Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forged in the Soul

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 07:44:14 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"I... I've tried talking to her, too." Peyton commented, her voice quiet.

"She just... doesn't seem to acknowledge my existence. And it seems to be getting worse." She continued.

"I ... I don't think she's slept in awhile..." She paused a moment before shaking her head.

"What can Hal do anyway? Order her to undergo a psych evaul? As if that will make any difference." There was definitely hope there, hope that it would help, that Hal could, but... she wasn't entirely convinced.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 08:05:25 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake paused for a moment, thinking about it.

"Well, a few things." he said.

"As you said, he can order an evaluation." he told her.

"But they're friends as well. He can appeal to THAT." he went on.

"You know Hal. He has a way of making things happen." he then said with a confident smile.

"He's a miracle worker."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 08:14:27 )

Peyton didn't say anything for a few seconds before just sighing, heavily.

"... do... do you know if he's busy today...?" She aske,d her voice curious. She didn't exactly agree with going, as she didn't really think it would make a difference, but she couldn't deny the fact that he should know. Yes, Hal was a friend, and yes he did deserve to know what was going on. Especially if it started to interfere with her work.

Granted, the fox was starting to wonder if anything could be done. Going to Greece had changed Mira, it seemed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 08:28:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Not overly." Jake responded.

"From what I recall, he had a bunch of meetings in the morning, but the rest of his day is pretty much catching up on some paperwork and filing." he said.

"So now's a good time to bother him." he assured her.

"Please. You owe it to Mira to try and find out what's happening." he went on.

"She loves you. And you love her." he continued.

"I don't know what happened in Greece, but... it surely can't drive a wedge between two as close as you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 12:13:48 )

Peyton didn't say anything before just giving him a hug. She needed SOME sort of comfort at the moment, and he was a particularly good friend of hers, so it made sense.

After a few, she pulled back though before sighing.

"I... yeah. I'm going to go... hopefully... maybe he' can help." She said simply.

"I know... I ... I know he's damn good, but... but I don't..." She just shook her head.

"Thanks, Jake..." She said quietly before heading off, leaving Jake to what he was doing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:54:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake didn't really have time to say much else before she left, and when she did, he narrowed his eyes.

"Mira..." he said.

"I don't know what the hell's going on with you, but if you hurt Peyton..." he started to say further, his tone darkening considerably near the end, before he shook it off lightly, and forced himself to calm down.

'No. There has to be an explanation for this.' he thought, taking a few deep breaths.

Meanwhile, Hal was filing away a stack of papers he had just finished, when his receptionist buzzed him, saying Peyton was there to see him. He was silent for a moment, before telling her to send her in.

She did, and immediately he could tell something was eating at her. And he hoped it wasn't anything to do with Mira.

"Something wrong?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 22:05:53 )

Peyton closed the door before making her way over and just sitting down, although it would be more 'flopping down' or something with the wait it was done.

"I..." She started.

"... Something's going on with Mira..." She then said. "I don't know what, but ever since she returned from Greece... she's... she's changed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 22:26:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal didn't even hesitate.

"...I figured." he said.

He then leaned forward a bit, and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Did the time off she asked for weeks ago not help?" he asked.

"She took 3 days off... with you alongside... to try and calm herself down and be with you." he went on.

"Has that not helped at all?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 22:29:46 )

"It... it kind of did?" Peyton answered.

"But... I don't know.. just..." She paused a moment as she seemed to realise something.

"I ... I think it's here that is the issue." She told him bluntly.

"She... she was fine, normal, when we were gone for that time. And then coming back here, it's just... it's getting worse... and worse..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 22:59:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal narrowed his eyes when Peyton said all this.

"...I see." he said.

"Something happened in Greece. But I don't know WHAT..." he growled.

"I intend to get to the bottom of it, though." he the stated, standing up.

"Come on." he said.

"We're going to see her. The both of us. NOW." he told her.

