwood!" he recalled. "We can go to her and ask if she can get ahold of him and meet with you so you can discuss this." he offered to her.

"She's taking a small break in her office right now, so we wouldn't be interrupting anything."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:10:50 )

Mira was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"Well, that works." She commented.

"I'll go bug her." She added before heading off.

---

She was silent as she looked around.

"... been awhile since I've been here." She admitted after a few seconds, flipping the hood of her sweater up to protect from the wind.

"Anyway." She then said before looking to the letter again, then her phone.

"Let's see..." she muttered, trying to line up where she was, and where the whatever was. It took about ten minutes before she found the exact spot.

"Hey! Down here, Jaden." She then said. "I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:18:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden made his way over, his blonde bangs whipping about in the wind.

He looked at the spot, and rubbed his chin.

"Hmmm..." he mumbled, looking around.

"Not much around except for trees in the distance." he said. "Gorgeous panoramic view, though..." he then commented, almost getting lost in it, before shaking his head.

"Well, I'm going to make a hole in the ground." he told her.

"One of us will need to try and poke our head through to see what's on the other side, and we'll go from there."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:20:31 )

"I'll do it." Mira said.

"I'm the reason we're out here, after all." She then said.

"Also, what's a reward without a little risk?" She asked with a chuckle. "But, I think whatever it is, will be straight down."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:26:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden nodded in response.

"Got it." he said.

He then cracked his knuckles, concentrated, and created the portal on the ground in front of them. After he did, Mira poked her head through... and saw that it was completely dark, other than the little bit of light the portal was letting in from the surface.

She could also see that this was a little pocket cavern underground. Looked to be no bigger than a studio apartment, with a ceiling that just barely exceeded her own height. But she would be able to move about in it, at least.

"How's it look?" Jaden asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 01:27:56 )

Mira pulled her upper half back out of the portal before pausing.

".... It's dark, and feels rather small." She answered.

"Do you happen to have a torch?" She asked before pausing.

"Uhh... flashlight, rather." she added with a chuckle. "Sorry, that's one that I seem to have a hard time getting used to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 03:46:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden just smirked and laughed a little.

"One second." he said.

He then created a smaller portal on the ground and reached into it, pulling out a large yellow flashlight, like one might use in an emergency.

"Always good to have one." he told her.

"Here ya go." he said, handing it over.

"You sure you'll be good down there?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 03:51:18 )

Mira nodded as she accepted the light.

"Yeah, I think so?" She answered.

"Just don't leave me down there for too long. I didn't see any windows or anything, so I might suffocate if left down there for too terribly long. " She added before testing the light to see if it had power. Once she'd ascertained that she just looked into the portal before looking back at Jaden, grinned, and climbed through it, disappearing completely for a few seconds before the light was turned on.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 04:10:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll leave the portal active for as long as I can!" Jaden called back to her. "No real rush!" he said.

When she turned on the light, she found that the small pocket was as big as she had perceived it earlier. And there seemed to be nothing there.

Or, well, there were a few things.

The first thing she noticed was that there were a few... about 4... blades strewn about. They were old and suffering from the ravages of time, but they weren't dust. They appeared to be larger than a dagger, but shorter than a short sword.

The other thing she noticed was a LONG crate-like container, locked up tight. Judging from the length, it was another spear. Or possibly a halberd. Regardless, it was a long weapon for sure.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 04:13:38 )

Mira was silent for a moment as she took in everything, before noticing the crate.

"..... hmmm..." She muttered before shrugging. She cracked the crate open as best she could, which wasn't much with the small amoutn of space in there, and peered inside. She didn't get much of a sight, but she did seen a distinct glean of clean metal.

"Huh." She muttered before straighting up and shrugging.

"Cool." With that, she started to try and get it to the opening, the portal.

YO! Got a long ass crate comin' your way!" She called, hoping he'd hear her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 04:34:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....got it!" she heard back.

She then started to push the crate with all her strength, and she got it over to the portal. Once she started to push it through, she felt Jaden grab hold and pull, until it was completely through.

"It's out!" she heard.

"Safe and sound!" he said further.

"Anything more?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 04:45:40 )

Mira did one last quick look before shrugging and grabbing the blades that were laying around.

"Might as well see if I can repair 'em." She muttered before climbing through the portal again once on the other side, Jaden closed the portal and she approached the crate.

"Thanks." She said with a chuckle.

"Now... let's see what kinda prize is in here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 05:20:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden nodded as she said what she did, and looked at she used one of the blades, and her own strength, to bust open the lock that was keeping the entire container shut. Once that was off, she opened it slowly, and inside, there was a spear.

Though the blade part of it looked a bit like a streamlined trident, if they were being honest.

The blade itself was perfect. It looked clean as a whistle, shiny and brand new, and it shone brilliantly in the sunlight above them. It was remarkable.

The long wooden handle itself was just as.

"...looks like the handle was made not yesterday..." Jaden commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 05:31:14 )

Mira let out a low whistle as she got a proper look at it.

"Lucky me the wood was weathered." She commented. "I got a glimpse of it inside, as best I could considering the space. Really couldn't open it fully because of how small the area was." As she spoke, she was reaching in.

"Never would have been able to get ANY sort of look if the wood weren't weathered as fucking hell." She added as her hands closed around the staff of the spear.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 05:50:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she grabbed the staff, she felt an immense surge of power run through her.

And she felt a connection to it. An oddly familiar one.

In that instant, she had a flash of recognition.

She knew what this was. She knew EXACTLY what this one.

And for her, this was even bigger than finding Aegis.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 05:58:45 )

Mira almost dropped the weapon as she felt what she did. She managed to pull it out, very possibly impressing Jaden considering it was easily twice as long as she was tall.

".......... So. I'm guessing you heard about Aegis, right?" She asked after a few seconds, before taking a few swings with the spear. She made sure he was not in the way, of course. She found it moved through the air brilliantly, easily.

"Of course I did, was all over the news, why?" Jaden asked in response.

"Believe it or not, Jaden, I just beat that." Mira told him before tossing the spear over to him.

"Catch!" She said quickly enough for him to react and catch it.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 06:23:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Wait, what?" Jaden asked, before she tossed it over towards him.

"Woah!" he exclaimed, catching it.

And as soon as he did, his eyes widened... with Mira being able to tell it was for the same reason. Though the chances were good that he didn't FULLY comprehend what he was holding. Not like SHE did, anyway.

"This... this is amazing." he said.

"The sheer power in this weapon is... I can feel it coursing through me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.