Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Darkened Heartbeats

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 06:32:49 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Bast laughed as well, as he opened one of the bottles and chugged about three-quarters of it in one go, exhaling loudly when he brought the bottle away from his mouth.

"Ahhhh! Delish!" he exclaimed.

"Nectar of the gods!" he declared further, before looking at her and thinking for a moment.

"Oh, the cream puffs?" he asked. "Yeah, you should be able to get them back where you are." he told her. "They're nothing TOO fancy or special, most grocery stores have 'em in the frozen dessert section." he continued.

"I'll let you see the box so you know what to look for." he told her further.

"And yeah, your brother's a good guy." he then said. "Couldn't ask for a better roommate." he admitted.

"So... why're you spending a week here, anyway?" he asked, realising he didn't actually know the reason for the visit.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 06:37:30 )

"Good to know you two get along." Jordan commented with a chuckle.

"And why? Because I had to get away from Dad." she told him.

"I love him and all, but ... he's... uhhhh. Overprotective. Daddy's baby girl and all that." She added.

"What about your Mom?" Bast asked.

"Oh, she's off for a few shows in Vegas for a couple weeks." Jordan answered. "and noooo way was I going to stay home with Dad for a week while I have a break from school. Nope, not gonna happen."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 06:55:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Bast just smirked.

"I getcha." he said.

"Can't relate, though." he added.

"Mom took care of me and stuff when I was a baby, but as soon as I was old enough to really be more independent, she pretty much stopped being a parent." he told her. "Dad was there for me, but I was on my own for... a number of things." he continued. "I mean, I didn't need to cook for myself or anything until I was a teenager, and whenever I needed help with something, I could ask either of them." he assured her.

"But my Mom doesn't really have strong mothering urges or instincts, being what she is, and my Dad's... well... he's narcoleptic, so the fact that he wasn't completely useless at a father is a heroic deed, let's be honest." he said bluntly.

"And hey, I knew they loved me, and would do anything for me. Plus, I turned out all right, all things considered." he shrugged, finishing the bottle of pop.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 06:59:45 )

'I get the feeling that saying you turned out 'all right' is entirely dependent on a persons definition of 'all right'." Jordan countered with a chuckle.

{"But hey, Darryl likes ya, so you can't be too bad." She added after a moment or two.

"... I assume you know what we are." She then said. "Since he made it clear he knows what you are, and considering you so freely mentioned about your mom and all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 07:31:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah." Bast replied.

"I can tell. I know what the two of you are." he said.

"He also mentioned the hunter traits of his parents, and the one he inherited." he went on. "Judging from how I felt looking into that one eye of yours, I can guess you inherited the other." he said further.

"No, he didn't tell me specifically about yours, but I can make an educated guess." he clarified.

"Also, when I say "all right", I mean I'm a demonic nephilim. The fact that I can hide it and live a life where some would see me as just a mage, and others see me as a normal human, while having no troubles with the law, the Council, or the Triad? I'd say that qualifies as "all right"." he added with a laugh.

"But seriously, I'd say most people would say I'm doing okay for what I am. I'm doing better than a lot of 'normal' people in the world..." he muttered at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 07:34:37 )

"All right, cool." Jordan said. "That could have been awkward, if I'm being honest."

"And fair point on blending it. I'm too pale for it to be easy, but then again, the Scots are pretty chill with mana overall, so they're ok with knowing I'm not 'average' and nothing more." She added.

"And better than a lot of people? I don't doubt that's true. There are some.... questionable... people on this planet, sadly." She added with a sigh.

"Oh well? So what's the worst thing you've ever done, then?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 07:55:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, I find it best to skip the awkwardness quickly." Bast responded.

"Good that you're in an area that's friendly towards mana and stuff. Must be a relief." he commented.

"...and the worst thing I've ever done?" he then asked.

He thought about it for a moment, searching his memories.

"Well, I remember one time in highschool, I caused a girl to cheat on her boyfriend, which ruined their reputation as a power couple, which caused her to drop out of school, and caused HIM to develop some kind of substance abuse problem." he recalled.

"...can't remember why I did that." he then admitted.

"I remember I had a valid reason at the time..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 07:59:31 )

Jordan just laughed lightly.

"He probably had it coming." She commented.

"As for a valid reason, it's highschool. Everything is valid during those years. I know 'cause I'm living it." She added.

"Now the flip side. What's the best thing you've ever done. Like the most righteous for the 'greater good' or some shit?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 08:23:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Fair." Bast responded.

"...and the BEST thing I've ever done." he then muttered.

He once again searched his memories, before snapping his fingers.

"Ah! Right!" he said.

"I remember I got suspended from school for a couple of weeks because I ended up getting into a fight with some kid and broke his leg in several places." he told her.

"Same leg he would use to kick a stray cat that hung around the school every time he saw it." he went on.