"And we're going to find out WHAT is wrong with her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 23:02:56 )

Pyton didn't say anything before nodding. She knew that she couldn't stop him, and certainly didn't want to try. She wanted to know, too.

Mira had been her everything for so long... to be shoved aside as she had been was... jarring.

"Y... yeah... let's go." She said quietly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 23:28:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

With that, the two of them were out of his office, down to R&D, went past all that were there, and stopped at the closed door to Mira's office.

"Mira!" Hal said, knocking heavily on the door.

"Mira, open this door! Now!" he demanded.

No answer.

"Mira, we're coming in!" Hal then stated, before opening the door and stepping inside.

Only to find that Mira... was not there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 23:34:33 )

"What...?" Peyton asked.

"What are... where....?" She asked, knowing he couldn't answer that.

---

She made her way up to the interrogation department before looking around. When she saw who she was looking for, she made her way over. There were a few words before they left to go somewhere a bit more private.

About ten minutes after that, The shorter woman left the room, a bit of a satisfied smirk on her face. Now she just needed to get rid of that spear.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 23:56:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent as he saw she wasn't there. And neither was the spear.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"We need to see if anyone's seen her." he told Peyton.

---

Virgil looked back at the entrance to the interrogation department, before looking back at another that was there.

"Hey, Erica?" he said.

"Roxie left with Mira a bit ago." he commented. "Been almost a half-hour." he went on.

"And Mira said that it wouldn't take long at all. Think something happened?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 23:59:24 )

The one he'd addressed, Erica, paused.

"... Not... sure." She told him honestly.

"They can get into gabfests sometimes, not often but it has happened." She added.

"If you're worried about it, I think they went down that hall over tehre." She continued. "Go check?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/17 00:18:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Virgil was silent for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Nah. It's... probably nothing." he said.

"Virgil, it's okay." Erica responded. "You know she finds it flattering when you worry about her." she added with a light laugh.

Virgil's face turned red for a moment, before he cleared his throat and stood up.

"Right. I'll be back in a second, then." he told her.

He then quickly left the department, and made his way down the hall, wondering what room they might have gone in... but his attention was grabbed when he saw some concerning blood droplets on the floor, and a room whose door was ever-so-slightly ajar.

"...please let this be just my being stupid." he mumbled, rushing to the door and opening it, seeing a figure laying motionless on the floor.

"ROXIE!?" he exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/17 00:24:14 )

The one on the floor didn't respond. Her blonde hair was splayed out, every which way, and soaked in blood... as was it seemed everything else about her. As he got close to check, he found that he ... could find nothing. No heartbeat, not breath.

The only thing stopping him from outright freaking out was the fact that he knew she wasn't human, therefore meaning that the chances were taht she would be fine. Right?

However, he could normally feel her mana, feel the presence of it, quite well. At the moment, it wasn't there, at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/17 00:43:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"No, no, no, no, no..." Virgil repeated, stepping up close and looking her over. He paled as he couldn't sense her mana, before taking his phone out and calling an emergency to the medial wing, telling them where he was.

He then looked back at Roxie, and bit his bottom lip.

"Who did this...?" he asked.

"It... it couldn't have been Mira... right...?" he asked himself further.

"There HAS to be another explanation!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/17 01:16:49 )

It didn't take too long, only about twenty minutes later, before someone new approached the office.

"Hey, Sharp?" She asked as she poked her head into the room, where she found both Hal and Peyton looking through Mira's PC.

"Oh, hey Ebony." Peyton greeted with a wave.

".... what are you two doing down here...?" Ebony then asked after a moment or two.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/17 01:39:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked over to the woman, and sighed quietly.

"Looking for Mira." he responded.

"Or for any clue as to what the hell is going on with her." he said further.

"She's not been acting herself, it's been affecting her friends and loved ones, so we came here to confront her on it. And found she was not here." he then explained to her.

"...why are YOU here?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.