Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Nintendo Direct! 2/17

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 21:07:17 )

OMGOMGOMG You guys, there is going to be a brand new, full length Nintendo Direct when this post is 2 hours old. Link to the American Direct here

It's been way too long. The last full direct was in Sept 2019! How crazy is that. What are some of the games you are hoping they will talk about today? Any games from the presentation got you excited? Did they leave out a game you were hoping they would cover?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 21:13:47 )

Since I'm writing this before it happens I'm going to say what I'm looking forward to-
I want to see new news about Shin Megami Sensei V~ I believe we are getting it in 2021 unless it was pushed back, but I want to know more about the game. Dates would be nice but also in game graphics please. We have only seen very small movie trailers. Which demons are going to be in it?
(Side note, we need a SMT Nocturne release date, last we heard was Spring 2021, but it's almost that time)

Rune Factory 5~! So excited for this game. Japan is getting it during Golden Week I believe, so maybe we can get it by holiday 2021? I feel like it's going to be a 2022 game for the west, but here's to hoping! We have seen a bit about this game from Japanese trailers. I love the character designs. I would like to see more about the crafting systems.

New Pokemon Snap! Tell me how many levels, show me more! Can I connect to the internet or print out my photos? What else can I do besides just taking a simple picture of a Pokemon.

Bayonetta 3. Come on, we need more info!

Anything Zelda, it's 35 years old this year. We need game remakes and BOTW2 news.

Fire Emblem, 30 years old this year. So I want to see remakes and/or a new game. 3 Houses was super good. I don't know how they are going to top that.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 22:01:07 )

Im really excited haha, it's been a LONG time

I picked up 3 Houses again so I'm in a Fire Emblem mood. if they do a remake, I'm hoping for FE9 (Path of Radiance) remake of Roy/Eliwood's game would be nice too

Pokemon is 25 years old this month. please sir I want the Diamond and Pearl remake SO BAD..

I think it's likely we'll get a new smash bros dlc fighter... idk who tho ADLFKJD

I'm not really sure what else but im hype for any news in general, im starving nintendo, take my money

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 22:07:33 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I keep seeing people on Twitter with these wild claims like wanting metroid and botw2 but the details of the direct just say first half of 2021 so I figure we will get more details about Pokémon’s snap, new smash people, maybe details to animals crossing updates, story of seasons. I want them to say more about SMT nocturne at the very least if not SMT V.

Tho then again- diamond and pearl remakes please and thank you lol

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 22:47:48 )

@Hachi: Please give us FE remakes. I bet you they are going to do Roy's game next. I don't remember what the GBA FE was called. lol ^^; FE9 would be nice because that game is soo rare. T_T I never got to play it because of that. I would love to see the remakes, but I think Pokemon Company is saving that news for the 27th. Gen 4 remakes are big need.
Nintendo, I need you to give me more video games. k thx.
Congrats on your new title! I didn't know until I saw your post. <3333

@Fading Kings: I know you are right, but let us dream T_T They better give us more SMT news of some sort though. I feel like there is no point on waiting for Metroid. That game has been in the works for how long? T_T AC updates. That would be nice to see too.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 22:48:40 )

@koneko: Yes, yes, yes! All great suggestions. I don't know why Nintendo hasn't released Mother 3, they could make so much money off of it and it's pretty much a meme now. People would pick it up just for that.

12 mins until it starts!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 23:06:43 )

I am going to type out my feelings here as they occur and post them in the end!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 23:11:36 )

Yay Pyra

I want that Famicon Detective Club. I like visual novels.

Wow the original Legend of Mana~ it looks nice

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 23:51:10 )

Finally they updated Miis! Or at least what they look like in Miitopia. Can those added options be everywhere that does Miis?

Yay Mario + AC. I need that pipe to quick travel lol

Yay I new Octopath type game ^^ oh it’s tactical. That’s great. And multiple endings? I’m getting this.

Skyward Sword HD bby! Those Joy cons are big need!!

Splatoon 3!!! Wow 2022 but that’s cool.

No SMT or RF5 news. I’m so sad :(
New Pokémon Snap is probably going to be shown on the Pokémon stream so that’s fine.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 23:51:24 )

Well mostly just going to post about things I care about:

