Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Apple/Samsung Watches??

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 17:20:15 )

I have some questions about these things but I KEEP forgetting to ask whenever I'm in a tech store or talking to my tech coworkers!
My sis wants to get an Apple watch for her husband but we're not sure how well it works?
Like, does it cost extra on the phone bill to have it receive texts and such?
And does it work in a far range away from the phone? Like could he leave his phone at home or in his job's office while he walks around the building, and would it still work, or does it have to be within a bluetooth range?

If any of you know, thank you ;v;
I've never owned one so I would have no clue

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 17:23:35 )

@Jolly: So if they have an iPhone they can use an Apple or Android watch. If they have an Android phone they can only use an Android watch.

Smart watches don't cost anything extra if you don't get the cellular version (which means it has a sim in it and you pay monthly to your phone company for it to work anywhere without your phone on you). That's not what most people need. Most people have there phone on them so it pairs with the phone over bluetooth and is a device that relays on your phone being nearby. The notifications are pushed to your watch when your phone is not actively in use.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 17:23:48 )

I can answer any addition questions too.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 17:50:41 )

Awesome!! Thank you!
If she has any other questions I'll ping you xD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 18:54:24 )

Ok awesome. She can always talk to someone in an Apple store if you have one near you or your phone carrier store, they are going to try to get your to upgrade to the cellular one though XD

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 00:16:58 )
@Jolly: having a smart watch is good but i would like to give you an info in case your sis's husband wanted to keep the smart watch lifestyle.

since apple watch was created and existed, pretty much all types of smart watches (big brand or small) has firmware that last up to three years max. yet theyre doing same things as iphone or ipad etc but for some reason smart watch doesnt follow the long term firmware years like from tablets/phones.. firmware is very important and helps to get your data protected from hackers (in any forms).

tldr; owning a smart watch and if you decide to keep it, you need to know that it only have 3 years for firmware upgrade per smart watch version. you might spend more just to keep the lifestyle.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 00:36:16 )

@Kairu: That's a really good point that I forgot to add. Thanks Kairu <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:17:41 )

@kairu: Ohh good to know! THank you for that, I'll let her know O:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/18 04:39:17 )
They are both nice but the Android ones seem more bulky and heavy to me. I don’t like a lot of stuff on my wrist or hands so I use the Apple Watch it feels more comfortable to me.

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.