Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 21:20:18 )

Things haven't been going too well with trying to pursue massage therapy. For many reasons, but I'll keep this short :D
I wanted to get a second job to help support myself finanically since massage wasn't cutting it--I've been making more off my artwork and that's not saying a whole lot!

I applied to like, 10 places and everything kept telling me no. I was expecting I'd end up with something small and low paying that sucks and stresses me out. But I ended up getting insanely lucky with a manager trainee position very close by. Full time, great benefits and PTO, living wage to START and with room for growth and promotion <33

At first it was weird cause the application never sent to them, Glassdoor had the locations messed up and sent it to another city. But they had me bypass that and just come in and fill a paper one out. I prefer this, because then I could see the place myself and meet the people, and they were very fun to chat with and very very happy to be working there.
This was new years eve, so then they asked if I could come back the next day for an interview. So I did, and it was a formal one where the interviewer was writing everything I said onto a document. At the very end of the interview, the computer CRASHED AND WE LOST ALL THAT WRITING! It was so awkward, and I offered to write up something for him but he was like nah, I'll just use memory.
So we ended it, said bye, and I left.
BUT before I could get in my car I hear my name called out. He and the others immediately decided they wanted me for a second interview, so he was RUNNING ACROSS THE LOT to catch me and asked if I could come back same day. They were timing it all quickly because the executive manager was only in town until tomorrow, so they wanted to get all interviews done. But he said so many nice things, like how they have very good candidates but they really like me so far.
So I come back 1 1/2 hour later after eating lunch and I have another interview, with the executive manager. Very fun, I clicked with him too, and he said he'd contact me by tuesday but first he had to go through some more interviews this weekend. K cool, I go home, full of anx anticipation for tuesday.
BUT THEY CALL ME THE NEXT DAY ANYWAYS, skipping time again lol

I start tomorrow
what a great way to start this year. My finances were getting so low, if it wasn't for my art clients, I wouldn't even afford food. I did get two new orders on new years also, and half of that I wanted to donate to a cause (ended up donating to a client's mutual friend for a house fire situation). I feel so so glad that I did cause little did I know that before long, that is something I definitely could afford <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 21:21:26 )

Now I need to learn what business casual actually means 8D
I keep looking at clothing and my partner is like "nope thats a flannel" fdhgjsd

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 21:23:06 )

Congrats on the new job! I hope it’s a good workplace for you. Benefits are always nice too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 21:32:36 )

@totalanimefan:
I hope so too! The people I've met there I feel like I've gotten to know pretty well during my visits and we each clicked in some way. Haven't had that in a LONG time where I live (but they're all not from here either).
I have high hopes that this could be the break that I needed, to get into a potential career that can actually allow me to live independently again ;v;

I also need benefits so baddddd, way overdue for teeth cleaning/checkups and my esophagus and thyroid has needed looked at for years. They said the benefits kick in within 90 days

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 21:56:55 )

Great news. And business casual is in between casual and business .

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 21:59:25 )

@vengeance:
Ooh, are jeans with a button-up blouse too casual?
I seem to struggle with finding that midlde ground, since to me all in that picture are "business" xD
I thought business casual was like... comfy but look good idk

I might need to make a run to the store for trousers lmao

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 22:21:23 )

@Jolly: yessssss!! i am so happy for you! i really needed to hear some good news today to cheer me up a bit today! <3

bloop

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 22:52:41 )

@Jolly: Jeans are mostly still a no go.

Another picture

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 08:37:46 )

That’s such great news Jolly!! Congrats!!!! I’m so happy for you! :3

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 12:09:50 )

@bonnie:
Yayy I'm glad this could cheer you <33
I really wanted to start this year with good vibes and its doing a dang good job of it ;v;
I'm so excited I cant sleeeeeeeep

@vengeance:
ooo I like the one with the skirt. No way could I pull it off with my clumsy short legs, but its cute xD
Thanks for the images! the examples help

@nephila:
@ruby:
THANK YOU <3 I'm so happy, it almost seems too good to be true tbh ;;
Although I do sell all my holidays since its mandatory that I work on them, I still think the pros heavily outweigh cons

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 12:35:09 )

@Jolly: it’s definitely a good way to start the year! :3
Will this still be a second job or are you quitting the other one?

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:08:41 )

@ruby:
I think I may just quit the other one. I was going to do both at first but the more I think about it, its just not worth it lol
My other job I would spend like 7 hours at the place to be lucky if I get one or two massages to do. Its not hourly, and the commission rate is like 34% of $60 massages. Retail was more stable than that ;;

New job would be about 45 hour weeks that I have to spend there, so a LOT more hours. But the manager told me the average first year makes about 43,000 for annual salary. Its also a commission based job selling mattresses for a nation-wide company (much more established than my clinic), but I get a 100% commission rate. I've sat in the store long enough to see how much foot traffic and sales they make and its pretty consistent. Training period alone is a pre-set $2,400 for this month, so I don't have to worry a lot about any "slow startup pay" and can just focus on learning everything while knowing I'm being covered.
All this AND I GET HEALTH AND DENTAL.
It seriously sounds too good to be real, like there has to be a catch somewhere. But my gut feels like I can trust it ;v; The people felt very genuine and they each had a story about how this company saved them from financial struggling

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:28:15 )

@Jolly: oh hell yeah I’d definitely quit the other one lol
That’s amazing! It sounds like a great place :3 I hope your new year is filled with abundance~

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:30:37 )

@ruby:
Yeah its a bit night-and-day ;;
Thank you! I hope your's has been good so far too?

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:32:22 )

@Jolly: haha well we’re not that far into it yet but it’s been good so far! I’ll get to start working on voltra stuff soon so that’s super exciting! I really needed something good in my life after last year @.@

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:33:55 )

@ruby:
Ohhh, did you just get put on as a voltra artist (or have I not noticed in the past cause I'm oblivious)?
Either way, that is definitely exciting :D keep up the good vibes and optimism and this year will be better~

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:38:37 )

@Jolly: You’re not oblivious! I’m a new hire :D just got my color posts the other day o3o I’m an item tech haha I can’t wait to help out, the staff is such a great team. I’m so honored to be a part of it~
Definitely a good start to the year haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:48:07 )

@ruby:
Thats awesome <3 New year new jobs!
Now if only I oculd get some dang sleep, thats the one thing I've been lacking since new years lmao
its almost 6am and I've been up since 2 cause my brain wont shhh

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:51:42 )

@Jolly: pfft I hear that! Its almost 8am for me and I’ve been up all night lol I slept all day yesterday, which is fine for sleeps purposes, but trying to get a consistent schedule is so difficult @.@

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 13:54:46 )

@ruby:
I was doing real well for like half a year with my sleeping. Then bam, I got excited about something.
like when I'm depressed? Still sleep soundly. Mad? Sleep. Happy and excited? NO SLEEP JUST SUFFER :vanora_xd:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.