Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forged in the Soul

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 08:35:32 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Vienn paused.

"Wait, you mean a legitimate dwarf?" She asked. "as in Norse?"

"... I just thought she was human, if I'm being honest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 09:00:21 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent shook his head.

"She is not human." he responded.

"She is a dwarf. The Norse kind." he went on.

"An amazing weaponsmith... with a liver of iron." he then commented. "Or so it would seem." he continued.

"Richard is really showing it, but she looks strong, still." he mumbled further.

"We may need to have him taken to his room when he-" he started to say further, before the man sat down in a chair, and dropped his glass, promptly passing out and falling asleep.

"...passes out."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 09:02:23 )

Mira just laughed before slamming back the last of what she had.

"damn straight!" She exclaimed cheerfully before approaching Richard and doing a couple of quick checks, namely pulse and temp. And making sure he was still breathing. Once that was ascertained, she, with almost no difficulty at all, got him onto her back, even with the height difference, and approached the others.

"Enjoy the show?" She asked with a laugh.

"Now, where am I taking him? Best he sleeps this off. Man can drink though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 09:27:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just sighed and gave her his room number.

"Key should be in his pocket." he said.

"You're heftin' him up there?" James asked. "Want help?" he asked further.

"Nah, I'm good." Mira responded.

"You going to be coming back?" James then asked her.

"You barely touched any of the food, and there's still plenty left." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 13:08:33 )

Mira nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be back once I drop this one off." She assured them before heading off.

Sure enough, about fifteen minutes later, she'd returned to the party and looked around, taking stock of the food. She was finding herself rather hungry, but that really wasn't surprising.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 23:36:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Once Vincent noticed she was back, he made his way over.

"I notice you barely seem to be affected by all the alcohol." he commented.

"I admit, you dwarves have a tolerance of the Gods when it comes to that stuff." he laughed.

"Regardless, feel free to eat as much as you like, mingle wherever, with whomever, this is really for you." he told her.

"You really accomplished something on this dig, Mira. And we are proud to have been a part of it." he said sincerely.

"..." he was then silent, before looking around.

"Though if you want, you and Richard didn't get into the BEST stuff we have here, if you'd like some of THAT." he revealed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 23:43:29 )

"Definitely happy to help." Mira commented.

"And better stuff? That wasn't bad." She commented. "It was easily better than what I normally drink. Then again, I actually like cheap stuff."

"Now then, I think I'mma raid the food." She added with a laugh

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 00:10:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent chuckled in response.

"You do that, then." he said.

Sure enough, they partied throughout the night, and the following morning, mostly everyone was tired and hungover. Except for Vincent and Mira. Vincent because he didn't drink much, and he was used to late nights and such. And Mira because... she was Mira.

After the goodbyes had been said, with Richard reluctantly congratulating her on her victory, she was sent off back to San Diego, with the promise that the spear would be waiting for her in her office by the time she got there.

She made her way back to the Unit, and as soon as she stepped up to the security desk, the one there smiled at her.

"Mira!" he exclaimed.

"Welcome back!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 00:12:43 )

Mira greeted him with a two finger casual salute.

"Yo, Jake" She said, stepping up to the entry desk.

"Miss me?" She asked with a laugh. "Surely you barely noticed I wasn't here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 03:16:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake smirked a little and reached his fist forward, with her doing the same. They bumped them and his tongue darted out slightly.

"...hah." he laughed.

"I can smell that it's you, and I can smell the booze in you." he told her.

"And normally I don't smell it like THAT unless you were recently in some kinda contest." he went on, leaning back a little in his chair. "So? Didja humiliate them?" he asked her.

"And who was the trickster in this?" he asked further.

"C'mon, gimme the details." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 03:18:53 )

Mira just laughed.

"Very true. Easy to ID that, no?" She asked.

"And yeah. Last night." She added before pausing.

"Yesterday...? Oh whatever. Timezones fuck me up." She admitted. "Anyway, Dr. Richard Johansen."

"One of the main people that I was working with." She added after a moment or two. "Apparently he's pretty proud of how he drinks everyone under teh table." She paused a moment before laughing.

"Then again, he didn't realise WHAT I am."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 03:36:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake's smug smirk was easy to see. But it was because he LOVED hearing about how she could take people down a peg or three.

