Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Well met, friends!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 05:34:15 )
Hello! Newly joined, but been around avatar forums before several years ago, namely Gaia, Ernya, and Syndrone...

Two questions of high importance: 1) Is there something equivalent to a "dream avatar creator"? and 2) What's the layering system like here? I really enjoyed making "organized-cluttered" avatars on Ernya and I'm curious if it's something I can somewhat recreate here.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 06:12:42 )
@Vixen: Hello and welcome and no there is no Dream Avatar creator :/ but we have an item Museum where you can check out the stuff ;)
Ernya was simple awesome with layering. Here you can layer too its just a Bit more complicated but i saw really cute cluttered avis :))

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 06:15:34 )
@Miss Sandman: Thank you! Yes, I read through most of the musuem already, though it's a bit more difficult to imagine how the items will layer over each other. I just blew through my starter volts to trial/error a couple layering experiments, but so far I really like how much variety there is in the "common" items.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 06:51:01 )
@Vixen: like i say layering is complicated on here. But the avis you can create are awesome
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 07:15:32 )
@Miss Sandman: Based on what I've managed so far, the complicated part is figuring out which layers which items go on without owning any of them haha! The results seem to be what I would describe as a "simplified clutter". I'd post a screenshot of my current preview, but I forget the joys of forums requiring me to host images elsewhere ;p So instead, my current list of items include: Belted Dress, Raver Croptop, Vermillion Top, Miniskirt, Stockings, Stocking Stripes, Platinum Bell Collar, and base/facial items. I -think- the addition of Cute Bob, Foxy Ponytail, Winter Boots Cloud, Large Bow, Solid Monarch Butterfly or Cloud Feather Clip, and Raver Mask (and possibly Winged Anklets) will work for a good starter cluttered effect. Then again, I can't tell if these items are on the same layers or not lol. I am noticing a lot of chest/choker pieces share the same layer, so layering isn't possible there...but Multi Necklace and Crescent Necklace seems to not clash with those. Unrelated, but I do like the having easy access to witch hats and lolita fashion styled items though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 08:03:25 )
@Bioshock: Hello and thank you! I too am excited to get a first avatar going, but currency being a natural limitation and I appear to have decided to join during an off-hour when most folks are offline anyway. The joys of being a night owl I suppose...

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 08:36:55 )
@vixen: hello there welcome to voltra:) I hope you'll like it here and stick around .. there's a Halloween event coming soon ^.^

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 08:38:46 )
@vixen: there's an undercurrent thread that you can spam on for currency I don't think there's a limit

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 10:07:29 )
@vixen: Hi there and welcome to Voltra :3 Hope you enjoy your experience here!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 16:05:17 )

@Vixen: hey welcome! I think I remember you from Ernya!
I’ll set you up with more volts so you can buy more commons :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 20:19:27 )
Hi and welcome! I’m still kinda new myself. Anyways it’s nice to meet you!

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:14:46 )
@LilMissKushy: Hello and thank you! Ah, I always do enjoy event items, though I suspect I won't have as much time to actively participate on the forums as the ye olde days of my avatar forum history. I will definitely take a look at the spam forum, but I will admit I see very little benefit in spamming the same content... even if it is for currency. I think I might set up a art shop or something.

@Chiffonorange: Hello and thank you! So far, so good!

@Lilypoo: Hello and thanks for the welcome! A guide certainly couldn't hurt, but ease of locating information is usually my limiting factor when it comes to lengthy forum guides. Dream avatar creators that mimic the actual dressing room is easiest simply because of the immediate feedback that comes from trial/error.

@totalanimefan: Hello and yes, I vaguely recall your username from Ernya. Glad to see some familiar faces here! Also thank you for your generosity :) I shall put them to good use!

@peptobismol: Hello and thank you! Always a pleasure to meet new folks :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:19:32 )

@Vixen: You're welcome. :)
What have you been up to?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:21:19 )
@totalanimefan: After my avatar forum days I started playing a MMORPG for years and then I played Overwatch for years, and here we are now lol. How about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:29:29 )

@Vixen: Nice. I've pretty much been on avatar sites. Voltra is my new home and it's only been around since Sept 2017, so there was a large gap with nothing. XD
In rl since Ernya shut down I found a kitty and he is now my wonderful cat <3 I moved this summer from California to DC. Which is coast to coast and a long journey. But I'm really liking it here!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:32:00 )
@totalanimefan: Ernya closing was probably the real killer for me. Never found an avatar system that could compare. I'm glad there are a lot of similar colors on Voltra though!

Oh that's wonderful! What kind of kitty is he? I'm glad you like your new place. Moves are hard.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:36:28 )

@Vixen: Yeah I was so upset when Ernya closed, and it was so sudden. I didn't get a chance to save any avatars or ask people were everyone was going to hang out instead. Ernya system was really great. Here is cool too and the staff are really good at listening to feedback. They are always working hard on events too. They are a ton of fun. Last year for the Halloween type event there was a mystery that we all had to try and solve. There were new puzzles and pieces to the mystery happening each day and we could even ask the NPC questions about what went down.
For the Valentines Day event this year the staff made a dating sim with our NPCs. That was a blast.

It's grey and white. The vet said an American Medium Hair. Moving is super hard. + the Pandemic too.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:40:57 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah I wasn't really that active when the closing occurred, but I managed to salvage some of my avatars. (Granted, I used to use Photobucket for hosting and they've started charging for space and I haven't touched it in like ... 7 years.)

Ah murder mysteries are always fun! I love problem-solving community events. The dating sim event sounds like a fun take on vday. I don't know if I would have enjoyed it myself, but the idea is really cool.

Yeah 2020 was sure one special year...and not in a good way. I hope you managed to move to DC before California burned down every summer... :/

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:46:51 )

@Vixen: Did you get it off of Photobucket before it became a paid service? ^^;

Yeah I wonder what is going to happen this time! I'm so excited. XD The dating sim was fun, it was something that you could do quickly, and when you finished a character route you got their event item for free~ Oh also you can play the jigsaw game and during events it grants you event currency.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/27 22:50:47 )

Oh and I am glad that moved out of CA before this horrible wildfire season. I've lived with them for the last 5 years and it's only getting worse. I don't know how I would have made it through this season. The windows in my old place where horrible and it would have leaked the smoke in even if they were closed.

Have you been affected by the wildfires on the west coast?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.