Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Mobile pony game?

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 22:15:52 )
I used to play a game called Derby Days by Com2us. It was a psuedo farm/breeding game. The main draw was that you breed two ponies together to get a new pony with similar traits/colors to its parents.

Like, if you had a unicorn and a pegasus you could possibly get a unicorn, pegasus, or an alicorn. Another possibility was getting a foal with one parents traits and another parents coloring, etc. There were also cash only event ponies but you didn't need to buy them as long as you had a friend with one to breed with. Eventually you could breed to exactly that pony. Or mix and match until you got something really wild lol.

Anyway, it's defunct now and I've been looking for a new game for awhile. I would prefer horse/pony theme but anything with similar breeding mechanics would be welcome too.

EDIT: I will say that Dragonvale is the closest I've come to the same experience with the "farm" to breeding aspect. Except Dragonvale's breeds are preset (and sometimes really hard to get orz)

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 23:01:31 )
That game sounds really fun! Sorry to hear it’s gone now. I don’t have any suggestions but I hope you find something!
ping me for best results

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 23:48:05 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Lilykin: That sounds alot like Ovipets imo.
However Ovipets have difrent pets, but you can chose wich ones youd want to own tho. There horses and i think they might have added ponys at one point too? no sure.
I must say, from experience, this game takes alot of your time.

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 00:30:20 )
@Synth: It really was. I quit playing when my old phone couldn't handle it anymore and when I got a new phone it wasn't in the app store anymore ☹

@GoblinsAndTea: Ovipets wasn't for me. I really like the having the farm/decorating aspect to my games.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 02:43:09 )
I used to play a game called Pocket Frogs... it's definitely not going to be as robust as that, but you basically just breed different kinds of frogs. I also played it until it exploded my phone, but I'm actually re-downloading it right now (since that was 2 upgrades ago)

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 05:18:51 )
@Priestess of Pie: Pocket frogs is cute, but it's more of a collecting game than a breeding game. You might like Dragonvale

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 05:34:25 )
It's sad when a mobile game shuts down. :( There's some I miss that are no longer available to play.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 18:58:41 )
@lilykin: I'll have to heck it out. I do love dragons.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 04:49:49 )
@KittyBeary: This is actually the only mobile game I've lost (unless you count all my kindle games that won't let play until I update *shakes fist*). But there are sooo many web games/forums I miss 😢

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 04:51:13 )
@KDA Drew: You can actually get all the dragons without ever paying! The holiday dragons return every event so if you miss out on new ones you can buy or breed them next year. There's also lots of ways to get premium currency for free. Plus, you get special login bonuses, like eggs with a guaranteed new dragons and a "wish" like once a year you can use on anything. It really is one of the more generous mobile games. Idk about the art. Putting out 4-5 new dragons every event, they can't all be winners XD

I've wasted waaay too much time on merge games lol. They're fun, but basically all the same, and so much is actually locked behind a paywall. I'm really looking for something closer to the free for all rng breeding. (Plus a cute farm to display them on 😂)
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 05:34:06 )
@Lilykin: I used to play Miitomo and I miss it ;-; Also Sailor Moon Drops.....

I think there's others I played that shut down but I forget the names of them D:
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 07:20:05 )
Ah a pity... Miitomo was really cute. It was a HUGE resource hog though so I couldn't even keep it on my phone. I guess we'll always have Tomodachi Life.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.