Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk when it rains it poors

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 18:46:47 )

More rants but also Im very relieved today.
My partner has been very ill suddenly. His symptoms and signs seem like he might have mono or a very extreme tonsilitis. But more sounding like the former.
Ive been staying at his place because I noticed he wasn't breathing in his sleep. His apnea was scaring the hell out of me, so I'd only half-sleep while listening to him, and when he'd stop breathing Id flip him onto his back or sometimes have to wake him cause hed go too long without air.

Still, it got worse each night and he couldn't lay flat anymore.
The pain got so severe he couldn't sleep for more than a few minutes either. His tonsils were swelling more and more so he couldn't speak. Then he couldn't eat, it hurt so terribly.

Before it got to this, I took him to the doctor when he thought it might just be strep.
They saw him for like 5 minutes, confirmed it was a viral infection, then said "well its not strep, so cant help you!"
No advice, no further testing. I was pretty livid but kept silent until his symptoms got so severe, I brought him back to them again yesterday. They did 2 more tests, one for lipid which cleared, and one for mono that we're still waiting for the results.
they said they'd call in the afternoon for the results. yesterday.

He woke up this morning where the swelling got so much worse, I was half a step away from running him to the ER. At this point he literally could only communicate with his hands or typing to me. He convinced me to wait, since he could still breathe throug his nose and he just started taking some CBD oil that I ran out to get him last night.

I was about to be up in arms with these damn doctors. But then the CBD kicked in, his pain near vanished, his swelling halved and he could eat again. This morning he couldn't even drink water but now he's bouncing and I have to keep reminding him he's still on vocal rest.

T__T thank god for cbd
I always praised its benefits but it really worked some miracles this morning!

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 22:15:00 )
There's a lot of studies still being done to show how much CBD and THC benefit people. But it does work miracles for those who truly need that relief. And I'm glad it was an option for you when supposed medical professionals had their heads too far up their rears to listen to their patient.

I am just glad your partner has someone willing to advocate for him when he's not feeling well. I know from experience that can help a LOT.

Keep being amazing lovies! And I hope whatever is happening improves soon.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/21 15:11:13 )

@Lucifera:
Yes, there definitely isn't much studied for cbd helping with mono symptoms, but by understanding some basic properties of the extract I figured it was worth to try.
Thank god I did though, my mind is still blown by how fast he recovered from how bad it got.

We got a call from the doctor last night finally and they confirmed he has a minor case of mono based on the tests (idk how his level of pain/swelling is minor, wouldn't wanna see it in a major case lol) aaaaand they said they CAN'T HELP still. There is definitely a medication for mono so i don't know what the hell these people are on about. His symptoms were definitely hard to miss but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't pay attention beyond their textbooks. Ive always had this kind of experience since moving to this state. Southern state doctors always took care of me and my family. They were faster about it too if it was something painful or serious.

Its a damn good thing we had it handled already. This morning he woke up full of energy and excited cause he has no symptoms anymore at all. We're still gonna be cautious with diet, since the virus may still be dormant in him for a while. But im very happy

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/21 16:37:59 )

I've been informed there IS no medication for mono. So I guess I'm wrong there :O
But still cross, cause I still feel its valid to be so lmao

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 04:35:31 )
How’s he feeling now?

I had mono a good 10 years ago and it was a full month before I could do anything more than lay on the couch and even then it was months before I felt anywhere close to okay. I lost a ton of weight though because I didn’t have the energy/strength to chew solid food! 🤣

Mono is no joke.

Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.