Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forged in the Soul

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:27:15 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, Agent Sharp recommended you." Vincent laughed.

"We need someone in the mana world that has intimate knowledge of weapons. Not just swords." he told her.

"I know of a few that are into swords, but I've been told you deal with all kinds. Swords, axes, shields, spears, halberds, the works." he went on.

"And this is an exciting opportunity for you, is it not?" he then asked.

"It's once-in-a-lifetime for most people."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:31:35 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Mira just chuckled lightly.

"I meant more about what is here. I know you wanted me because of the recommendation from Sharp, but I mean why you were even looking for someone in the first place." She clarified.

"And yeah. Mostly stuff with blades of some sort, but I'm pretty good with firearms too. I can ID and clean almost any sort of firearm, along with repair blades and ID them without much issue at all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:32:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhh." Vincent responded.

"Well... see, we all know about how fragile artefacts can be. However, weapons... especially those made with mana, and those made for... or perhaps BY... Gods... are very different." he went on.

"The last thing we want to do is disturb the weapons and potentially break them, or incur the wrath of a deity." he reasoned.

"We do all we can to preserve these sites, and what is contained within." he went on.

"If we cannot take them out and study them, we can at least have an expert tell us what they know, without harming the weapons."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:33:52 )

Mira just chuckled lightly.

"That makes complete sense." She commented.

"However, I am surprised that you and your team didn't already have one on contract or something." She added.

"Or one in the city we're in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:34:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You'd be surprised how few weapon experts there are in the mage community." Vincent responded.

"Among those that are aware of mana and such things, it's almost becoming a lost art. Forgotten knowledge." he told her. "Now, that's not to say weaponsmithing for mages is in danger, no, no, no. But the knowledge of ancient weapons forged from, or with mana, or those relating to Gods? It's dying." he admitted.

"Sadly, the prevailing attitude seems to be that there's really nothing we need to learn about them, as all we need to do is move forward, and leave the past as... well... the past." he sighed. "For weapons, specifically." he stressed.

"And I admit, we DO know of some people that we could get out there, but... well... to be frank, I don't like any of them." he admitted to her frankly. "They are uppity, they are full of themselves, and think of themselves as superior because they are, in their words, 'preserving a dying art, so show us some damned respect, you foolish plebs'." he then grumbled.

"However, from what Agent Sharp has told me about you, you have the farthest thing from that attitude, and are the perfect person to have here." he then added in a lighter and happier tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:39:39 )

Mira just sighed.

"Yeah, sounds about right." She commented.

"I've been one or two in the past. Definitely delightful individuals. Oh what was his name.... Spencer....? Yeah, I think. Anyway, dumbass with blue hair. I think he was some sort of water mage or creature or something? Looked human, at least. Anyway, was talking down to me like I was a child, because I am small and young."

"I may be a dwarf, and I can be as ... feisty as one, but damn I'm good. I don't usually want to break someone's neck like I did his." She admitted.

"... and sorry. Just he pissed me off to no end."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:53:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent merely shook his head in response.

"Ah, Dr. Finnegan." he recalled.

"Yes, he's... he had an aura of smug superiority to him." he agreed. "...still does." he muttered. "He does not have many friends in the scientific community, to the surprise of nobody." he told her further.

"He is NOT one I enjoy working with." he went on, looking odd to the side a bit.

"Regardless, I think you'll be a much better fit for this particular site and expedition." he then said.

"You seem much more humble. Less arrogant."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/11 23:56:42 )

"Oh, I can be a cocky bitch when needed." Mira assured him.

"Buuuut you end up locked up because of your weapons collections a few times, and it tends to drag ya down a bit to a more ... normal level." She added with a alugh.

"That's actually how Sharp found me, too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 00:19:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent merely smirked.

"Sounds like him." he said.

"He's a softie for hard-luck cases." he went on. "And he runs an organisation where one of its primary functions is to HELP people down on their luck, like you were." he continued.

"He's a perfect fit for the job." he said further.

"Can't really see that place functioning without him." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 00:24:25 )

Mira just chuckled at Vincent's comment.

"Nope. Doubt it would do well." She agreed with a nod.

"Ty doesn't do bad though, when Sharp's unavailable for whatever reason." She paused slightly. "He's no Sharp though, admittedly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 00:50:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Like myself, when my sister needs someone to fill in for her." Vincent responded.

"I keep the place from collapsing. I am NOT the person for the job, though." he then muttered. "I'd be miserable if that were ME as Head of The Council." he went on, but then shook his head.

"But enough about me." he then said.

"We'll be at the site shortly." he told her.

"I'll introduce you to everyone when we get there, and you may get people looking at you or they look like they're staring, but I assure you it'll be because you're a new face, and nothing more." he assured her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 00:55:52 )

"I can deal with stares. I just don't like when people talk down to me because of my age, and stature." Mira commented.

