Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What did you get for Christmas/The Holidays?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 17:58:55 )

Let me know what you got!

My husband got me a SAD lamp. It’s a lamp that you use in the winter/gloomy days to help keep the winter blues away.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 19:09:12 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

I got an assortment of tech related stuff - case for my Switch lite, a tripod for my phone and another phone holder to hold my Switch (both so I can stream me playing ACNH to my best friend lol), a cute cat cup with a matching saucer and tiny fancy spoon... and a popsocket top for my phone, since my last one was a plain plastic one.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 19:45:23 )
Most of my gifts were for my new baby, so I'm pretty thrilled about that. She got clothes and toys. I got Cyberpunk 2077, clothes, a cool hip pouch and some gift cards that don't work. My mum got me gift cards from the king soopers (kroger... its a grocery store for those who don't know) she works at, and the $200 was a complete scam. Different card in the package than what was outside, and the store refuses to reimburse her... and the credit card companies are giving her the run-around :( SO BE CAREFUL if you are buying a gift card for someone, save the receipt and make sure it works!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 20:51:36 )
I got some gift cards for the Nintendo eShop, iTunes, and GameStop, money, a book, and some Pokémon figures. My brother always seems to give me figures of game characters for Christmas and my birthday

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 20:53:25 )

So I got money for Christmas, wasn't much but I did not want anything. However, I have been buying myself things for a long time so I have many new presents XD

One thing I did get was a portable car starter since I didn't have jumper cables in my car. It comes with a cute little set and I don't need another car, all I have to do is keep it charged!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:18:00 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I got some cool journals and a darth vader necklace set. The coolest thing however was the fact that I got my roomate @vynndoria: a nic cage mermaid pillow that lets us see his beautiful face at all times.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:40:59 )

@KDA Drew: I love all of those gifts you got lol. I could go for some waffles!
@0v7: Those all sound like things my husband would ask for. I hope you like them.
@Glume: That's awful with your mom. I'm sure the CC company will give her the money back. :(
@Starlight: I like what you got! I was going to ask for shop credit but I already have some. What games are you going to get on your switch?
@Bonnie: Money is always the best lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:41:51 )

@Fading Kings: I saw a video with that pillow online. It's kinda creepy but also funny.
@Nephila: Nice. Where are the candles from?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:42:30 )

I got my mum a SAD lamp actually! It's a cool little thing.

As for me, I got like 10 candles and so much bath stuff so I am all set for the next year or so. I also got some of my favourite chocolates, and some fluffy bedding. My brother also bought me some cute earrings.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 21:53:25 )

@sunny: You should share it with her. Did you learn how it use it? You have to be so many inches from it, and it's best use is 30min to 1 hour after you wake up. It's perfect for England though. Nice. Where were the candles and bath stuff from?

@Nephila: Nice. I don't get expensive ones either, I normally do target clearance section lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:01:48 )

@Totalanimefan: we didn't read the instructions... we should probably do that lol XD we both take vitamin D supplements too but hopefully the light helps.
The candles are from all over, a few from Aldi, B&M, not like Yankee Candle or anything like that. Just cheap candles. The bath stuff is from Lush and idk where else. I love Lush <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:03:10 )

@sunny: I was hoping the bath stuff was from Lush! I love Lush. We have it in the US too. What items did you get from Lush?
Yeah you probably should. Good that you are taking Vitamin D. I don't believe this lamp will give you D. I think it just wakes you up and tells your brain it's sunny out.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:04:57 )

@Totalanimefan: yes, it's time to pay my billllllsssss~ i get paid probably tomorrow so i need to go and pay them all down and some off so i am good!

bloop

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:08:42 )
@Totalanimefan: I bought a few already since they were on sale for the holidays. I bought Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling, Child of Light, AER - Memories of Old, and Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. Now I just need to actually play them :viosweat:

★~~Questing~~★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:10:03 )

@Totalanimefan: YEah I love Lush too. I wasn't expecting any this year because our nearest store is in the city and with lockdown and everything we aren't going into the city. But my mum was smart and ordered online. I got a Snow Fairy gift box, Snow Fairy is my favourite Lush scent. I had a bath with the bathbomb and shower gel tonight, it was heavenly!!!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:22:33 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Totalanimefan: I mostly wanted stuff that'd be useful - I did get a $100 gift card also, spent it on other miscellaneous stuff (boba tea + accessories, stuff for my best friend's gift package). Probably should've ordered things that are more technically fun but yknow, it is what it is :3

I should get one of the lamps you mentioned in your original post - usually my depression is about the same year round but this year it's dipped in winter 'cause of everything happening TwT

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:32:02 )

@Bonnie: I know that one lol
@kiwi: That's awesome! I have one and they are great!! My dog peed on the one I had in CA though. RIP.
@Bioshock: That's so cute!!
@Starlight: Nice. The struggle as an adult is finding the time to do that lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:37:58 )

@Sunny: Oh wow that's really nice! I use the bath scrub called Magic Crystals. It's really good for getting the dry skin off of me without striping my skin.
@0v7: Boba tea is always worth the money. Sad lamps are worth it, but I would research them and make sure they are right for you. I saw some cheaper, smaller ones on Amazon that weren't too expensive. I think around $30.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:42:17 )

@Totalanimefan: oh nice, I love their scrubs too. I don't get a lot of dry skin so I don't use them that often, but they're nice :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:43:25 )

@sunny: My skin is soooo dry. It only likes Florida humidity lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.