Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Demon Den - A Lurker's Home

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 14:16:23 )
@Ouja Akuma: ahh sounds like you had a good chunk of time to make her life amazing at least

e

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 00:23:04 )
@MoodyB: summer sweaters would be so nice. I love sweaters so much that winter is only good for the fact I can wear them again lol.
I went a whole year without heat or ac due to our unit being dead...it was awful.

@ChiffonOrange: Oh yes, very comfy. I watched anime all night last night on my couch, it was great.

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 00:23:58 )
@eyry: oh yeah! She lives a very spoiled life even now. She gets nicer softer foods, a bed, extra head pats. Everything

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 00:36:11 )
@Ouja Akuma: Ah I see *nods* What anime did you watched last night? If is it alright to ask? :o

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:37:53 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

ooh nice! i just looked thru ur comic ouja ^^ fun and i love the themes :3
can i ask how it's hosted / what u think of whatever you're using for hosting?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 07:42:34 )
@ChiffonOrange: I was rewatching Magi! It's such a good anime, I wish it got a 3rd season T_T

@xvz: Thanks so much! I hope to get back into a normal posting style again but uh. Covid lol.
I used to use Smackjeeves but they sold out and became this awful webtoons knockoff that was kinda a pay to read kind of site which punished us who wanted to be free to read creators. So I moved to Comic Fury, and it's really nice. Keeps to the classic. Many of us from SJ went there actually. The hosting is for free and the site owner even says you can use your own domain for free, he just asks to maybe throw some money at the patreon to keep the site going. The community is super nice too and the graphs to show traffic is immensely helpful. I really enjoy hosting with them, but I do have my own site in the works for my more nsfw stuff. I will continue to cross post however.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 07:55:33 )

oh cool! i heard from someone abt the smackjeeves thing, that's pretty unfortunate :-/
i remember like a decade ago(?) a friend of mine had a comic on there and it seemed like a common platform for indie webcomics (hmmm are all webcomics indie, is that redundant lol ...) but the site definitely looks very different now (which isn't bad in itself, sometimes redesigns can be good) and i'm guessing operates on a different model now though

that's nice that comic fury seems like a good platform though :3
what are you doing for ur own site?? like ru doing it all from scratch, or ?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 07:56:59 )
@Ouja Akuma: Ooh I see! *nods* Hmmm... I guess it depends on the popularity or the creators of said anime wanted to or not? I think?

Re: webtoons, Ah... those pay to read webtoons such as L*zhin and a few. :o Tbh I never read any webcomic recently and the thought of hosting a site for your webcomic for free is pretty neat imo

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 13:02:42 )
@Ouja Akuma: hehe don't let the other dogs catch wind of her special treatment

e

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 07:31:40 )
@xvz: Well SJ had a fantastic forum that had a lot of community events like a secret santa and the like. So the update got rid of the forums entirely. So CF having a forum was what people want. It helps us market, get critiques, etc. Plus the secret santa was so fun!! I did it almost every year. SJ really kinda just said "f u community" and yeah....I don't know a single person I followed that uses that site anymore. Like for my comic, scrolling style just isn't right so SF is now scrolling to be mobile compatible (which is totally fine) but a looooooooot of us got kinda...booted.

As for my site, it's being built from the ground up. I did design a template in photoshop for my coder to base off of and it's been really easy so far. Still got some bugs to fix and really solidify the page uploading scheme but so far so good!

@ChiffonOrange: Well for Magi, the 2nd season didn't do too well considering other big animes came out at the same time. It was unfortunate. The manga was FANTASTIC and it's been highly requested for a 3rd season, or at least an OVA to show the arc where the 2nd season left off (cuz jfc that arc explained EVERYTHING so it was a god awful clifhanger). It's been too long now so I doubt a 3rd season will approach....*sad*

I love free webcomic sites! But they're nothing without us contributors so it's an equal service. They provide the site, we provide the traffic. c:

@eyry: Oh. They know. It's also her birthday today (15th) so EXTRA TREATMENT FOR THE BABY.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 13:21:45 )
@ouja akuma: True, true. *nods* Can't blame them though as you said most of them came out at the same time, month or year and yeah, I feel pretty bad for the lesser known or unpopular animes out there. And booo to cliffhangers Dx No one likes cliffhangers in general especially when a season had ended without a proper ending. On an unrelated note, what other animes (old or new, doesn't matter) have you watched besides Magi? It's okay if you don't answer, I understand *nods*

