Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Help & Support Items? Volts?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/15 00:20:17 )
I’ve noticed a lot of the items I see on your avitars are amazing but not in the shop how do you go about getting these? Also what’s the best way to make Volts?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/15 00:33:39 )
"The future must know where you've been."

The items in the shops are called "Commons"!
Everything else is one of the following (and more that I could be forgetting):
• Event Items
• Orb / Random Item Generator Items
• Crate Items
• Knick Knacks
• Milestone Items

Here's a handy link to the Item Museum, which lists pretty much every single one of the items above!

"The past predicts the state you're in!"
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/15 02:38:05 )

The best way to make volts is to post, or sell your art or have some kind of mini shop. You can also get volts from the charity threads.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/15 03:06:45 )

This is how you get each type of item:
Event items- During events you can earn event currency from posting, doing puzzles, and so on. You can then use this currency to buy items from Joyful Jamboree, the event shop.
Crate Items- Each month a new crate is added to Ohm-My-Gosh Imports. When you open a crate, you get to choose which of the two monthly items you want. You also have a chance of getting a rare crate item along with the item you choose. The rare crate item changes every other month. Crates are purchased with ohms, which is the currency you get from donating to the site.
Orb Items- Orb items are obtained from orbs. Every three months three new orbs are added to Ohm-My-Gosh Imports. When you open an orb, you'll randomly get one of the items contained in that orb. The items in the orbs have different rarities, so you're more likely to get certain items than others. Of the three orbs, one can be purchased with volts while the other two can be purchased with ohms.
Collector's Sets- When a new orb or crate is released, a new Collector's Bundle is also released. These bundles contain orbs and orb items or crates as well a collector's set. A new collector's set is released every six months. Orb and crate collector's sets are different.
Knick Knacks- These are items given out for free to users in celebration of smaller holidays and such. In the past they were added directly to inventories, but I believe you now usually need to click a link in the announcement thread to receive the item. You can also buy extras from the shop for a limited amount of time after they're released.
Milestone Items- These are items given to users for free in celebration of hitting user or posting milestones. As goals are reached, posting milestone items will gain more poses until the final posting goal for that item is reached. These are distributed in the same manner as Knick Knacks.
Daily/Airship Items- These are items you get from clicking on the airship on the homepage. You can click it once per day.

Also, you can buy these items from other users in the Exchange forum!

I just wrote this off the top of my head, so feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong!

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/15 04:16:29 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

for someone new to voltra i'd recommend shopping for event items on the exchange forum! :3
the event items here are soo good and you can usually find ppl selling them for a few hundred volts in the exchange, i think they're a great value ^^

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/15 06:45:48 )
Thank you all. This was very helpful and thanks for the link to the museum I was having trouble navigating to it.

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.