Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Darkened Heartbeats

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:06:38 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Bast chuckled in response.

"Sammy's the only reason he's getting better." he told her. "Her skills and infinite patience with him." he said further.

"And yeah, she's learning from the absolute very best, and it shows in what she makes." he went on.

"But still. Yeah. Darryl's a good guy. Just not a kitchen guy." he sighed.

"Learned THAT early on..." he muttered at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:08:48 )

"Food poisoning?" Jordan asked after a moment or two.

"I know he gave Dad food poisoning at one point..." She added with a light chuckle.

"But, you say you learned early on that he's not a kitchen person, what prompted that lesson?"

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:47:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"When he almost burned the kitchen down." Bast responded.

"Decided that he would make a pie." he told her.

"....didn't work." he said.

"Ruined the oven. Smoke damage to the immediate surrounding area." he continued.

"...wasn't fun." he said further.

"Now there's a strict rule that he's only to use appliances that are the stove or oven only when Samantha's here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:48:52 )

Jordan was silent for a moment before laughing.

"Oh heavens." She commented after a few seconds.

"I'm nto surprised that happened, but oh man that's rich. Yeah... Daryl's a bit of a failure in the kitchen."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 04:20:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"To understate it." Bast muttered.

-A couple of days later-

Darryl just sighed as a few people entered the elevator while he was inside, and the device started to descend. He looked at them before checking his watch, and shaking his head a little.

'I'm already 20 minutes late getting home, should call when I get off-' he started to tell himself, before the elevator jerked, rattled, and came to an abrupt stop... just as the lights went out in it.

A couple of people were immediately panicking, and Darryl just growled to himself.

'...no cell signal, and it could be HOURS before someone shows up, and I can't use my mana to just portal myself there, as these people might not know of mana, and the camera would pick it up, anyway.' he thought.

"Great..." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 04:22:17 )

About an hour later, Jordan made her way up to Bast's room and knocked on the door.

"Hey! Basty-boy!" She called in.

"I got a question!" There was something to her voice, but the question was whether or not he could pick up on it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 04:48:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she knocked and called in, she received no answer.

Utter silence.

She knocked again, and the door opened slightly, revealing blackness. And when she turned on the light, she found that his room was empty.

No evidence of anyone having been there for a bit. A couple of hours, at least.

It seemed she was home alone. She had no idea where Darryl was, and her calls to him weren't going through.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 04:55:29 )

On the way out of his room, she caught sight of a whiteboard by the lightswitch. She paused as she looked it over.

"Eh?" She wondered before pausing as it registered what she was looking at. It was a work schedule. She checked her phone, saw the time was within his working hours, before sighing and trying his cell. When it went to voicemail, she wasn't too surprised, but she shoved her phone in her pocket, turned off the light, closed the bedroom door, and vanished in a burst of her mana, appearing in a dark and empty alleyway.

She made her way out and to the front of the establishment, the bar she'd been to with Bast just the other day, to find the same bouncer there.

"Hey there." She said.

"I'm looking for Bast. I don't have my wallet or anything with me, because I kinda left quick, but... I just need to find him. If you happen to remember the vamp girl, lemme in? Please?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 05:27:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man stood there for a moment, before nodding.

"Ah, I remember you." he said.

"Yeah, Bast's working right now. Good luck trying to talk to him." he told her, before removing the rope and letting her in.

When she stepped inside, she saw the place was lively as anything. People everywhere, laughing, drinking, eating, and she saw that there were men on stage now, dancing rather sensually.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 05:39:47 )

Jordan was silent as she saw what she did on stage.

"Well... Chances are Bast won't have seen Darryl around here." She muttered before shaking her head and heading up to the bar, she intended to see if someone working there could help her out with Bast.

Along with bite back her natural predatorial instinct. She hated crowds, hated hearing so many heartbeats in one area.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 06:24:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she made her way to the bar, she noticed that the dancing had stopped, and the people had quieted down. And that's when she heard an announcer over the P.A. system.

"Alllll right, everyone! The time you've been waiting for has come!" they said.

"It's time for our star to take his place!" they continued, and were met with rousing cheers.

"Everyone, put your hands together... for the Prince of Sin, himself... HELL SUGAR!" they finished, to a roar from the audience.

