Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Darkened Heartbeats

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 01:44:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He just sighed as he stared at the computer screen, the program frozen in the middle of saving his work. Work that he'd been doing for close to an hour, and he hadn't saved in that time. He was trying to save it to avoid losing it, but it seemed like he was going to anyway. He'd told his professor, and they were getting someone in to take a look and see if things could be salvaged, but he wasn't hopeful.

"Great." he mumbled, taking out his phone.

Technical difficulties. Won't be back until later. he sent to the one he shared a townhouse with. He knew he'd be cool with it, or it wouldn't affect him anyway, but figured a heads-up would be the polite thing to do.

Got it. was the response he received, so he decided to just leave it at that.

"Least I didn't have anything planned for tonight." he then said to himself, before pausing a moment.

'Wait...' he thought. 'Was it... tonight or Thursday night...?' he then asked himself, pondering the date of something.

Meanwhile, in the house, the one that had received the text just set his phone down on the nearby table, and stretched out his arms behind his head.

"Guess I got the place all to myself." he said. "Cool." he muttered with a small smirk, as he got up to make his way to the kitchen. They had their own food, had some shared food, and respected each other's boundaries and property, but the frozen cream puffs they had always ended up being contested territory. And his roommate's sudden delay in getting back meant that they were fair game to become HIS.

He made his way to said freezer and opened it up, removing the box from it and lightly licking his lips, before he heard the doorbell ring.

"...eh?" he muttered. "Yeah, that's not him, he JUST texted me." he said. "It's too late for mail..." he went on, looking at the nearby wall clock. "...and neither of us are expecting a delivery..." he said further, as the doorbell chimed again.

"All right, coming!" he called back, setting the box down on the kitchen counter, and making his way to the door, opening it to see who was here at such an hour.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 01:58:18 )

When he opened the door to find a cute strawberry blonde who looked to be about thirteen years old. Her bright blue eyes met his with a bit of a quizzical expression, as the one - the lighter of the two - pierced right through him.

"Oh! Hello." She greeted, leaning on the suitcase she had next to her.

"I'm looking for Darryl." she added.

"wanna let me in so I can go bug him? Or is he with Sammy?" She then asked, her voice curious.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 02:18:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent for a moment, almost paralysed by her lighter blue eye, before he shook his head lightly, and looked her over. He then sighed, before letting his shoulders hang heavily.

"...thanks for letting me know, Dare." he grumbled.

"He's not home." he told her. "And he's not with Samantha." he said further. "He's been held up at class due to technical issues." he informed her, before turning and walking deeper into the house.

"But come in." he said as he did so.

"I'll text him to let him know you're here." he continued, pausing slightly.

"...also, who should I say is here?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 02:24:31 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing. She did follow him inside though, taking a look at his backside in the process.

"Oh, his sister - Jordan." she answered honestly as she closed the door after getting herself and what she'd brought inside.

"... did... did he not tell you I was coming by for a week?" she asked. "If it's a problem, I can leave. It's not an issue." She continued, a distinct Scottish lilt to her voice. It wasn't super apparent, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 02:43:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He wouldn't lie, the light Scottish in her voice sounded good. He liked it. But he wasn't about to compliment her on something like that when they had literally JUST met, and she didn't even know his name, yet.

Or maybe se did, and they just hadn't been properly introduced yet. It was possible Darryl had told his family about him in the past.

However, when she mentioned who she was and that she was staying over for a week, he snapped his fingers.

"Ah! Yes, he DID say something about that earlier this month!" he recalled. "Just didn't tell me that you'd be here TONIGHT." he told her, grabbing his phone.

"Also, no. I knew you would be here, and you were invited here, so you'll be staying here. Simple as that." he finished, texting Darryl.

Hey. Your sister's here. he sent. A response immediately followed a few seconds later.

SHIT! Sorry, dude! it read.

Just letting you know. he then sent to him, before he heard Jordan's cell phone rang.

"Jordan, I'm SO sorry I'm not there!" Darryl said to her when she answered. "I'll be back as soon as I can, but it's looking like it'll be another couple hours or so." he told her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 02:46:04 )

Jordan just laughed as she answered the call.

"Hello to you too, dear Brother." She greeted.

"And no sweat. Although whot he hell is the cutie that answered the door?" She asked, eyeing the black haired college kid up and down again.

".... I thought you were living with Sammy."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 03:03:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

It seemed like the one she had been referring to hadn't heard her, as he had made his way back to the kitchen. She was met with a stunned silence on the other end of the phone for a moment, before she heard her brother clear his throat.

"That is my roommate. Bast." he told her.

"And no. I'm not living with Sammy. She just stays over her so often that it seems like she does." he then said. "We made an agreement that living together might not be the best thing until after we're finished post-secondary." he went on.

"Granted, our views may change in the future, but that's our current standing." he finished.

"ANYWAY, feel free to help yourself to whatever food is mine." he then told her. "I'll see you when I get home."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 03:08:03 )

Jordan was silent for a moment before nodding, even though he couldn't see it.

"Huh. All right then." She answered before pausing.

"...... should I be worried?" She then asked. "He's... not human." She added quietly.

"Just... I want to know before I jump to conclusions." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 03:29:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know he's not human." Darryl responded.

"And I wouldn't be living with him if he wasn't cool." he then said. "He's fine, trust me." he assured her.

"Odds are he'll be pretty open to you as well, considering you're my sister." he then added, before she heard some muted talking in the background.