When they did arrive, she climbed out of the vehicle before looking around, making sure to have some shades on to protect her eyes from the bright sun as well. She also couldn't deny that even as ruins, the place was gorgeous, and it was a right treat to b there.

"Aight, lead the way Dr. Remmington." She said to Vincent once he'd climbed out of the vehicle as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 01:15:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Vincent responded.

With that, the two of them made their way to where there was a smaller group of people, near the base of the mountain, and when one looked over and noticed them, they waved, causing the others to do so.

Vincent waved back, and when they were within speaking range, Mira noticed the small group was comprised of 2 males and 1 female. 3 and 2, with them joining them.

"Mira, these are Doctors Johansen, Vienn, and Lanston." he introduced them, gesturing to the first male, the female, and then the second male, respectively. "Everyone, this is Agent Mira Greyson from The Unit in San Diego." he told them further.

"Nice to meet you." the one with short black-hair and green eyes stated. This was Dr. Lanston, and he looked to be about 5'8'', with a bit of a slim build.

"Charmed." Dr. Johansen greeted her, pushing a longer brown bang away from his eye, and bowed to her slightly, his shoulder-length hair drooping forward slightly. He seemed to stand at 5'10'', and had a bit more muscular build. Nothing too much, though.

Of the three, the tallest seemed to be Dr. Vienn, who stood just shy of 6 feet, and had long naturally red hair, tied back in a ponytail, and she was the only one that wore glasses between the three as well.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 01:21:59 )

"Welcome." Vienn said with a smile. Mira just waved.

"Pleasure." The dwarf answered as she shifted the bag she had. It didn't have anything really useful for what she was there for, as she knew she didn't need any tools, but it did have some supplies for her. water, snacks, stuff to keep her going.

"Shortest one here, can't say I'm surprised." she added with a laugh.

"You seem to have quite a reputation if what we've been told is anything to go by." Vienn commented.

"You sure you're up to the task?" She asked.

"Oh definitely. Could argue weaponry is literally in my blood." Mira answered with a smirk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 01:46:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's what we like to hear!" Dr. Lanston declared with a laugh.

"Glad to have you aboard!" he told her.

"Has Dr. Remmington filled you in about everything here?" Dr. Johansen asked her.

"He has, indeed." Mira responded.

"Then, considering the time, shall we venture back in?" he then suggested to the group. "I don't know about you lot, but I am eager to find out more about these weapons." he added with a smirk.

"I'm game if the rest of you are." Dr. Lanston chimed in.

"I am as well." Vincent said.

"Ladies?" he then asked Dr. Vienn and Mira.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 02:00:08 )

"It's what I'm here for, after all." Mira commented as a means of saying yes.

"Of course. Let's go." Vienn answered with a nod.

"Lead the way then." Mira said with a chuckle. "I doubt you want me to. I dunno where I'd be going."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 02:19:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Off we go!" Lanston declared.

After they made sure they had everything, they entered the door, and made their way through a complex system of hallways and corridors, with Mira noticing all of the Ancient Greek symbols and writing around. It was as though she'd stepped into the past.

Overall, it took them about 10 minutes, but they reached the room in question, and when it was illuminated, she saw MANY old weapons laying around, or on display. Swords, shields, spears, halberds, a few axes, bows, remnants of arrows.

This really seemed to be a weapons stockpile room.

"Feel free to explore to your heart's content." Lanston told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 03:23:07 )

As soon as she stepped into the room, Mira felt... something. She couldn't identify it, couldn't place it, couldn't even properly vocalise it. There was just... something... there. Something reacting with some sort of whatever within her.

She had no idea how to make sense of it either.

"... Yeah, sounds good." She said as she looked around, honestly amazed at how many weapons were there, along with trying ot figure out where what she felt was coming from.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 03:59:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The group just smiled at how Mira seemed to be marveling at it all, but Vincent could tell there was something more to it. He wasn't sure what, exactly, but he could tell there was SOMETHING going on with her.

As Mira looked around the room and examined the various weapons, she could tell that the majority of them... at least three-quarters, were still 'good'. They had tons of surface rust to them, but something told her that they could all still fight, if properly restored.

However, one particular weapon... the one that she felt... something... from... was in the corner of the room, behind some shields. It looked to be a spear of sorts, and it looked like a magnificent one. The handle looks study and unbreakable, and she could almost see the sheen and shine of the blade, hidden deep under the layers of rust on the blade.

It looked like it cried out to be set free. To be rejuvenated. To once again feel the glory of battle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 04:08:24 )

Mira paused a moment as she found the spear, looking it from top to bottom. She had no idea what it was about this weapon that seemed to reach out and call to her very soul.

What the hell is with this thing... she wondered as she reached out and grasped it. Her hands closed around the metal grip, before she staggered back a few paces as she let go with a small exclamation of surprise. Her hand was singed, but it wasn't anything serious. She just looked to the spear with an almost quizzical, curious, expression.

.... Ow." She muttered. "Damned thing attacked me." She added when someone approached.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.