That's when she saw Bast step up onto the stage... and started to dance, showing his moves.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 06:29:09 )

Jordan was silent for a moment as she watched Bast do his thing before just smirking. She knew staying in here wouldn't do her any good, but now she had to stay for two reasons. One: She had to ask if he happened to know anything about the hell her brother was doing, why she couldn't contact him, considering he was a few hours late by this point, and two: what it was that HE was doing. Well, that's not entirely accurate, she could see quite clearly what he was doing, but she was more wondering regarding specifics. Why, for example.

She just made her way up to the bar, got herself a bottle of water, and weaved through the crowd. She got herself comfy against a wall to the side, where she could see Bast clearly, and also where the door to the back area, the dressing rooms were. She'd catch him on the way there, but she hoped she wasn't looking over the top worried. She was a bit concerned, yes, but that didn't mean she wanted to show it.

She just knew this was ... a treat. One that she wasn't sure how her parents would react to find out about, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 06:39:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Bast's show lasted for close to 20 minutes... and it was clear that he was the star. A fan favourite. And he knew how to give them what they wanted... and then some. Plain as day.

After his show ended, the patrons hooted and hollered, as he disappeared behind the curtain.

"...whew." he mumbled.

"Good energy out there." he said to himself.

He then started to make his way to the dressing rooms, when he saw someone standing there. Someone familiar.

And it caused him to freeze in place for a moment.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 06:41:10 )

"You're quite flexible." Jordan commented with a smirk, before shaking her head. "I'll have more to say about that later. For the moment, I'm wondering if you could do me a favour."

"Can you check your phone for me? See if my brother's tried to get ahold of you at all?" She asked after a moment or two.

"Just.. please?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 07:12:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Bast was silent for a moment, before making his way to where his phone was; in the pocket of his coat in the dressing room... with Jordan following. When they entered the room, she saw a few other males there.

"Who is THIS, Bast?" one asked.

"Chill. She's a friend." Bast told him, making his way to his coat.

"I'll check my messages." he told Jordan.

"Just hang on, and don't be afraid to swat away the riff-raff." he added with a smirk.

The rest of the males reacted with a flourish, acting melodramatically hurt by his words.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 07:16:34 )

Jordan, meanwhile, was just looking around the room, curious about who all was there, and what all she could see.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just here to get Batty-Boy's help with something." She commented before looking back to Bast, hoping there would be a message, or a reply, or something.

Sadly, when he checked his phone, he found that there was the missed call from her, along with an email from his professor and a couple of other little notifications. Nothing to do with her brother though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 07:40:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He sighed as he saw this, and looked at her with a shrug.

"Nothing." he told her.

He then tried to call, but it immediately said it couldn't be completed.

"Odd." he mumbled.

"He must be somewhere with no service." he commented. "Or seems like it, anyway..." he went on.

"Wonder what's going on...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 07:42:24 )

"which is why I showed up in the first place." Jordan commente.d

"Anyway, I'll leave you to making your money." She added with a chuckle. "You're good, by the way. Dad'll freak when he knows that I'm dating a stripper!" With that, she bolted, wondering how much she heard about that later.

I'm also heading to campus, see if I can find him there. she sent as a text as she was weaving through the crowd out.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 08:14:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Bast didn't get a chance to respond, and just narrowed his eyes.

He looked at his phone when she sent the text, and sighed.

Let me know what you find out. he responded.

He then looked at the other men there, and shook his head.

"Joke." he said.

"We're not dating." he told them... though he had to admit, he felt a little sad when he made the statement.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 08:25:53 )

Jordan used her mana to get to the campus, using a nearby alley again to appear in. She made her way out of the alley and onto the campus. As she made her way into the main building, though, she paused. She realised that she had no idea where the hell she could hope to be going, she didn't even know anything about what the hell it was that her brother was even there for in the first place. If she knew that, maybe she'd be able to find it a lot better.

"Ah damn." She muttered as she realised that she hadn't planned it out well enough.

"Whatever." She muttered [b]"I'll just wander and hope to find. After a few halls though, she paused. She had access to his gmail, as he had access to hers, specifically for this kind of event on their phones.

She booted up her brothers google account, and the GPS location history, hoping he had the GPS on.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.