Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Autumn Block Party 2017 Vontell's Chat Raffle! [Winner's Announced!]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:36:06 )
@Miss Kitty: Yeah the remake is the one mos people find or think of, but the original is just so good. With perfect build up in the atmosphere, and gets really psychological.

I prefer horror films, but then I'm not much a gamer in general.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:38:35 )
Ah, I'm a big gamer. xD It's one of my biggest hobbies, so it's natural that I'd gravitate toward games as my primary source of horror.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:39:37 )
I played one VR horror. It was some twin doll thing. You stayed in one room and it was the whole 'storming, power out' thing lol. Jump scare. Was pretty neat though. That was for the Gear though. The Vive, from the lets plays looks so much better. I really like that it tracks your whole motion so you can walk around the room and it'll mimic you.

The classics, rather game or movie xD Seems to be so much better. Like movies. Its so much CG now. And while it does help somewhat, something about the less CG used in the originals and just..the pure of it all...makes them that much better.
Everything lately seemed to be remade or just the same idea used over and over and over.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:42:27 )
@Miss Kitty: The Haunting's remake is late 90's CG, so it's so ugly and replaces all the wonderful suspense.

There are exceptions to the rule, but more often than not a remake just sucks compared to the original.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:44:48 )
I think it can be easier to enjoy remakes when you're part of the fandom for the original, but the opposite applies too--feeling passionate about the original movie can only make you feel more upset if you're disappointed by the quality of the remake.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:46:56 )
Agreed. Even if they are corny beyond relief, they are still better xD
I actually just watched The Shining for the first time the other day, believe it or not. Was way late to the "you have to see this" party lmao. I'm still here all questioning random parts of the movie and whatnot.

That's true too, superbearwars.
Like books! If a book is made into a movie, you can either really love it because its your favorite book becoming something you can actually see, or it becomes a disappointment because its not quite how you pictured it or they messed up certain scenes.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:48:24 )
@superbearwars: I found the remake first, but once I discovered the original the remake just lost my interest. However that one is a movie that doesn't work even when you don't know about the original or the book. Now I had this happen with The Nutty Professor, even after seeing the original I preferred the remake.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:50:48 )
@Another Movie Addict:

Yeah, I've definitely had that happen where I've discovered an original because of a remake and favored either one or the other.

@Miss Kitty:

Yeah that makes sense! I've had that happen with various things too. I'm in a lot of fandoms with multiple series within the franchise, and it's like... You either love or hate the newest series, but even if you hate it you still watch it LOL

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:53:07 )
@superbearwars: There a lot of people who would disagree with me, but I actually liked You've Got Mail and Flubber over their originals. Both were fine for their respective time periods, I just preferred the modern updates. Also the little flubber goo was adorable to tiny kitten ama.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:53:08 )
superbearwars - Right?! Like..there is no escaping it. You have to xD It'll be the worst thing ever and you'll watch it the whole way through just because its part of the franchise.
|

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:54:35 )
@Miss Kitty: Exactly xD I just got into a new fandom with like... 14 separate anime series (AND a bunch of movies) and it's dizzying how many episodes my girlfriend and I have to watch together :' ) but it's so cute and fun that we're determined to watch (almost) all of them... and we still haven't finished all of the series we want to watch from the OTHER multi-series franchise fandom we're in... ghfuhjgwegihu

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:56:23 )
Sounds like my struggle with pretty much all comic books.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:57:05 )
Ugh ;w; I need money for comic books... but I need to save money right now...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:01:54 )
@superbearwars: Is any comic stores near you going to participate in Halloween Comic Fest? Some times stores have amazing sales/discounts while they're handing out the free comics.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:02:40 )
@Another Movie Addict: I don't know. I mostly buy all of my comics online. I don't care about collecting physical copies and it's much more convenient for me this way.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:05:23 )
@superbearwars: Coolio. :3 I like going to the comic store to see all the interesting people enjoying comics. >w< this year there's a Nightwing issue for halloween comic fest. I need that comic, so I must find a way to get into town on that day.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:07:27 )
@Another Movie Addict: :o *nods* Cool! Our local comic store has a lot of collectibles and board games, so I go in there from time to time if I'm in the area, but... Of course there's rarely anything I'm interested in. xD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:09:34 )
@superbearwars: I mean, sure the issue will probably end up on ebay or amazon later on. Iunnno I just want to go to the store. It's pretty awesome in there, collecting some of the older issues. Discovering things I didn't know existed.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:10:40 )
@Another Movie Addict: It's like treasure hunting! Definitely going to the store is a different experience.
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:12:37 )
@superbearwars: Exactly. It's like the difference between watching a movie at home and watching a movie in the theater. Sometimes it's all about the experience. Which is why I'm so excited about Thursday evening. RWBY season 5 is going to have an hour long premiere in theaters, I'm so hyped to have a nice experience watching it on a big screen surrounded by other fans.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.