Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Games you're looking forward to this year?

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:40:00 )

Are there any games coming out this year that you're excited for?

For me, I'm looking forward to:

New Pokémon Snap
I loved the first game when I was little, and now there's finally going to be a sequel!

Rune Factory 5
I've only played one Rune Factory game before, and I liked it a lot. I've been thinking about getting Rune Factory 4 Special to play in the meantime.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
I liked the original game, so it'll be fun to play it again as well as the new content.

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town
It's been a while since I really got into a Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon game(although I did play Stardew Valley a lot), but I think I'll give this one a try. It seems cute.

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 02:26:18 )

OMG I’m super looking forward to Rune Factory 5 too! I’m so excited. I just love 4 so much. I have over 100 hours on the switch one and I think like 60 on the 3DS one.

I might buy the Story of Seasons one to hold me over.

I can’t wait for Snap too! There was a real switch games drought in 2020 besides the first quarter. I also loved the original snap. It was my first N64 game.

As for games you didn’t mention,
Shin Megami Tensei 5!! I also played the 4th one of this and have played Persona games too.
And SMT Nocturne. It’s a remake but I didn’t play the original.

An indie game called Picontier made by the same person who did Kamiko if anyone played that on the Switch or Stream.
Twitter here

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:01:22 )
RUNE FACTORY. I need it. Have y'all seen the char designs yet? Everyone is adorable.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:07:31 )

Yes I have seen the character designs and they are amazing!! They can’t possibly be as good as they are.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:11:50 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

You literally listed the four games I’m Most excited for this year! Especially rune factory 5 since I thought it was never going to come out after the issues they had after four released. Still not sure who I’m going to marry in that one but I’m hoping they take a page out of story of seasons and let you married regardless of the gender you pick!

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:13:08 )

I also forgot about Nocturne and SMT 5, though those aren’t being released anytime soon but I’m excited Bocturne has an easier mode in the new one.... I kept getting my ass kicked by the Matador in the original.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:36:44 )

Lol SMT games are no joke! I play them on hard but I love the grind and it kicked my butt so often. I wish I could play SMTV right now. It was announced way to soon. We have been waiting since 2017 T-T
So happy to see so much RF fans here. We should have our artists make some RF inspired items lol. I don’t know who I’m going to marry yet. I care more about their personalities instead of looks for romance. Just character designs don’t do it for me lol.
@Fading Kings: forgot to ping you.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 13:56:29 )

@Totalanimefan:

See I like both the personality and looks when picking someone to match (though I won't deny the new story of seasons characters look kinda.... meh to me, and the ones being brought back with the DLC were never my personal favorites from the other games). Rune factory 4 was so hard to decide who I was going to marry but Leon has won out both on 3DS and Switch version.

I've watched the trailer for SMT 5 like 8 times now, but with nocturne coming out I feel like I need to play that again first, then SMT 4 on the DS and then 5, but then again I know I'm impatient and will most likely just go straight to 5 when it comes out lol. I am glad its a worldwide release and not a Japan first, accidentally get spoilers and wait 8-18 months for it to be localized for America.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 18:11:43 )

@Fading Kings: I know I'm unusual to need mostly personally and not their looks. That's just a me thing. What's normal is liking both lol.
I went with Arthur. None of them I was really into, but I did like Arthur the most. I wonder who I will like in 5? ^^ It's exciting to think about. I'm not looking forward to the long wait between the Japanese release and the Western one. I hope that we get it holiday 2021, but I bet it won't be until 2022.

I'm definitely going to play Nocturne that get it come out! I don't think I'm going to play 4 again. I got lost as to where to go next in the story in like 2015 and I never really picked it up after that lol. Then I looked up the different endings. I will play 5 all the way through and look up what to do next if I get stuck. I totally forgot that SMTV was a worldwide release.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 00:05:58 )

TIL That Nocture isn't a SMT spin off, it's actually SMT III. It just has a subtitle name unlike the other main line SMT games.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 00:19:08 )

Garden Story: I played that demo and it's so cute
Paradise Lost: It looks so good
Scathe: I love me a good shooter game
Unholy: This horror game is 100000000000000% #1 on my to want list

Other horror games I am waiting for: Artificial, Once Upon A Time In Roswell, Lunacy: Saint Rhodes, The Alien Cube

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 00:24:19 )

@vengeance: I don't know if it's coming out this year but are you excited for the new Resident Evil game?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 13:52:06 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Im verry exited for Little witch in the woods!
From the looks of it its kinda like Stardew Valley but your a witch?

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 14:34:41 )

@Totalanimefan:

See Arthur is a funny one for me. Younger me adored him, adult me has a harder time because I am more familiar with his voice actor and it's hard to take him serious when the guy is like this...

SMT 4 was... difficult... Not hard but hard to get into for me. I didn't play much of it and I still have it sitting on my shelf waiting for me to play and pull me back into that chaotic darkness....

But it still needs to wait for me to finish the golden deer route. I'm almost at chapter 13 where the game finally becomes very different.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:59:03 )

@GoblinsAndTea: oh yeah I saw that one. When’s it coming out again?

@Fading Kings: oh no. Never met your Heros lol but that does kinda suck when a real life person ruins a character for you.
The Golden Deer route is great! They are my favorite

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 17:11:50 )

@Totalanimefan:

I mean I love his voice actor he's hilarious. It's funny because I watch these voice actors play d&d (Critical Role) and three of them actually play the voices for characters in RF4 which is kinda hilarious to me.

I am having a hard time deciding who I am going to S rank this time with them. I did my best wife Dorothea first, Ashe, and Edelgard. I'm leaning towards Claude mostly bc he's the most fun out of the squad so far. But let's see if part two will change that like it did me wanting to S rank Dimitri.

Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 17:46:05 )

@Fading Kings: I did Claude. He's kinda a jerk, but I think it's really cute the way he likes the female teacher, so I picked him. I looked up most of the other Golden Deer students and you can't go wrong.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 23:51:27 )

@Totalanimefan: I have never played a Resident Evil game.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 23:55:02 )

@vengeance: If you like horror I would recommend them. But only if you are good at headshots. You aren't given a lot of items in that game and you really have to make every healing item and bullet (etc) count.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 03:08:52 )
FF XIV: ENDWALKER.

.nuff said
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.