Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Autumn Block Party 2017 Velvet's Design Boutique [Autumn Block Party]

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:32:41 )

“Hey! Hey you! Yeah, you! Come here, would you?

I need you to work on something for me. My newest clothing line is missing the last perfect piece, and you seem like someone who could help me figure out what that piece is. Sketch out what you think is the most perfect clothing item that says “FALL”, okay? Something...something I could wear on a chilly October morning while drinking my pumpkin spice latte, you know? Only, make it something that Vontell could wear, too, so he doesn’t grump at me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Velvet’s Design Boutique contest! The aim of this contest is to help Velvet come up with a perfect outfit for her new featured clothing line. Velvet will take clothing design ideas that are submitted over the course of the block party, and at the end of the event, pick the design that she likes and thinks fits the theme the most. The winning item will become the newest common to be added to her shop, City Rack, where volties can buy it in the full spread of Voltra colors.

The user who submits the winning design will receive the item in each of the 25 colors it will be released in, in addition to 500 Ohms, a Sweetcake set, and a choice of recolor options for Velvet’s event items--of which they will, of course, receive a copy!
The silver runner up will receive 500 Ohms.
The bronze runner up will receive 250 Ohms.

In between event submissions, feel free to chat about the current designs, design ideas, and your current favorites! Velvet will unlock a new event pose every 25th page of the thread.

Your current goal is to hit page 25. When you do, you will unlock a second EI in Velvet’s name.

Things to keep in mind:
★ Each user may submit up to 3 different designs for Velvet’s contest.
★ This contest is for a common that will be added to City Rack. That means it must be a clothing item, such as a dress, shirt, pants, skirt, suit, jumper, etc. Accessories, shoes, or body mods will not be accepted as valid submissions.
★ Designs that are submitted to Voltra design contests have a chance of becoming future items. By submitting a design to this contest, you agree that your design may be utilized in this way as the artists see fit. In exchange, Voltra agrees that the original account that submitted the design will receive copies of the item that is created from the design.
★ Velvet will judge her favorite design based on how well it fits the theme and how cute she thinks the concept is. She will not select a design based purely on the artistic ability of the designer.
★ Designs submitted must be the design of the user who submits them. Submitting a design that you do not own will result in a forfeiture of the contest and possibly a ban from the site. Plagiarism and art theft are not acceptable.
★ Designs may not contain copyrighted images.
★ Designs that contain multiple colors must designate a primary color. When the winning event is made into an item, the primary color is the color that will be recolored to fit Voltra’s 25 color pallette. All other colors will stay the same on every copy of the item. For example, if Vanora’s hair were created as an item for Volties to wear, and the eggplant of her hair were considered the primary color, the bark recolor of the item would still have sunshine tips because the yellow in the design is not the primary color.

Miss Kitty:

Entry 1 - Fall Leaf Top
Changable = orange

Entry 2 - Pumpkin Shorts
Changable = Orange

Entry 3 - Fall Hoodie
Changable color = Red
Non = Orange

blinkini:

Entries 1 & 2

Neko:

Entry 1 - Suspended Skirt

Suspended Skirt, a two tiered ruffled short skirt with golden heart clips that connect the suspenders to the skirt. one piece.
The gold buttons ALWAYS stay gold, the rest changes with Voltra's colors. I suppose the gold clips will stay the shade HONEY
A perfectly cute layering piece for autumn!

Entry 2 - Pom-Pom Sweater Dress

Comfy, casual, and just warm and baggy enough to make you feel snuggly and cute anywhere you go. Perfect to keep out the autumn chill!
Pompoms always stay white. :)

Entry 3 - Casual Checkered Sweater

The casual checkered sweater is perfect for any social gathering. It's sophisticated and warm, but with a hint of edge.
Heathered gray looking sweater = changeable colors
black and white = stay these colors

mdom:

Entry 1-

It's supposed to be a sleeved cape... although it looks like an odd blouse
Original color - coal
Entry 2

Tartan pattern. original colors - cherry and coal

Melite:
Entry 1 - Pumpkin Skirt
this is meant to be around knee length

Entry 2 - longjohns - pattern with latte & tea cup pattern

Tuijp:

I made you a nice warm coat, dear. It's getting colder and there is more rain and a storm coming up

I made you a dress!

cedes:

Saeyra:

Shark:

Here's my 1st entry! :D A fuzzy hoodie.

