Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I cannot catch a friggin break [update!]

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 06:10:03 )

UPDATE:
MOM REPLACED EVERYTHING SHE TOSSED
I'm still gonna store stuff at my bf's place in the future but I'm glad that this time I got through to her. This is quite out of character for the stubborn lady to give any form of apology about something. I appreciate it.

---

My mother threw all my food away while I was gone for 7 freaking days. Im so livid and sad, I had a busy afternoon full of crabby people, I just wanted to have some ice cream and watch tv
:vanora_cry:
Ive been having financial issues cause it's like I'm constantly being hit with unexpected things I need to take care of, and all my bills are coming out this week. Last thing I needed was like $20-30 worth of my food to be suddenly trashed for no reason. Probably cause my mother rather purge my things than to clean out her own old ass food from the back of the fridge/freezer to make room for more.

of course when confronted she just tells me I can't tell her what to do in her house. ugh

This fully ruined my day :(

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 14:16:34 )
"I will be kind and I will be sweet,"

That's such a rude thing to do to someone who lives with you!! She should've at least asked first.
I'm sorry she did that, and I hope it doesn't happen again :(

"If you stop staring straight through me."

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 15:47:29 )

@0v7:
it's happened before, but not for my whole stash. Then for a while I wasn't allowed to store food in the kitchen at all, and also not allowed to use 95%of the food she puts in there. I was quite the anorexic kid >:|

My bf lets me store stuff at his place but I try not to too much cause yknow, it's not my home and he has room mates so I don't want to take up space.
Gonna have to though.

Im honestly betting it's something to do with the elections. My parents are kinda being snappy in general cause they think the Democrats are uber cheating and they just want trumpster to win, so they're pissssssed even though the results aren't out yet.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 16:05:19 )

@Jolly: She sounds horrible. It's important to keep your food somewhere 'cause you've got to be able to eat!
My relatives are all a mixed bag irt the election, my uncle wanting Trump to win and my aunt, his wife, wanting Biden to win. It's a little tense for everyone rn I think D:

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 16:47:02 )

@0v7:
Yeah, I wont get too into how annoying my family is cause I know I've ranted about them plenty on here already. But they are two extremes lol Either extremely bad or extremely good, and they contradict themselves on a regular. So living with them is like always having emotional whiplash.

Ive always been apathetic during elections. I care for the results, dont get me wrong, but I dont care to hurt the people around me if they have opposing thoughts. My bf is the same way, so we've just been chilling in our bubble while his room mate gets all stressed out about it in the next room lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:02:19 )

@Jolly: My mom and uncle are the same way :( hopefully you can get outta there sooner rather than later.

I don't talk politics with my family because they all tend lean right, while I'm very much a leftist. Also, I'm the same about hurting other people around me when it comes to politics - it just makes the tension worse imo. I'm happier with keeping my opinions to myself.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:21:31 )

@0v7:
Yeah I've been actively working on that goal. From college to licensure (which I should hopefully obtain in 5 more days). But then I'll need a couple months to feel for my pay and see what I can afford.

Yeah, same thoughts. I know how much politics affect our lives, but there's only so much to be done about it.
So I just sit quiet and play WoW until I hear further notice. ;v;

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:23:44 )

@Jolly: I hope it works out!!!
I've been playing Dappervolk and soon, ACNH. Anything to keep my mind off of the current politics. >w>;
What's WoW like nowadays? I haven't played since WotLK.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 03:45:31 )

@0v7:
Yeah I hadn't played WoW much since like, 2010. I tried to get back into it last year and it was rubbish, but recently they've made huge changes to it. Squashed the level cap down to 60, made a new beginner zone and so far seems pretty fast with leveling (but not like, TOO fast). And you can play it for free until level 20, even if you already have a high level character. So far I'm kinda liking it

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 14:18:04 )

@Jolly: I might try it but also I already have sooo many games and avatar sites I'm keeping up with lol. Last time I played was a year ago on a private server that had WotLK on it.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.