Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:35:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@0v7: I have 2 more parts to finish for the samples
and then i shall be done.

I don't have too many samples. But enough to make simple sample sheets.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:38:10 )

@0v7: oh damn yeah that's a shitty move by your pharmacy :O I hope you lodged a complaint? That must have been tough!
Olanzapine is actually my miracle drug lol I love it, it basically saved my life. I was bedbound before taking it.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:41:05 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@MoodyB: I should make a collage of my art, kinda like what you're doing I think? just for fun. Though, I only draw my personas... >w>

@sunny: We haven't, because we're just gonna switch pharmacies - they've been terrible for the past 4 months. They've been charging so much for my medication now - my birth control WAS $20, now it's $50 , since they gave us the name brand and not the generic that I was prescribed.. my AP was $80 but that was a screw up on my doctor's part - she prescribed Lamictal XR and not the immediate release kind :/

Olanzapine was so good for me until I got the chest pain - but that was 4 years in with taking it :0 It's weird hallucinating + being paranoid again, but I'm hoping this one works better than Abilify TwT

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:44:24 )

@0v7: oh wow, I had no idea drugs were so expensive :( I hope you guys can switch to a new pharmacy soon, imo a good pharmacy is as valuable as a good doctors.
I'm only 2 years in with Olanzapine. I hope I don't get those side effects (I actually have almost no side effects) because yeah I do not wanna go back to how things were before. I am crossing my fingers that your med kicks in soon!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:44:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@0v7: Sounds like a good idea.
I draw a bunch of random things. Though i don't draw half bodies often
due to..hands.. I think that is the only part in art i struggle with...
i should probably do more half bodies soon.

I basically am making a sheet for lineart pieces, flat pieces, and experimental i call for the other one.
it shall be done soon.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:49:05 )

@sunny: They usually aren't for us since we pay cash + use generics for all my medications.. but my doctor prescribed Lamictal XR which is like, $80... Lamictal is $8, and also my pharmacy sucks lately for some reason. I'll probably be switching to the Walmart pharmacy, honestly.

I'm hoping so too, 'cause it's a bit weird experiencing symptoms I haven't felt in years. I should be good in a couple weeks to a month tho!
I think the main side effect I had with Olanzapine was weight gain and feeling drowsy during the day :0

@MoodyB: Hands are tough - I somehow grasped the idea of them one draw and can draw them alright ever since. I have no idea how, honestly...
I'm doing sketches, flats, and "paintings" (can I even call them that? Lol)
What's your experimental art like? I should play around with my art more but... I've been so busy trying to apply for the pixelist position that I haven't had time :(

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:51:57 )

It's okay koneko :3
I'm glad to see you poke your head in :D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:54:12 )

@0v7: oh that's not too bad. I can't believe the extended release is so much more! :O idk how they can justify that expense. I hope you can sort something out soon. And I hope the transition period goes smoothly for you, I know how much that sucks.
I have actually gained a tonne of weight on Olanzapine, but I was drastically underweight before so no one is too bothered lol. I do get drowsy too but I would rather take the side effects than the psychosis etc lol.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:56:35 )

@sunny: Yeah, extended release is for those with epilepsy, which.. I don't have lol. I'm not sure why she prescribed that one first..? The cheapest it gets is $60 at Costco - which is an hour and a half drive one way for me.
I gained so much weight on it but honestly, I didn't mind it much. My only problem is my cholesterol levels >_>

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:58:37 )
@star2000shadow: its that one rare monthly i just learnt recently that it has that gorgeous skirt. Youre the evil Queen right? :D
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 21:59:40 )

@0v7: maybe it was an error? Or.... I had to take XR of an anti-convulsant because the standard one was too strong for me and I've heard that's pretty common so maybe they were just trying to save you the trouble?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:00:00 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@0v7: I break them down really weird. Or Poorly so im working to break them down better than I do.
as i am very bad with shapes so going to work better at breaking down these hands.
I need to get back into my hand studies. a while ago i did hand studies of 5 per day for a month.

My experimental pieces look more like this
[X] or this [X]
It's just me experimenting with multiply or overlay layers. and messing around with different light sources.

I would not apply if you are too busy as being part of a site is a lot of work.
I've worked for 2 sites. not as an artist but i was a writer on one and an item colorist on another
and it's a lot of work, probably a lot more work being an artist. you can always apply at another time when you are not as busy.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:01:09 )

I took tegretol for like a year. I am still supposed to take it but it was giving me migraines :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:03:35 )

I am surprised Wildfire and Total aren't here....

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:03:39 )

Koneko - It seems to be working a bit - my paranoia isn't as bad so far and I'm about 2 weeks in. I'm gonna ask to switch regardless bc I can't afford $80 a month for a single med TwT

@sunny: Maybe! Though, I don't think it'd be too strong for me - I've got some severe hallucinations without meds :0

@MoodyB: Hand studies help a lot!! I think Koneko's tip is good for that too :0

Your experimental art is so nice to look at :3!!! I love the colors!!

I'm busy with the pixelist application, otherwise I'm pretty free most of the time! I'm trying to adjust to this site's style, 'cause the last site I did items for was Recolor.me >w>

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:05:30 )

@0v7: no i meant like physically too strong. Like it can affect your blood pressure I think. It gets released too quickly in your body and your body processes it too quickly. Idk....

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:06:56 )

@sunny: Ohhh, I thought you meant mentally >w>; I could try it next month since I already have XR for this month maybe :3

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:07:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@0v7: For me i just need to improve at shapes overall.
I don't avoid hands at all, but mine end up bad since i draw them finger by finger.
hands are just trial and error.

Hopefully people want to commission me.
it's hard to advertise commissions and such with social medias since come block links,
and a lot of jumping through hoops with it.

Ah okay then.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:08:02 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Kairu: LOL ok, that was a little too cringey, even for me XD

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:08:19 )

@0v7: I hope that whatever you try works for you! I feel your pain. It's hard being messed around with different drugs etc...

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.