Luffer Nutter:

Autumn cat tights

Black cat sweater

Pumpkin patch top

AliceinZombieland:

Entry #1 - Long-sleeved Knit Buckle Dress
Primary Color would be Wine. Sorry I'm no good at pixelling so I couldn't do some nice knit textures.

Mica:

Entry 1, 2 annnd 3.

HNG. COATS GUYS!?

Panda:

2nd

3rd

Raxton:

dragoness129:

Entry 1
Owl inspired dress. Owls are pretty popular during the Autumn season. ^_^

Entry 2
Pumpkin inspired ball gown.

The clothing on the avatars is just an outline to show where it sits and its general shape. ^_^

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:34:31 )
Meet Velvet

“Oh, are you the paparazzi? I guess I can do a quick interview.

I’m Velvet Wattson, which you already knew, of course. I run the City Rack, which is easily the best store in Voltra. I used to own it, but I guess daddy had to sell the deed when the corporation started having money problems? Don’t think I’ll take your crap just because I don’t own it anymore, though.

I sell only the best clothes from the best manufacturers, and in my free time, I occasionally model them. I also like to visit back home, in Electric, but I guess it’s not as safe to do anymore. I’m sure you want to know everything else about me, but I’ve got work to do.”

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:34:52 )
“Vivienne says I should make it easy to find what you make me. I guess she has a point. Why don’t you quote this post, so I know when you’re giving me your ideas? And, I don’t know, I’ll say something that makes it easy to find those submissions, like..”

CITY RACK HAS THE CUTEST CLOTHES.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:41:57 )
Totally entering this!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:47:15 )
She is my favorite NPC. Can't wait to know more about her.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:48:49 )
I might enter this.. I have a cardigan in mind~
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 06:38:27 )

Cardigan, huh? I guess I could see it... I'm always cold, so I could definitely see something nice and warm like that...
Yeah, make me that!

...Unless you think you've got better ideas for your two entries, I guess...

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 06:38:30 )
Can't wait to see everyone's submissions!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:17:03 )
Oooooh! This is Project Runway now! :vanora_sun:

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:26:05 )
Oh no, Velvet is back at the shop right now, but I'm just gonna leave her this little note ...

Deeear ... Velvet ...

YOU HAVE GOT TO GO SEE WHAT VONTELL DID! He TOTALLY posted at the top of the page in his OWN RAFFLE THREAD. I wasn't going to be a meanie about it, but I DEFINITELY think you should let him hear it. HEE-HEE!

Come visit me at my contest thread too!

Love ... Vivi!!!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:33:26 )
Aww, that is an adorable note!

Npc — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:38:18 )
Well look who's a little tattle-tail...
Velvet, darling, go easy on me.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 09:13:38 )
Lol. I'll hug everyone so no one can get in trouble!

Voltie — Overlord Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 09:43:23 )
@dragoness129: Dragoooonnnnnnnnn

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 09:45:11 )
I'm going, Ash. (whispers: To shower)

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 10:55:04 )
Velvet:

Changable = orange

Changable = Orange

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 11:03:50 )
I'm already loving The npc!
It's so great to see them active and interacting.

Miss Kitty: nice entry! It's very cute! I think it looks a bit like something a fairy would wear.

(I hope someday we get leaf fairy wings)

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 11:21:40 )
Velvet:

Changable color = Red
Non = Orange

|

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 11:29:22 )
Nice hoodie. I like the sleeve length. Sleeves should always be that long. XD

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 11:32:45 )
Those are some really great entries!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.