Ah I see *nods again* As long as the readers keep their sites up, it's all good :3 Oh! Speaking of webcomics, I just took a peek on your webcomic for a moment and wanted to say it looks good! I like how creative you made that comic strip format.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 14:02:21 )
@Ouja Akuma: ooooh what does she get for her birthday?

e

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 06:03:19 )
@ChiffonOrange: I currently watch My Hero and Haikyuu. I just finished watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood for the first time and enjoyed it. I've also watched Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon, Project K, Makai Ouji, DBZ, and Inuyasha. There's others but I cant remember them all off the top of my head. I don't watch that much at once but winter is a good time for me to binge for some reason. What have you watched?

And thanks! I use Manga Studio for everything and it has preloaded page layouts ready to use. I love this program.

@eyry: She got some chicken nuggets!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 08:02:21 )
@ouja akuma: Dang, that's a lot of anime you have lol, I've heard of My Hero Academia and Haikyuu but I wasn't really interested though I'm aware that these two anime are really popular in my area (well, country actually lol). Yeah, it's better to watch any show or do whatever you like than doing nothing especially in this pandemic. *nods*

Oh boy I haven't watched any anime recently (I lowkey started binge watching on cartoons or animated (mostly non-anime) movies) since the last anime I watched was Banana Fish but that was in year 2018 lmao. Then there's Tokyo Babylon (the OVA ones), Watamote, Patlabor 2 the Movie and a few anime I can't remember well or must've forgotten about them. >.>;;

And you're very welcome c: And I see *nods* Having preloaded page layouts are handy depending on how you use them.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 14:23:44 )
@Ouja Akuma: nice! chicken nuggets are yummy
I want some now too xD

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 07:50:52 )
@ChiffonOrange: I used to watch a lot of anime but as I got older, my tastes became different and now I'm like...new anime? Uuuuh let me just rewatch my classics for the 3947th time lol. Demon Slayer was probably my most recent anime to watch. I loved it to pieces.

@eyry: Get them nuggies!!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 11:29:38 )

@ouja akuma: oh cool ^^ was the secret santa like the art exchange kind?
i can't believe sj would get rid of forums, i feel like that's where the community lives??

that's cool you're building ur site from the ground up ^^ how did u find ur coder?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 12:26:26 )
@ouja akuma: I see haha, I understand *nods* Everyone's interests tend to change overtime and it's normal to feel like as if your interests had started to shift to other hobbies or stuff. And I see *nods* I never watched it but that anime is just as popular as any other well-known anime even my brother really likes watching it (although he prefers the manga, I think?) (0 w0 )

Speaking of changing interests, I used to be really into video games (PC games, MMOs, etc.) as a kid/teen but gradually grew out of most of them as a young adult.... Except some arcade games (mainly rhythm games) haha, I don't play mobile games that often though

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 12:49:52 )
-wanders in-

I love Magi! I need to rewatch it again. :) Morgiana is my favourite character and Alibaba is a close second. ^^

-wanders back out to sleep-

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 10:13:14 )
@xvz: People would sign up and everyone would draw something from their webcomic. It was a good way to get people to see your comic but also enjoy seeing what people created. It was so fun, it was the biggest user run event they had every year, some people came just for that.
We have 0 idea why they removed the forum but I just learned that the site, after one year of buy out, is shutting down. I'm bitter sweet about it because that site got me into webcomics but the buyout was awful. They close at the end of the month.

I found them in an ad posting in the Deviantart forums! They've been super amazing and are able to do anything I need and they're super affordable. Tho I'm giving them way more money then what they asked because wow, I'm impressed.

@ChiffonOrange: Demon Slayer is FANTASTIC. It's so well done from the animation to the music. Ugh. So good. *cry*
I used to play MMO's! But my computer cant handle them anymore so I kinda had to stop. Idk if I'll pick them back up when I upgrade but who knows. I was an avid player in Perfect World but it's so much a pay to win game now I lost interest. I still listen to the music tho.

@Juliette: Wander back in when you wake up! Because I LOVE Magi. Alibaba is my favorite and then Judar cuz I'm villain trash. I really wished for a third season :'c
Comic | Cosplay

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.