"Hah!" he laughed.

"Awesome!" he said.

"Well, welcome back, Mira." he repeated, buzzing her in.

"...listen." he then said, his voice far more serious right now. "I know Sharp is the first step in returning, obviously, but... you really should seek out Peyton after that." he told her.

"Seriously, she's missed you something fierce." he went on.

"She hasn't been miserable or anything, but... it's easy to see she... doesn't like falling asleep at night, knowing you're not there with her to do so, or will be there when she wakes up." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 03:39:45 )

Mira just sighed lightly.

"I know." She told him honestly.

"I've been chatting with her daily." She added. "And I've seen, heard, how much she misses me. To be fair, it was really weird to sleep alone for the first time in... I don't even know how long now." She admitted.

"So, yes. I will definitely be going to speak with her after I'm done with Sharp. Thanks for looking out for her, by the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 03:59:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake smiled warmly as she said that.

"Hey, she's a friend." he said. "And I look out for my friends." he told her.

"Anyway, get going." he finished with a light laugh.

With that, they parted ways, and she made her way to Hal's office with a few people greeting her along the way. She reached the receptionist's office, and was told she could immediately head in.

She did, and when she shut the door behind her and looked at Hal, she saw he had a proud smile on his face.

"Welcome back, Agent Greyson." he greeted her.

"I understand this was an enriching experience for you, to understate it." he chuckled, gesturing for her to take a seat.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 04:02:15 )

Mira paused a moment.

"Ilias spill the beans?" She asked with a laugh.

"I never told him to keep it quiet though, so that's fair." She added.

"And yeah. That's one way to say it, definitely. Hair needs a touch up though, it's so faded from the sun." She admitted with a laugh.

"Any unexpected hiccups with me gone or anything?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 04:22:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, it was Ilias." Hal confirmed with a chuckle. "Kiah curbed his enthusiasm pretty quickly, though. But you'll probably be bombarded with questions from him when you show up in R&D." he warned.

"As for your hair, feel free to take a day off to get that done." he said. "You'll probably need a day or two to get back into the swing of things here, anyway." he reasoned.

"And unexpected hiccups? Not really." he said. "...though this should come as no surprise to you, Peyton's been a busy little beaver, even for her." he went on. "Not concerningly so or anything, buuuut I'm sure Jake's told you about it already." he shrugged.

"Just go see her after this. Or... well, she'll find YOU, I'm sure." he told her. "...possibly be waiting for you to ambush you after you leave my office..." he then muttered.

"Still, excellent work out there." he said, changing the subject.

"Turned out better than anyone could have ever hoped."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 04:26:11 )

"Yeahhhhh I'll need a couple days to get readjusted to this timezone. Ten hour difference is really screwing me up." Mira commented, stifling a yawn.

"I'll be good in a day or two on that front. But Pey and I also live in the building, so I can work on anything at any hour I want too. Time really isn't an issue." She paused a moment, seeming to be thinking.

".... and I'd put money down she knows I'm here and is sitting and waiting for me just outside that door." She agreed with a laugh.

"But I'm really not surprised. I AM surprised, however, that just... HOW the hell did the one that had been found ages ago been so mistaken? I don't get it, really."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 04:47:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just shrugged.

"People wanted to believe." he said.

"As for mana-IDing and such, it was assumed that the weapon had just... lost it." he told her. "Nobody knew how the Gods treated their weapons. For all they knew, the mana was taken out. Or it leaked out after Zeus 'retired'. Or he decided to not put any in it at all." he went on.

"Yes, some theories were more quickly debunked." he quickly clarified.

"Point is... it was the only one found. It fit the description. It was carbon-dated to be in the same era." he continued.

"That's pretty decent evidence."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 04:48:30 )

Mira paused.

"All right, that's fair. I didn't think of all that." She admitted.

"I think I'm more just in awe that I found anything substantial, to be honest." She added.

"Because... holy hell."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 05:08:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"MORE than substantial, my dear." Hal responded.

"You may have very well just opened up a new chapter in studying deities." he told her.

"The significance of your discovery cannot be overstated." he insisted.

"But, regardless, you're here just to say if there's any problems or issues that need addressing." he then said.

"If not, I'll finish up the file on this for the Council, and... you can get back to your life."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.