Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Autumn Block Party 2017 Vanora's Autumnal Art Contest [Autumn Block Party]

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:22:39 )

“Would you just look at the leaves … This place is booming with color!

Don’t you all just love autumn? The leaves are turning and showing all sorts of awesome colors, and everything smells just as good as it looks! I’m such a fan of adding splashes of color to a wardrobe, and autumn inspires me in ways that you can’t even imagine. I’m always trying to throw new stuff on Vivienne because she wears it so well, and I know these reds and oranges would go great with her hair! But then there’s the predicament of picking something out for everyone else … I need to see everyone out and about in this weather to get an idea of what accessories they’ll need.

I know! How about you all add your own ‘splashes of color’ to our event with your artistic talents?! We’ll have an art contest! You show me what myself and the others are doing to celebrate the fall season--I have no doubt it’ll be the perfect inspiration for how I’m going to dazzle up everyone’s wardrobe this autumn!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Vanora’s Autumnal Art Contest! The aim of this contest is to depict Vanora and/or the other shopkeeper NPCs celebrating the fall season. Vanora will choose her top three favorites based on the criteria listed below. To submit art for Vanora’s contest, put your artistic talents to the test and upload your final piece to a site like Imgur, and link it in her thread. The contest will end on October 8, after which Vanora will choose her favorites!

Vanora’s top favorite will win 1000 Ohms, a Sweetcake Set, and the ability to choose a recolor for Vanora’s event items, of which they’ll recieve a copy.
Her second favorite will win 750 Ohms.
Her third favorite will win 500 Ohms.

In between event submissions, feel free to chat about the current submissions, your favorites, what you want to enter, etc - Vanora will unlock a new event pose at every 10th page of the thread.

Your current goal is to hit page 10. When you do, you will unlock a second EI in Vanora's name.

Things to keep in mind:
★ Each user may submit up to 2 different pieces for Vanora’s art contest.
★ Vanora will judge her favorite art based on overall execution and originality, how well it fits the autumn theme, and how well the character (or characters) are depicted--so make sure you’ve gotten to know the NPCs! Vyctor’s Trivia and Vontell’s chat thread are very good for this.
★ Although Halloween is part of Autumn, please keep in mind that it isn’t what we’d like to see a focus on just yet, and you may be considered slightly off theme if your entry is exclusively Halloween themed.
★ Art submitted must be created the user who submits it. Submitting art that you do not own will result in a forfeiture of the contest and possibly a ban from the site. Plagiarism and art theft are not acceptable.
★ In addition, art submitted may not contain copyrighted images or copy existing art.

Anarchist Beauty:
Bow to my superior art skills man.

AliceinZombieland:
The bar has been set. No pressure. XD

cedes:
I remember Vanora mentioning how she gets super cold easily!! Somewhere, a few days ago LOL

Shark:
I drew Vivienne. :D

Yuracye:
...hopefully.
I have one animation one, and then a non-animated one, in case the animation is annoying. orz.

Tuijp:
And done with my drawing!

mdom:
I drew Velvet having a rare moment of rest, chilling in the autumn wind

cedes

Tuijp:

I drew Velvet, Vyctor and Vivienne for my second entry for the contest!

Saeyra:

Miss Kitty:
My first Entry

Second Entry

Mica:
Entry 1...and probably only entry. @_@ I did have this as a comic/scene type thing so there's two versions with and without text! :D

lazymarshmallow:
Well this was fun hahaha! It's been a while since I've done so much orange... :vanora-sweat:
*click for full size*

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:25:50 )
Meet Vanora :vanora_heart:

“Hey, are you here for a scarf? It’s getting really chilly out and I have something perfect that matches the shade of your eyes!

Oh, you just want to know about me? Well, I’m Vanora Aria. I’m from the Sound realm, so I’m all about theatrics! I used to have a store back in my home realm and my stuff was really popular there. So I decided to come to Voltra to expand my horizons and share my handcrafted items with the rest of the world! If you need any assistance whatsoever with picking out something for your hair … or even a belt, oh gosh, I have so many belts … I’m here for you!

Seriously, let’s get you that scarf I was talking about. I swear, you’re going to love it.

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:27:42 )
“Even though I’m busy working in the shop, I’m here to help! So, if you need to get my attention, please let me know with the below alert! And once you finish that awesome art I know you’ve got in the wings, show me ASAP!”

MY ART WILL KNOCK VANORA’S SOCKS OFF!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:43:00 )
Can we post now?

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:48:07 )
Sure can! I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:51:38 )
This is an awesome contest. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I won't be entering this one XD
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:56:08 )
I hope I can make time for this. Not sure who to draw or what they should be doing. D:
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 07:41:18 )
Will definitely try and participate in this. :vanora_smile:

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:13:43 )
Page 10 is such a low goal! Let's hit it tonight!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:32:33 )
Page ten sounds doable. I say as I am sure to get distracted by my own thoughts. lol

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:33:42 )
-hugs Rimi- I am here to help! ^_^

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:35:33 )
Hey there Dragon!
I'll try to post here but I don't think I'll be posting anywhere else other than here and Vontell's place, naturally. <3

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:36:27 )
It's alright. Once we get one of the page goals, we can move on to the next thread. ^_^

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:37:42 )
Well yeah, we can surely try that. lol

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:38:29 )
Just need a bit less than 200 posts! We can do it!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:39:31 )
Well less than 200 is still a lot but it sounds possible. Heheh
I wish us both lots of luck.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:39:57 )
Yeah, and if we each are posting back and forth, it is less than 100 each!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:41:32 )
Not bad, I like the sound of that actually.
What are you up to right now besides chatting around?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:42:46 )
Just chatting really. I have so many tabs up and keep shifting where ever the is a new post. ^_^

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:44:27 )
I honestly only have three tabs open right now but that might change.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.