"Promised him if he ever did it again, I'd make sure no medical mana would be able to repair it." he growled.

"Guess it worked. He transferred to another school before he healed." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 08:25:25 )

"... I'd say you went overboard, but chances were he needed that kind of wake up call." Jordan commented.

"So you're a bad boy but a sweetheart at your core. Probably your Dad's influence." She added with a chuckle.

"Definitely good to know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 08:40:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just shrugged in response.

"I like animals." he said.

"I get my humanity from my dad, and my brutal streak from my mom." he told her. "If massive consequences fall on someone that's doing wrong, they won't ever do it again." he reasoned.

"...or else face even MORE dire consequences." he added darkly.

"Of course, I only refer to those doing egregious deeds." he then said.

"If someone trips someone else in a hallway for a cheap laugh, I'll do the same. See how THEY like it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 08:42:58 )

"Sounds good." Jordan commented.

"I kinda do the same. Or I just scare 'em with my fangs." She added.

"Ah, and for the record, Darryl's half, I'm not." She told him before taking a drink. "I just take the same serum as Mom to let me grow more like a mortal, and to make it that I can blend in better."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 09:00:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah! That explains it." he replied.

"Yeah, your soul is different from his." he told her.

"I'm demonic, so just like celestials, I can sense a soul. Kinda. It's weird to explain." he muttered.

"But yeah, I could see you're different from Darryl." he said further.

"And fair enough on the serum. Whatever helps ya get through life." he added.

"...by the way, if your Dad's so overprotective, why'd he let you come out here?" he asked. "Or is this a case of your mom putting her foot down on the issue?" he asked further with a light laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 09:02:00 )

"It's more that he trusts my brother." Jordan answered honestly.

"He doesn't trust me, because I'm 'a dumb teen'... yes he's called me that in anger before but eh, and Darryl's at least an adult." She continued.

"So yeah. He trusts my brother more than he trusts me. But oh well. At least I'm out of the damned house. He's ... overbearing. I love him, but fuck he gets on my nerves."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 09:25:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah-ha." Bast responded.

"Well... fair enough, I guess." he said.

"Parents will be parents I suppose." he went on. "And I'd wager statements made in anger are not to be taken so seriously, or held onto as fact or representative of true feelings. he continued.

"But then again, I suppose you already know that." he shrugged.

"How'd you get here, anyway?" he asked.

"Mana or through more conventional means?" he asked further.

He suddenly realised he was talking more to her than he had to anyone else in the past that wasn't a relative or close friend. Hell, he didn't even converse this much with his roommate and friend, Darryl. He wondered why that was... but he wasn't going to question it right now. If nothing else, he supposed this was him just trying to entertain her until her brother returned, as she was a guest here.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 10:57:21 )

Jordan paused before shrugging.

"I know." She agreed with a nod.

"However, I bring it up when I wanna make a point of why I can't stand him sometimes. I know he doesn't really think that and it was said in anger, but he still said it." She added.

"If he doesn't want it broughup from time to time, then he shouldn't have said it." She commented with a shrug.

"as for how I got here, plane. I'm gonna be here for a while, better to have a record."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:48:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh, fair on your father." Bast replied with a shrug, before popping another cream puff and chugging more soda. "I'll bet it's nice to have some ammo to use against him." he commented.

"Just so long as it's not used too often." he then said. "After all, when ammunition is used too often, the enemy begins to learn and tech against it." he reasoned, and then nodded again.

"Also, makes sense on the plane." he told her. "A week? Yeah, best to have that record for being here." he said further.

"So... what, you just gonna hang around here all day? Because that sounds boring." he then asked her. "Or you gonna have your own little tour of the city or something?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:54:16 )

"I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, to be honest." Jordan answered with a shrug.

"I'll figure that out each day I think, but I do know that I'll be spending some time with my brother. Not completely, because I know that school is a thing, of course." She added.

"Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions." She then said with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 23:14:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, Darryl and I have some time off from classes as well." Bast told her. "Spring break and all, but neither of us really go for that sort of scene." he informed her. "Hence why you were able to come HERE for the week, obviously." he added.

"Granted, we still have work to do, but it'll mostly be from home." he shrugged.

"If you're open to suggestions, pretty sure your brother will want to show you a few places that you might like. We got a little of everything in this city." he reasoned.

"And if you want, I can show you places where you can have actual FUN." he added with a smirk.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 23:17:49 )

"So long as a sixteen year old is allowed. Let's not get you into legal trouble." Jordan commented before smirking.,

"However, my parents don't know, but I am actually older than my brother." She added as she pulled her wallet out of her pocket and handed it over to him. When he opened it, he saw an ID card that said she was sixteen.

"Look behind it." She said, to which he did. The card that had been shoved behind stated that she was 22.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.