Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My guinea pig customer service story

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/29 02:19:47 )
I work in a pet store. There was this one lady a few years ago that came in fuming. She claimed that the guinea pig she bought from us 6 months ago was pregnant at the time of purchase.Okay, so that's a mild problem. But we can offer to buy the babies back after they reach a certain age. But she didn't want that,she wanted us to check every single animal for a possible pregnancy and reimburse her with cash for the babies that she had no intention of selling.

I told her that we couldn't just give her money. She got upset and asked, "Well how do you expect me to afford to take care of all these babies". I explained that her only options in this store were sell them or keep them.

I eventually took her over to the cages and explained to her how guinea pig biology works.One of the most important parts that i emphasized on was a guinea pig's pregnancy lasts about 3 months. Therefore if she bought the guinea pig 6 months ago then her guinea pig had to have gotten pregnant after the purchase.

She insisted that it had to have happened at our store because the only other guinea pig that was around the one that she bought was her cousin's girl guinea pig. I tried to explain to her how to tell the gender on a guinea pig but she didn't want to hear it and asked for "someone competent". So I got the manager and I went back in the back to do inventory.I later learned that the manager literally told her the same thing I did,which was "We cant just give you money". So she got angry and left.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/29 17:50:00 )

Scammers be scammin' imho. People try stuff like that in the grocery store all the time, trying to get returns for things they didn't get at our store, then throwing a fit and demanding to speak to the manager in the hopes that we'll cave and give them free money just to shut them up.
We've also had someone who brought in a huge rotten salmon, with no receipt to prove when he'd supposedly bought it (or that he didn't just fish it out of a dumpster), during a time when we had made it clear we were not accepting food returns due to Covid. Threw a fit, was in the store holding up the line for ages, left a giant stinking 15$ fish in the store for us to deal with. You gonna try to tell me that fish was in that condition or similar when you bought it and no one noticed?

I mean it's also possible she really was just that clueless, but the absolute refusal to listen to facts paired with her insistence on getting money without actually selling you the babies says otherwise.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 01:35:17 )
@Ava:
if I may ask ,what was the reason for your pain? Gull bladder? Pancreatitis?

Donator — She,Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/30 02:27:53 )
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
How to break a heart
It is not difficult
Anyone can do it
So could you, if you tried
Just find a light
And switch it off
As easy as blinking
~Emilie Autumn

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vampiretaco: I hear ya I don't work with animals but i work in a grocery store so i know your pain in away. but the fact she didn't want to hear you on the gender that's just rude. You were trying to help her. Part of me was like 'can i have your relatives number to ask them about there genuine pig' I mean i only got nasty once with a pet store person. Reason being i got a hand me down (it was my moms co workers sons geko who got it form a friend who got it from a friend and so on) and i seen it shed before thinking weird happened with it's eyes. but then when it shed one day his eye got all black and i asked a pet store person who said he specialized in lizards i explained this is the first time his eye ever went black and he was like 'oh it happens any time they shed' and i re explained what situation and how his eye went black and it never went like that before.. i had no aitude cus i was geniuien scared that something was wrong. and he got all snippy and he started to yell. my sister had a friend doing vet school so my sister took a picture of it and it ended up my little guy was going blind in that eye ...

Hope that person doesn't try coming in another day and try the same thing with some one else.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
Human emotion is energy.
You cant always see it or hear it, but you can feel it.
Ever had deja vu?
Felt someone walk over your grave?
Ever felt someone behind you in an empty room?
Well there was. There always is.
A ghost.
~Torchwood

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.