Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 18:00:51 )
@sunny: Ahhh, yes, that was an assumption on my part. Sorry about that! :3 Yes, I knew that, actually. It's actually becoming more of a common thing here too for those young people who live in the cities. Regardless, I'm glad she is excited for the car and the whole learning how to drive thing!! Do you have plans or desire to learn how to drive at some point Sunny??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 18:04:43 )

@Wildfire: no worries! Yes she is loving it, she has been taking her dog to lots of new parks etc. She lives relatively close to Nottingham City centre but she works quite far away (near me actually) and she can't wait until she passes her test and can drive it to work.
Umm idk if I would want to drive, it's kinda expensive. Also, I'm not allowed to drive because of my medication and my mental health issues. But I don't mind! I am happy with public transport (COVID aside lol).

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 20:03:25 )
@sunny: well, I guess for you the whole driving thing is a moot point, isn't it? At least you have public transportation, right?!

This has been a weird day. It has started out a little late but ok and there's nothing I can really identify as "weird" that has happened but it just has that sense about it somehow...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 20:37:32 )
@Wildfire: I understand that "weird" feeling. Today feels off, although everything is going along rather normally.
well, there's extra estrogen in my house. Could be that I'm adjusting to women being in my house.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 20:42:44 )
@Koah: LOL - well, that's always a possibility! That's not the issue here, but whatever the reason, it's always a little bizarre...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 20:49:03 )

@Wildfire: oh I know that feeling! When something is just wrong, but you can't pinpoint what exactly. Maybe you're forgetting something?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 20:59:39 )
@sunny: That's usually a good guess, but in this case, I've actually remembered a few things that I wasn't thinking about before. It has been a fairly productive day, but ... different. Maybe because it's cold here today? LOL!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:01:33 )

@Wildfire: LOL i don't know! Sometimes the weather wreaks havoc with our bodies? I guess???

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:08:20 )
@sunny: Maybe. Or maybe it's just Tuesday vibes - lol!! XD
I'm enjoying the cool weather, though it is not normal for us, here (it's in the mid 50s*F... so, about 13*C?)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:09:48 )

@Wildfire: oh I didn't think Florida got temperatures that low? Is it usual for this time of year?
That isn't that cold for me lol XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:13:21 )
@sunny: Oh yeah, it definitely gets that low here (I'm in the center of the state too, so further north would get colder, sooner and for longer). It reaches freezing here too, but usually only for a few days at a time - not enough for snow, if it falls ,to last more than 5 minutes on the ground at 6am, but it happens. Also I've noticed, after spending much of my life much further north in the US that these temperatures here somehow feel much colder than it does there. I think it has to do with the humidity levels?? -shrugs- I have the windows in the house open ATM - it's a nice change of pace :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:18:55 )

@Wildfire: oh I had no idea it got so cold there :O I always imagine it as being very tropical, hot and windy etc. So you've never had snow? Do you get frost/ice?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:22:41 )
@sunny: it doesn't usually snow here, no. And no, not usually much ice or frost either unless it's an unusually cold year. Snow has fallen, but it doesn't tend to stay... and again, that's only if it's a cold year... which this one, so far, is shaping up to be. But, in typical Florida fashion, it will be back up to 75*F/24*C by the end of this week :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:28:30 )

@Wildfire: omg :O That's so weird that the temperature can fluctuate like that. It has been about 8 degrees here (46F) and it will probably stay that way for the first half of December and then it gets REALLY cold :O

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:30:05 )
Also, not counting hurricanes, it's surprisingly not windy here at all. When I first moved here, I had to get use to the relative silence due to the lack of wind. Hot and humid and tropical? Yes!!

And I grew up in and around snow, so that is not an usual thing for me... but it is here...

Your weather sounds much more like "New England" area of the US ... only it's probably a little colder there right now. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:38:02 )

@Wildfire: yeah so far this winter has been pretty mild. Though I guess winter hasn't been here for long. I expect temperatures to drop a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a lot of snow this year. We hardly had any last winter, which is a shame because I like snow (looking at it, walking in it is a different matter lol).

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:40:42 )
@sunny: LOL! Yes - looking at it or even casually walking through the middle of a good snowstorm is one thing. Trying to get to and fro during the normal day, through ice, slush, puddles and over snow piles is a different matter altogether!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:45:06 )

@Wildfire: LOL I am shivering just imagining it! We haven't had a really good snowfall for a few years now, I kinda miss it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:46:52 )
@sunny: LOL! <3 I'll be hanging out in Florida ;) ...maybe the weather will even be warm enough to go to the beach! ;)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 21:52:20 )

@Wildfire: oh wow I'm so jealous XD I really miss being warm all the time lol (it was always warm in Italy).

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.