• Called the new smash but I don't play smash so I'm just meh. When the King of All Cosmos is in the game then I'm in.
  • Falls guys for the switch I am pumped for. I'll end up playing it more now.
  • I don't know what the detective club is but murder sounds like fun.
  • I did not call Mario Golf, but I never play the Mario sports games so I most likely won't pick it up. (Though speed golf looks fun... and story mode....)
  • Stubbs the zombie looks like a lot of fun!
  • I was just thinking about PVZ the other day!!! I'm kinda excited to play it.
  • I had Miitopia on my DS so won't pick it up on my switch but its such a cute game I recommend it!
  • Animal crossing update! Though I was hoping they'd say more than just Mario, but I love the items and being able to warp on the island is amazing.
  • Triangle Strategy?! Looks like fun, reminds me of Octopath traveler in style but fire emblem in battle style - I will pick up the demo tonight.
  • HADES!!!!!! I have it digitally, but I love this game so much. I might... pick it up for the art book.
  • Bravely Default 2! I still need to finish bravely second.
  • I hated skyward sword so much. It is the only LOZ game I never beat because it was just so empty and the wii controls were awful. Thank god there is no requirement for motion control now!
  • I WANT THE NEW JOYCON CONTROLERS.

wHERE THE heck is my SMT update nintendo?! Ya'll said spring 2021 for nocturne on the website but where is it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 00:43:58 )

@Fading Kings: I'm so upset about no SMT update for either game. Like what the heck? Did we all dream that it's coming out in the west. T_T
I'm excited for Triangle Strategy. 2D HD + Tactical RPG is a buy from me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 00:53:23 )

triangle strategy seems interesting, I'll try out the demo later
I still haven't played Hades (altho I've been meaning to) so maybe I'll buy physical. the art book looks cool
the zelda joycons are very nice and I wish I had an excuse to buy more joycons ALDKFJ
I like the game-changing warp mechanic they just introduced for ac tho?? finally a way to navigate my cluttered island with ease

@Totalanimefan: yeah, or at least I wish they'd port the old FE games onto the switch, they are really inaccessible otherwise
OKAY I'll wait patiently for the pokemon direct on the 27th.. I hope it'll be amazing asldfk
ahh thanks! I guess I haven't posted in a while huh.. it's been busy but things are calming down so I'll try to chat more

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 01:01:48 )

@Hachi:

Trying to buy a copy of the older fe games is wild. I had path of radiance and radiant dawn but my wii/gamecube are busted so I sold them on ebay. I got $175 alone for just POR and it was missing the book - RD was $100. I was shocked (though happy because moving expenses).

I would love a remaster/HD of the game, though would prefer a remaster since POR and RD have the old limited support system and could use a little TLC to make a great game even better.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 01:35:43 )
Another Nintendo Direct and another let down for me lol. I don't know what I want from Nintendo anymore, I feel like I'm just not as in to what they put out as I used to be.

I liked Skyward Sword when I first played it so I'm debating picking up the remake, and those Joycons ... I need them! They're gorgeous!
I'm interested in Triangle Strategy because I love tactical RPGs and the tactics looked really good from what was shown.
Worlds End Club piqued my interest only because I love Danganronpa and the Zero Escape Series.
Splatoon 3 I'll probably end up getting because I loved Splatoon 2. It's a fun game to play with others and I love playing it for game nights at my brothers.
I'm also interested in No More Heroes 3 because I liked the other games, probably not a day 1 buy for me though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 02:50:47 )

@Fading kings: yeah the prices are insane!! it's nice that they helped you out in a pinch tho. I managed to borrow RD from a friend but I still never played PoR. I watched a Lets Play bc I was desperate (not desperate enough to spend >$200 tho ALDFKJL)

aww that would be amazing, please intsys.. I want it...
I really appreciate the support system in recent games. there's a lot more opportunity to learn about the characters

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 02:58:57 )

@Hachi:

It was so frustrating that you could only have 5 support messages period not even enough to have two full ones so you had to think carefully about which characters you wanted to learn more about and just Soren was my favorite (the big old bag of dicks) and thankfully his choices were limited but like- yeah
more support and a system where you can like move around and talk with people like in three houses would be amazing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 03:02:22 )

I will be down with Splatoon 3 if they actually let you choose who you are teaming up with and not the random thing that they did for two. Let me play with my friends in totally fun and not competitive drunk Splatoon

Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 04:25:37 )

@Hachi: I was pretty surprised there wasn’t any FE news. :( Sad times.
27th for Pokémon news makes sense it just sucks.
I hope to see you around more. Are you busy cause you have been working on the site, or you meant in RL? How was your Lunar Nee Year?

@Megaame: that Worlds End Club does look good. You might also like the Famicon Detective Series. Those seemed cool too. I have played any of the No More Hero’s games. I heard they were good though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 22:06:16 )

@Fading kings: HAHA soren's great tho.. he's an asshat but his backstory is so good
yeah I ended up spending time on youtube watching support convos?? bc I felt like I missed out
I enjoy the monastery part of 3H a lot. let me get attached to all these characters and then make me suffer for it later

@Totalanimefan: dying right?? maybe next time..
here, I'll take this convo over to your other thread ;3c I'll complain there ALDJFKLJ

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 00:10:46 )

Maybe more FE news for E3? Will Nintendo do some annoucments around June? Who knows T_T

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.