"Crap, I gotta go." he told her.

"I'll see you when I get back." he said further.

"Love ya, sis." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 03:38:06 )

"Love you too, Darr." Jordan responded before they ended the call.

"All right then." She said quietly before making her way to the kitchen.

"Hey there. So... is my being here for the next bit going to be an issue or anything?" She asked, her voice honestly curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 04:01:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Nah." he responded, putting all the remaining cream puffs onto a plate, which totaled around 12 or so.

"It's cool." he said.

"Samantha stays here all the time, and if I can deal with Darryl and his lover being here at the same time, I can deal with his sister." he assured her.

"I'm Sebastien." he then introduced himself. "Sebastien LeBlanc." he said further.

"...thirsty?" he asked.

"We got a few things in the fridge." he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 04:04:49 )

Jordan paused a moment.

"LeBlanc?" She asked.

"any relation to Aimee or Lex?" She asked him after a moment or two.

"And yeah, just gimme anything, I'm not picky." She added in answer to his inquiry about whether she was thirsty or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 04:37:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He didn't answer at first... mostly because he was searching for something, before pulling out a can of raspberry flavoured sparkling water, and lightly tossing it towards her.

"Here. Last can." he said. "I needs to be drank, anyway." he reasoned.

"And Lex is my father. Aimee's my aunt." he continued.

"I'm sure you can extrapolate my own identity from THAT info." he finished, shutting the door.

"You got anything you need to do here?" he asked.

"Or you coming with me to the den to watch TV?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 04:39:09 )

Jordan caught the can before pausing as he mentioned his family.

"...... I ... did not know that Lilim could procreate with a human." She commented before thinking about it.

"Or is Lex not genetically your father?" She then asked.

"Oh, sorry. I'm too curious for my own good sometimes, feel free to tell me to shut up. Also, thanks, and let's go sit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 05:00:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sebastien was silent, before rolling his eyes and smirking as they made their way to the livingroom.

"Lex is my father." he said.

"He's the only father I have, in every sense of the term." he told her. "Same with Lilim and being my mother. Only mother I have, in every sense of the term." he continued.

"Also, I'm not as strange as you might think." he then said as they sat down on the couch.

"Cain Callamachi is FAR more of an anomaly than I am. And if you think about it, I'm the same as Ezekiel Leblanc, just in the opposite direction." he added, handing her the remote.

"Here, see if there's anything you like on."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 05:03:53 )

Jordan didn't say anything as she followed him and took a seat.

".... I admit, I don't really know much about Zeke." She admitted. "Never properly met him. I only know Aimee and Lex through happanstance meetings." She added as she accepted the remote.

"But... all right, fair. I'm always just surprised to hear when someone from above or below fucked a human." She commented bluntly.

"So how'd you meet my brother?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 05:23:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just shrugged.

"It happens." he said. "Just most of the time, the humans don't survive it." he told her just as bluntly.

"As for how I met Darryl, it was during a football game, actually." he then said. "We hadn't known each other before, except for the odd class or two together, but I saw that the head cheerleader was really starting to make moves on him." he told her further.

"And he was NOT comfortable with it. Unfortunately, he just can't tell someone to just slag off, so he kept being all passive and dismissive, trying to escape the conversation, but she kept insisting upon it." he went on.

"Quite frankly, I detested the little cunt, rich spoiled brat that always had everything bought for her, so I decided to just saunter on by, put on a subtle show for her, and she immediately lost interest in Darryl." he explained.

"Darryl found me at the end of the game and thanked me profusely for it, and we just got to be friends since then." he finished.

"...oh, and I strung her along for about a couple of weeks before she ended up so distracted that she let too many things slide, so the school couldn't justify keeping her enrolled." he added at the end with a dark chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 05:26:05 )

"... huh." was all Jordan said as she opened the can he'd tossed her and took a drink.

"So you're a bit of a bad boy." She commented after.

"cool. Works for me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 05:50:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sebastien just laughed out loud at her statement.

"Hah! Good way to put it." he said. "I'm about as bad as they come, one can say." he added with another chuckle.

The next 20 minutes or so were filled with a little idle chatter, and watching what Jordan had selected on the TV, when they both heard the doorbell ring.

"Eh?" Bast muttered. "Wonder who that is now?" he asked, before getting up and making his way to the door. A couple of minutes later, he returned with what looked to be a pack of 6 glass bottles of cola, and a paper bag that smelled absolutely delectable to Jordan. It smelled of Korean food.

"Seems like your brother's decided to apologise for him not being here to greet you by ordering in some Korean for you, as well as a 6 pack of cherry cola for me." he told her, setting the bag down in front of her.

"So I suppose you're free to tear into the food, while I'm going to guzzle this pop." he chuckled.

"Almost makes me feel bad for annexing and devouring the cream puffs, save for the few you had." he then commented, pausing again.

"Almost. But not quite." he finished, grabbing one of the 4 that were left, and shamelessly eating it in one bite.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 05:55:00 )

Jordan just laughed.

"Hey, you could argue he got some... through me." She argued with a smirk.

"I seriously am going to have to see if I can find those back home though. They're fuckin' tasty." She added after a momen tor two as she looked into the bag of food, grinning slightly.

"I don't get tasty shit like this often." She commented, grabbing a container and a plastic fork, before sitting back on the couch again.

"So this is a right treat."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.